Pokémon Discussion > Games

Nuzlocke thread.

(1/3) > >>

Desbear:
I noticed no one really does a nuzlocke run anymore.. I'd like to change that. I would like to challenge you, any of you. To come up with your own and do it, do someone else's, or even just do the normal one. But please, do a nuzlocke run. Only YOU can prevent their Extinction!

Since all the other nuzlocke threads are closed, and It would spam the thing if we all created our own. How about this? A thread for everyone to post their nuzlocke's in. Your rules and such. Here's mine.

1:If your pokemon faints, it dies.
2:You may catch any pokemon on a route, but only one. (I.E. You can catch a ralts, but nothing else on taht route.)
3:You may only have 3 pokemon at a time.
4:Once you have 3 other pokemon, you must release your starter. or put it in the PC.
5:You may not pick items up, and you may not buy anything but Pokeballs, antidotes, and repels.
6:Have fun. Remember kids, Fun first. rules second.
7:You lose, you start over. you must finish.
*optional*8:For every episode, you must have a chapter.
*Optional*9:You can use pokemon centers, but there is a catch. You can only use the same center 10 time each.
*Optional*10:You may catch a shiny, and if its your first for the route, you decide if it counts. If its not your first of the route, doesn't matter. Catch it anyways. Shiny's are good.

Notes:A few of you are going to say that being able to catch a pokemon of your choice on each route makes it too easy. But if you add in rule 3 and 4, not as easy is it? Also, This is about having fun. I know I have less fun when I can't choose my pokemon. So yeah.

That's my nuzlocke run. What's yours? I would like to ask that you post yours here, instead of creating a new thread. why? Because I don't want people to be spammed with nuzlocke threads. So yeah.
Post your:
Thoughts on people's nuzlocke runs.
Your own nuzocke runs.
And stuffs. You can even post your nuzlocke run logs or video's here. So yeah.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
I've been thinking about doing one. Might start soon. I need to decide which game I'll do it on.

The-Blades-slave:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8836883/1/Pokemon-Nuzlockien-Brethren

That is all.

BrodyMason:
Rules-

-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
-The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
-The player must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
-A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

Extras-

-The Rules are only enforced after the player receives their first pokeball.
-The player is not allowed to use healing/status healing items in battle, unless the opponent does so first. The player is allowed to use one item for each item the opponent uses.
-Legendaries are exempt from the first encounter rule, however, once caught, they cannot be used in battle.
-Regarding the bug catching tournament...the first encounter rule is exempt during this tournament, however, the player may only keep the pokemon caught during their first tournament.
-Regarding the Safari Zone...the first encounter rule is exempt in the safari zone, however, the player may only catch and keep one pokemon from the safari zone.
-Shinies are exempt from the first encounter rule.
-Gift pokemon are exempt from the first encounter rule.

And without further ado, let's get this party started!!! I'll be posting my first journal entry soon...

Yume Tsuki:
I've been doing a Pokémon Ruby nuzlocke run for a while now:

- Any pokémon that faints is considered dead, and may not be used anymore. (I keep them in a box called Graveyard, to keep my information for my nuzlocke comic I hope to finish)
- Catch the first pokémon in the area that is a duplicate. If you find a duplicate you may not catch anohter pokémon in the same area.
- If you lost all your pokémon you're game over.
- No trading with other games.
- Nickname all your pokémon

Extra's:
- No shopping. (only freebies)
- Battle style to Set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version