Pokémon Universe > Ideas & Suggestions

Is there a specific color palette for Pixel Art in game?

(1/4) > >>

Pubbles:
I've been fooling around with some of the NPC ideas needed on the To Do List, and it just dawned on me...

If the colors I'm using (custom, because MS Paint has a horribly inadequate color palette) will even work in the game... it would be silly to work out an NPC that can't translate into the game itself...

So, if there IS a specific color palette in use for the game, could I get a copy of it, in png format of course, to copy and thus use proper PU colors?

Thanks!!!!!

PS: I'm not very good at this, but I think I'm getting better, I hope that with each tiny project I play with that I get better, and eventually produce something worth your time to look at and such!

Jerry:
I probably don't have that kind of information, but my guess would be that any colour (i.e. from #000000 to #FFFFFF which is 16*6 colours) would be okay.

Pubbles:
I think that encompasses all the possibilities in MS Paint, but I'm not sure. I'll pull up a HTML color chart and copy/paste it into Paint so I can have it on hand if that turns out to be correct!

Thanks Jerry, always trying to answer questions and help! =)

Jerry:
Hey, there's GIMP which you could try. You have the full range of colours, you can create your custom palettes, get transparent pixels, make custom grids and zoom in and out with much more flexibility. Best of all, it's open source =P

Pubbles:

--- Quote from: Jerry on July 06, 2012, 05:36:19 PM ---Hey, there's GIMP which you could try. You have the full range of colours, you can create your custom palettes, get transparent pixels, make custom grids and zoom in and out with much more flexibility. Best of all, it's open source =P

--- End quote ---

Yes, I've used GIMP before - I made my profile picture with it, from a rather horrible .bmp file I found somewhere. However, that was on my old laptop, and I downloaded it recently to the new laptop, but something went wrong with another program so I had to reset to a previous date.

Although I haven't learned much about the program, I am also not sure I'd be able to learn the complicated program very well.

I have used Paint for ages though, so I'm pretty decent with it. I'd like to know GIMP better, but I really don't have the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version