* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Infringement  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Infringement
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »
*BOOOOM*

Like it has been said before, we're trying to keep our chances low on being sued by Nintendo, by creating everything from scratch. We removed the donate option from our website, because we don't need the extra money at the moment to keep servers running. Although we get some money from the Google ads at the top of the page, so keep clicking on them ;)

Making everything from scratch is the main reason it's taking us so long to release Pokemon Universe, because it is hard to find skilled people who are willing to put a lot of time and effort in this game without getting anything in return (except for being worshiped by almost 60k people).

It's especially hard to find (and mostly keep) pixel artists, because for some reason most of they always leave us without proper notice :P The problem is that we especially NEED pixel artists for  all the original content we need to create an exciting world. We are hoping we will get more pixel art applications once we have released the first beta.

Going back on-topic since I drifted away. We can't give you a 100% answer on that Nintendo is not going to shut us down, because we're still using the Pokemon name so in the end they have all the right to shut us down. But we're trying to find ways to keep the "infringement"  to a minimum so we are less of a threat.

As for a back-up plan, we don't really have one. The plans which have been said above have crossed our minds but we don't have anything concrete. We'll see once I receive a letter from Nintendo on my doormat. We could always start a petition for Nintendo to take us over, so we actually work for Nintendo :3
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »
I wasn't aware that this game had any infringement.

Pokemon is OC right?
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »
Oh, I'm sure they'll understand. They're all nice people, right? Here, I'll contact them right now - Directly, by phone.