Pokémon Universe > Ideas & Suggestions

Pick figthing Pokémon

(1/3) > >>

Denaton:
something i miss in the Gameboy games is that (havent played the new once) i always has to chose the order of the pokémon before every fight. Ash in the series always pick his battling pokémon after he sees what wild Pokémon he meets. This will no work in PvP since you will not know witch Pokémon your opponent chose, but i think it would be cool to be able to chose what Pokémon you wanna start to fight with before sending anyone out..

Since i am fairly new i have read some of the rules and most of the rules are the same every where. I did use the search button but if this suggestion is already out there feel free to delete, i know i would.

Aquashin:
part of expert battling styles its to allways be ready for what may come, ussualy people use the same OverUsed pokemon to start so the experts tend to know allready what they are up agaisnt before the fight starts

so my advice here its taking an ideia i saw from Pokemon Online Simulator, its to have a option prior to battling to be able to see the other's party and change your pokemons any way you wish.

genbor:
 Well, technically you CAN choose which Pokémon you want to start a fight with, you just have to place it in the first (topmost) spot. It will always be your starter. I understand what you are suggesting, but I like it the way it is now. You wouldn't really know which Pokémon will appear when you are in high grass or other spawning areas, so it just adds to the challenge of the game to keep guessing which Pokémon you should have as Starter. You could also just make a permanent Pokémon whose role is solely for starting fights. Persian would be a good choice for that with it's Fake Out which will give you a free hit on the enemy.

--- Quote from: shin21 on March 19, 2012, 10:51:25 PM ---part of expert battling styles its to allways be ready for what may come, ussualy people use the same OverUsed pokemon to start so the experts tend to know allready what they are up agaisnt before the fight starts

so my advice here its taking an ideia i saw from Pokemon Online Simulator, its to have a option prior to battling to be able to see the other's party and change your pokemons any way you wish.

--- End quote ---

I am against this idea. You won't know which order someone will send his Pokémon in so it really just comes down to guessing. If you can see your enemy's Pokémon, the same can be said backwards. So now we have a scenario where you change to a Pokémon which has an advantage over their Starter, while he does the same, and then you would still be where you started: you don't know what he will choose for a Starter. Unless of course, he leaves his team the way it is, or guesses correctly what you will use for a replacement and chooses an appropriate one. I just think it's too much of a hassle and it's fine the way it is, but if the rest of the community wishes to do that as well and the Team approves, it's also fine.

Aquashin:

--- Quote from: genbor on March 19, 2012, 10:53:32 PM --- I am against this idea. You won't know which order someone will send his Pokémon in so it really just comes down to guessing. If you can see your enemy's Pokémon, the same can be said backwards. So now we have a scenario where you change to a Pokémon which has an advantage over their Starter, while he does the same, and then you would still be where you started: you don't know what he will choose for a Starter. Unless of course, he leaves his team the way it is, or guesses correctly what you will use for a replacement and chooses an appropriate one. I just think it's too much of a hassle and it's fine the way it is, but if the rest of the community wishes to do that as well and the Team approves, it's also fine.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you there, but in that case u must outsmart the other person, thats why i said add the option, being only a option people may use it or not, its up to them

smooth330:

--- Quote from: shin21 on March 19, 2012, 10:51:25 PM ---part of expert battling styles its to allways be ready for what may come, ussualy people use the same OverUsed pokemon to start so the experts tend to know allready what they are up agaisnt before the fight starts

--- End quote ---

^ i think this is the best.. be prepared for anything

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version