* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Aurorus for Triloog  (Read 2265 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Aurorus for Triloog
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
Pokemon #699, Aurorus, Rock/Ice type, Tundra pokemon.

Intro: Aurorus, the evolved form of Amaura, is best known as the pokemon that shimmers like an aurora in the night sky. Aurorus’ body is reminiscent of Amargasaurus, with a large body, a long neck and tail with a curl, and four thick and high legs. Its entire body is split in two colors, with the top half being dark blue and purplish, and the lower half being light blue. The transition between the colors on the neck is a pattern of half hexagons. Aurorus has ice crystals over the entire length of its body. It has two large skin-sail extensions over the length of its neck. These sails are waving continuously, while they slightly change colors, fluctuating between yellow and light blue. Aurorus’ hind legs have three nails, and the front legs have a single nail and one claw. Its forehead is decorated with a white V with a single ice crystal in the middle.

Habitat: Although it is nowadays officially extinct, Aurorus was a pokemon that roamed the tundra’s in search of food.

Diet: Aurorus is completely herbivorous. It prefers to eat berries and fruit, but was often forced to live on the thin layer of moss that grows on the permafrost of the tundra.

Biology: Aurorus’ crystals generate cold air around it, to temperatures as low as -150 °C. This causes Aurorus to be constantly surrounded by frost, and makes the temperature drop whenever Aurorus is released from its pokeball. This aura of cold also turns Aurorus’ normal-type moves into ice-type moves, which become more powerful since it is an ice-pokemon. It is unknown what the natural funtcion of the crystals was, but it is speculated that to survive the harsh weather of the tundra, Aurorus evolved to become an ice pokemon, which in turn made it dependent on the cold. In order to survive the winter and season, it grew ice crystals which protected it from the heat while searching for food.
Auroros’ skin sails have a mysterious glow, like the Aurora Borealis. In the darkness of the night, the shimmer of the sails is quite a sight to behold. The sails are also able to generate a certain amount of current, which allows Aurorus to use electric moves. Aurorus is also able other off-type moves such as Earthquake, Flash Cannon, Dragon Tail and even Psychic and Dream Eeater. It evolved the ability to use Dream Eater since it is a pokemon that is mostly active at night, and it was an additional way of obtaining nourishment on the Tundra, without the need for conflict or hunting.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class F: Aurorus can only be obtained by evolving Amaura, which is in turn resurrected from a fossil. This makes Aurorus an exceptionally difficult pokemon to obtain, although several enterprising trainers have started the spread of this pokemon by means of breeding, mostly using Ditto.
The PLC has not implanted any restrictions towards obtaining Aurorus, although all sail fossils have been added to the national heritage list of Kalos and are deemed valuable relics.

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Aurorus for Triloog
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
Great entry fuzzy! :D

Really nice to read. :)
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)