* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What happens if all your pokemon faint?  (Read 12791 times)

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if all your pokemon faint?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
If people want to revive their Pokemon after a loss they should either have the item revive or pay 5000 Pokedollars for each Pokemon that faints after a battle

They should always have Revive on them since it's handy, but that would defeat the penalty. Once your Pokémon faint, you are practically "dead" so you shouldn't be able to do anything, other than run to the nearest PokéCenter, or Wait for Help.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM by genbor »
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:56 AM »
it sounds like you guys want checkpoints i think thats a good idea but would be annoying and more easily exploited than the so called "medical kit" if  a medical kit was to be made i believe they would be an abnormally hard to get item in which you'd probably  you'd get on at a time. this would disencourage over use. to work it could teleport you to the pc and give you an opportunity to gear up with a different set of pokemon from oak's cpu if u want as an addition. then instead of leaving it could be a special pc that theres no door just a teleporter in which you go to your medical kit. all set aside this would require lots of programming and i'd hate to see the game pushed farther over a want. i hope this can settle the need

p.s. reafer: people could super duper abuse that
ii believe these words came from herman cain "i believe these words came from the Pokemon movie" see? even presidential candidates like it

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »
I guess you could borrow one of your partner's pokemon which is kinda like the battle towers? where you use pokemon which are not yours(but not so much). There could be a feature I guess where pokemon eventually recover hp provided you feed them and give them basic medical aid. I mean pokemon have to eat so it makes sense. If you're talking about paying to have your pokemon revived though, I like the idea of paying for some rangers or another to bring you safely back to the center(with the use of teleport, dig, fly pokemon) safely, so you can heal, better. Anyhoo, I'm just making stuff up. :)

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:25 AM »
Well, I think you're over complicating things. PU isn't your normal Pokemon game, so we have to assume in terms of PvP, we'll probably be making a lot of trips to the Pokemon Center. However, as I've suggested elsewhere, healing/medical/whatever could be a skill. Every time it's used the player becomes __ amount better at performing the skill. At 100% they've perfected it and can use it freely, but unlike most games, PU doesn't have mana or magic, so I think the skill would either need a daily limit or require the purchase of a medical kit for good measure. Also, it wouldn't be easy to reach 100% of any skill.

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:43 AM »
Now that you mention it, hehe.., I am over complicated things although I feel the ideas themselves are perfectly normal.
But I totally see the appeal of using skills for all these situations. Skills could definitely better affect the popularity of the game, imo, rather than having some more variety of solutions which would be annoying to keep track of and more so to implement.
edit: had to do thiss
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:34:41 AM by CelaGhost »

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »
i don't speak for everyone, but i wasn't really speaking of pvp im sure that has been a main focus and is very well thought thru. im speaking of like quest, for instance, say one need to cross thru a entirely grassy area and before getting there has traveled several towns to get there and dies going back farther than desired. one could use said checkpoint if user has one instead of having to chronically walk back if said user has weak or little amount of pokemon and not all users would want to focus on healing, some may not even need it so why bother with it. plus if someone had infinite healing it could unbalance gameplay
ii believe these words came from herman cain "i believe these words came from the Pokemon movie" see? even presidential candidates like it

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »
CelaGhost: Heh, I actually wasn't referring to your ideas when I said over complicated. You had posted just before I did, and I didn't read yours first.

lildjremix: Well I get your point, but I think it comes down to how open world PU is. It would be a serious hassle if in order to get from one town to another, you had to travel through caves, mountains, even maze-like forests. Flying may come about in some capacity but I wouldn't imagine it being too easy to obtain. Also, it has been stated that a lot of quests won't focus on battles, and if you're traveling from one town to another and you battle an NPC trainer, well, do you really expect to die? Lets be honest, if NPC combat is anything like in the games, Trainer Bob isn't exactly that dominant hehe. One last thing though, infinite healing isn't what I meant. In fact, I even described what could be done so it isn't possible. Either a daily limit on how many times you can heal, or the requirement of a rare med kit sort of item. Even then, if one attempts to heal their own team, they can only revive 1 Pokemon at best. When their skill percentage becomes rather high, they can revive another, and then at 100% they can revive at least 3 no problem. No more than that, though.

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
ok i see your point lol the healing sounds like it could be a good idea if programmed probably but a medic pack checkpoint would be a nice prize for beating a league if you don't want to learn healing. either way the pu team seams to be well aware of what is wanted and is probably way ahead of both of us -_-nd sorry i thought you meant by using it freely u meant unlimited my mistake

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
lol it's cool, and you're probably right. I agree with what you said about the checkpoint though too, but then again that may just mean being teleported to the nearest PokeCenter. Depending on how big the Miryus region is, it may not be that big a deal if you die and have to walk or run back to where you were. Maybe there could even be travel guides in some towns that will safely transport you to the next town over for some money.

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
thats true or a ranger to guide you thru caves  too who knows, maybe the spawn point ordeal could be a power of a special pokemon or (refrencing to the make legendarys legendary thread) it could be something temporarily granted such as your healing power could be too i'd be fine with that

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
I was wondering that if you lose a battle and all your pokemon faint what happens?

If you lose a Pokemon battle against a NPC during exploring the world, you'll get teleported to the nearest already visited PokeCenter.

If you lose a Pokemon battle against another player during exploring the world, you'll find all of your pokemon still to be alive.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"