* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Lul wut?  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Lul wut?
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
To be honest i didn't know where to post this, so im going to post it here.  I've been lurking for like a day now and it doesn't seem like there is a thread about bugs or anything (what the beta testers are suppose to be filling out).  I don't know how it works cause obviously im not a beta tester or i just haven't lurked enough.  Any way, i that's not the main point.

You should get a ventrilo server.  In case you don't know what that is, it's like an online chatting room w/ microphones.  300x better than irc.   You can start with a 10 man which is free, and then through donations get up to a 50 man or what ever ( 10 man and 50 man is how many people the server can hold).  Maybe keep it to just staff, or make it public.  I don't really care.  Just saying thats an option... more like  a necessity. I have a few servers, but unless you (little kids don't read this)  care about the word ( last waring)

sexy mans
chansey
Dick
Dyke
Douche...

then i would recommend you don't use them. 

Any way, that is my recommendation for you getting everything set up out side of the game. 

IN GAME

Have like a johto, hoenn, and what ever the other stuff is regions.  Obviously you should mix some regions, but i would like to see... maybe just islands of pokemon only seen in those regions.  You could hire a map dev to do that. 

Instead of having starting pokemon from the actually pokemon games, why don't you allow people to choose what ever pokemon they want ( in it's lowest evolved form of course).  Maybe you could even have it follow them around like in pokemon yellow.  That would seem pretty chill.

All in all this seems promising and if you don't let too many people say " Oh shi- lulz wuldnt itz be soooooooooooo coolz leik if u culd do _______________ or ifz thur wur stoof GM'z culd do leik events and stoof"

Best of luck,
Herp derp

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Lul wut?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:43 AM »
lol word filter ftw

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:47:37 AM »
I could be mistaken but some of these things are probably whats going to happen. They are hiring mappers, well not hiring but you know, and its far from done so changes could happen. Some nice suggestions you have posted but the server suggestion kinda doesnt really need to happen IMO. I guess we'll just have to see what the Dev's say  ;)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
You should get a ventrilo server.

Dont think the PU team would approve of getting one. Dont think that there would be much of a point; mainly because it has a cost. I'd, honestly, rather have a great game server than a voice chat server

Have like a johto, hoenn, and what ever the other stuff is regions.   Obviously you should mix some regions, but i would like to see... maybe  just islands of pokemon only seen in those regions.  You could hire a  map dev to do that. 

there wont be a Johto, sinnoh, etc in PU and I think that something like has already been planned, in a whole new region.

Instead of having starting pokemon from the actually pokemon games, why  don't you allow people to choose what ever pokemon they want ( in it's  lowest evolved form of course).

Try reading TUAT

Maybe you could even have it follow  them around like in pokemon yellow.  That would seem pretty chill.

The following Poke' thread can be found here.
I dont think that its that much of a priority at the moment.

Great ideas and suggestions. Maybe the PU team may consider the ideas that are still on the fence

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:09:56 AM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:47 AM »

Dont think the PU team would approve of getting one. Dont think that there would be much of a point; mainly because it has a cost. I'd, honestly, rather have a great game server than a voice chat server

IMHO it improves gameplay when you can interact with other people on a vocal basis.  You don't have to buy a server, you can just google public ventrilo servers until you find one.  I have some but like i said they are not very friendly with the channel names or people.

there wont be a Johto, sinnoh, etc in PU and I think that something like has already been planned, in a whole new region.

I didn't mean remake the regions.  I was talking about making it so that players can go to an area where its just those kinds of pokemon.  Not all of the pokemon from that region, but some.

Try reading TUAT

I read that and im saying that instead of that do what i SUGGESTED.  Im not begging and im not asking, im just stating an opinion that i believe would improve the experience.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 02:59:29 AM »
This is true, it is his suggestion and its under the suggestions. Just because they are not the best ideas doesn't really mean he disrespect them. Everyone makes a bad suggestion sometime in their life. But a few times people make genius suggestions which is why people need to keep suggesting things, because who knows it may make an impact in the game.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:24:10 AM »
#locked
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
I've been lurking for like a day now and it doesn't seem like there is a thread about bugs or anything (what the beta testers are suppose to be filling out).  I don't know how it works cause obviously im not a beta tester or i just haven't lurked enough.
It exists, but it's in the part of the forum that only pre-beta testers can see :D