Pokémon Universe > Development

Re: To Do List

(1/2) > >>

Pubbles:
I notice it hasn't been changed for a while, and I also know that Mr Dark is currently not here, so I'm not trying to be a pest or impatient.

But I'd like to help develop some of the things on the list (if I'm at all capable, that is! I'll fiddle with it and try as hard as I can to make some of it!) BUT I'm lacking some information...

First, is there a standard "tile" size I should be working inside, for the "Ground/Environment" art? (eg, 20x20 tiles of the "Beach Sand")

Second, is there a maximum size for the Buildings or other "Objects" that are still needed?

I assume that the NPCs needed will need to be the same general size as the Paperdolls provided for the recent competitions, but can they be Taller/Fatter?

The reason I ask these questions is because I've developed Maps for another MMO, and done so very well, but always had a "Mapping Program" that held all the tiles, objects and NPC graphics that I'd need. So with that experience I assumed there is a Tile size we're shooting for.

I don't have a ton of free time, but I'm more than happy to at least try to develop some of those basic tiles!

Hope this post isn't duplicating questions elsewhere, or seeking answers already given. But if someone could post that information, I'd really appreciate it, and it'd give some of the others the info they'd need to try to help create at least some of the pixel art!

Thanks

zylonnick:
We have a mapping program and mappers, but what we really need are pixel artists. Tiles have 48*48 size I believe. For more info on the job, please take a look at the jobs-section of the forums. (I'm writing this in a hurry on my ipod, so excuse me for my grammar)

Greetz,
Ponge

genbor:
 Tiles have been changed to size 32*32 if I remember correctly. Come online on IRC sometime if your free-time allows it and if we're on, we can provide you with some of the information you need (maybe all).

Jerry:
Yup, it changed to 32*32 sometime between last year and this year...

Mr_Dark:
I'll instruct my people to update the list more often :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version