Pokémon Universe > Ideas & Suggestions

Is there a specific color palette for Pixel Art in game?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jerry:
I wouldn't say it's complicated for pixel art :)

Here's a screenshot: http://p1cture.it/images/67fc62aadf45e704d1b4.png

I pick the pencil tool, set the size/scale to 0.1.
I pick the colours from the side pane on the bottom right (this is a dockable dialog through Windows>Dockable Dialogs I think)
Then, Ctrl+RollUp (with mouse) to zoom in.

I can use the palette editor, I can create one, I can also apply grids through Preferences. The two latter ones are not as straightforward, but once you know how to do them, it makes things much much easier. In any case, you can do pixel art without those.

Pubbles:
Oh, I agree, it's not difficult for Pixel Art, but with all the bells and whistles, it looks crazy complicated.

I did like it when I'd used it before, I'll look into it again soon, but for now I'll play around with Paint, it suits Pixel Art pretty well.

Jerry:
Okay, if it suits you :)

Yume Tsuki:
I've worked with a sprite insterting program before, and with it I had a program that converted the image to have a limit of 16 colours, had to do that to make sure the program picked up my colours properly. It didn't matter which colours, because it's just a single sprite. Same goes for tiles, and my guess is that the parperdoll system will have seperate sprites for the clothes.

Pubbles:

--- Quote from: Yukimenoko on July 06, 2012, 09:06:36 PM ---I've worked with a sprite insterting program before, and with it I had a program that converted the image to have a limit of 16 colours, had to do that to make sure the program picked up my colours properly. It didn't matter which colours, because it's just a single sprite. Same goes for tiles, and my guess is that the parperdoll system will have seperate sprites for the clothes.

--- End quote ---

True, that would make the most sense. I will be sure to keep anything I attempt limited to 16 colors, that shouldn't be overly difficult, as I'm not attempting anything nearly as detailed as the competitions that have been going on... But so far, all I've really had trouble with is the hair.

For some reason, I can't seem to get any hair done at all, it all looks horrible to me! =(

Since I am only toying with NPC sprites on the To Do List, I'm not sure if things like hair-styles will be transferable from the Player Sprite options.

Thanks for the answer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version