Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction & Writing

The Legend Of Miltank

<< < (3/3)

Roloc:

--- Quote from: TrainerX on April 01, 2014, 05:25:20 PM --- But how do you ensure that? A comment can be interpreted in too many different ways. For example, I could interpret the comment as an honest request, or I could interpret it as a comment intended to offend me. The latter interpretation is extreme, but I have met people that I could actually see interpreting it that way.

--- End quote ---

You just try to leave out comments that sound insulting all together. Try to be more like Cortex's post. If you like a certain part of it then mention it and maybe tell them to elaborate on it a bit more and to try and fix up their grammar and spelling.
The main problem was the kindergarten comment. Thats where your post got the insulting tone to it.

TrainerX:
Yeah, again, the kindergarten thing was just a random comment about the length of the story; it was not intended as an insult. My actual opinions were below that.

Oh well. I suppose I've derailed the thread enough, I'll just leave now.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't seriously asking how to ensure that your tone isn't negative, I was just using that to further explain the point I was trying to make.

lubbies:
If I may:

@Toasty, I understand that you didn't intend to offend anyone but the thing I picked up was that you asked WHY Cincy had written the piece where it is perfectly understandable that he/she (I'm not too sure) intended to share a story. Even Shakespeare wrote kindergarten pieces once.

But back on topic.

@Cincy, it IS quite short but shows a general morale which is great, touch up on your grammar and spelling and BAM you'll be a Cortex in no time ;3

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: lubbies on April 01, 2014, 10:21:55 PM ---If I may:

@Toasty, I understand that you didn't intend to offend anyone but the thing I picked up was that you asked WHY Cincy had written the piece where it is perfectly understandable that he/she (I'm not too sure) intended to share a story. Even Shakespeare wrote kindergarten pieces once.

--- End quote ---
That's not what I meant when I asked that. I definitely could have said that better. Basically, what all of my questions were asking was what exactly the story was intended to be. Was it intended to be just a short story? Did she intend to expand on it, and maybe write some sort of second chapter? Is it supposed to be just, as the title implies, a short and simple legend; or did she want to make it into something more?

Again, that kindergarten comment was not comparing her writing to that of a kindergartner, it was just a comment about the length of it. It was neither a negative nor a positive comment.

Yes, Shakespeare "wrote kindergarten pieces once." I realize that, which is why I bothered to give constructive criticism. If I didn't realize that, I would not have provided criticism, or even posted for that matter.

And I'm back in this thread again... I'm seriously leaving this time.

Also, the "tone" of this post is completely neutral. Until I get better at using my words, I'll just include that.

Roloc:
Thats enough talk on this.

Locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version