* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Idea hub  (Read 15693 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Idea hub
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 04:54:51 AM »
i mean to ask how will the game recognize your pokemon's levels?

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 04:56:41 AM »
As far as the script goes, I don't really know.  What I do know is that it would add some difficulty to the gyms. 

As far as the floors, that would be up to the PU team.  Ez, I don't quite get what you're saying.

@Fox

Doesn't the game need to track your pokemon's levels moves and evolutions?

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:59:36 AM »
right... ugh i should have verified that stupid thing with my brother before i even posted... noob here.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »
right... ugh i should have verified that stupid thing with my brother before i even posted... noob here.

Everyone has their noob moments i have like 3 a day
It's over 9000!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »

Yeah man it happens, it's not a big deal. lol

Anyway while I know there are no ev's in PU, I've always though a good system for them would be the usual system for RPG's.  Your pokemon levels up and you get so many EV's and you can choose which stat they go into.  If really would make the games better.  I don't really battle competitively in the games because EV training is just so annoying, and I get sick of it quick.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »

Anyway while I know there are no ev's in PU, I've always though a good system for them would be the usual system for RPG's.  Your pokemon levels up and you get so many EV's and you can choose which stat they go into.  If really would make the games better.  I don't really battle competitively in the games because EV training is just so annoying, and I get sick of it quick.

Same here. I attempted EV training once, but after 30 minutes into it, I said chansey it.  Since there won't be any EV's in PU I'd like to see that idea in the hand held pokemon games.
sup

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 05:14:23 AM »

Same here. I attempted EV training once, but after 30 minutes into it, I said chansey it.  Since there won't be any EV's in PU I'd like to see that idea in the hand held pokemon games.

I said chansey it a few seconds into it

I use what is know as a action replay (evil laugh goes here)  -- couldnt find one on google  :'(
It's over 9000!

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 05:15:32 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! DO THE WORK AND EARN THE STRONG POKEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*10 minutes later...* OMG THIS IS SO chansey BOOOOOOOOOOORING! I THINK THEY WERE RIGHT! chansey SPENDING 50 MILLION HOURS BATTLING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Whats wrong with your AR? i can fix it if you tell me...

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »

I use what is know as a action replay ()  -- couldnt find one on google  :'(

Found one?

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:28:04 AM »

I use what is know as a action replay ()  -- couldnt find one on google  :'(

Found one?

i was looking for a small one
It's over 9000!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »
Um... that particular topic (about badges and levels) was already raised in this thread: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,2039.msg42638.html#msg42638
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
If players were to sell items, would this be done in a PokeMart, or could players just set up a shop containing sale items anywhere(or w/e?)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 11:53:50 PM »
If players were to sell items, would this be done in a PokeMart, or could players just set up a shop containing sale items anywhere(or w/e?)

What i think would be most logical to conserve space in the PU map would be instead of shops you'd have to click on the player and when the menu comes up press trade, in there you can trade poke money, Pokemon,items, ect...
It's over 9000!

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 12:39:50 AM »
I was actually thinking of if a player wanted to sell something without spamming Shop messages
Example, I have 5 thunderstones, what if I want to go afk, but still sell them?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:22 AM »
I was actually thinking of if a player wanted to sell something without spamming Shop messages
Example, I have 5 thunderstones, what if I want to go afk, but still sell them?

true...

What if there was one big secure shop that was for buying and selling from other players only? It would be like pokemon gts where you put an item up and leave what you want and you can be afk and the trade would still go on, unless that's what you meant in your first post? I thought when i read it that there should be a shop for every player
It's over 9000!