Pokémon Universe > Game Features

Poketranslator

(1/3) > >>

Triloog:
Ej guys :)

I was thinking, wouldn't it be neat if there would be a Poketranslator?
A Poketranslator would be a machine (key item) that would function as a translator machine for human-Pokemon speech.

To make the use of this machine limited (to give an extra feature to the game, instead of instant understanding of all Pokemon which would be a bit too much I think), you could set some sort of timer where the machine can only be used for a limited amount of time.
Another option would be that this machine only functions when there are Pokemon nearby that are in a life-threatening situation and are putting all their concentration in trying to make sense to humans.
Another means of usage would be that the machine could give a pop-up if there were such a situation nearby.

A Poketranslator could be created with the help of several items the player has to collect for a chain quest to complete the Poketranslator. Once the Poketranslator is completed, several NPC's can hand out quests which makes use of the device.

Tickles:
Explain this a bit more. So far I'm thinking it may be more gimmicky than anything.

Triloog:
I understand that I should've elaborated more. :P

Let's say you're playing Pokemon. You've trained some Pokemon and perhaps you've also breeded a few. You've become known throughout the region and even end up being the champion. But what you do not know...

What is happening in the PokeCenters? How do Pokemon end up there? Who knows how to help Pokemon best?
Now this is where you, the player comes in.

Once you've completed the PokeTranslator, you can communicate with Pokemon that are sick and fighting for their lives.
Let's say you encounter a weak Azurill. You and others may think you can help him by feeding him berries. But what if he ate something terribly wrong? What if giving him a warm blanket to sleep under helps him better instead of trying to force feed him berries? What if these Pokemon could be able to tell you what they need, some in the wild and others in PokeCenters? What if you become the link between PokeRangers and PokeCenters by joining a PokeSquad that acts as such(name higly debatable)? By obtaining  the PokeTranslator and using it to help other Pokemon, a PokeSquad member notice you and asks you to join the PokeSquad to help Pokemon.

This week, I'll try to elaborate on it further.

fuzzy3158:
Sounds like an item that's a requirement for certain quests, possibly run-off-the-mill, possibly very elaborate. Maybe it makes some quests easier by allowing the trainer access to certain hints from nearby wild pokemon? Sounds like there are a lot of options, but you're going to have to make it work if you don't want it to end up as gimmicky, that's for sure.

Triloog:
Xetroc

--- Quote ---Explain this a bit more. So far I'm thinking it may be more gimmicky than anything.
--- End quote ---

fuzzy3158

--- Quote ---Sounds like an item that's a requirement for certain quests, possibly run-off-the-mill, possibly very elaborate. Maybe it makes some quests easier by allowing the trainer access to certain hints from nearby wild pokemon? Sounds like there are a lot of options, but you're going to have to make it work if you don't want it to end up as gimmicky, that's for sure.
--- End quote ---

I agree with you guys that it could become gimmicky. But I think, if used properly, it could become more.

I think such an item to help heal Pokemon and become a PokeSquad-member (name still debatable), should give you increased features such as
* entering PokeCenters, behind the scenes (wouldn't this be a great place to create the potions? or a great place where potion creation is easier/works better?),
* healing and helping Pokemon themselves (which could also function with the moral system - good for doing what the Pokemon say, bad for not listening to the Pokemon).
* more quests
* and some more things that I'll try to think of

Quest-chains in the process for gaining the feature:
1. Help professor complete PokeTranslator
2. Help Pokemon in the wild
3. Joining the PokeSquad (name still debatable)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version