* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Poll

Vote for the nominee you want to be RP Moderator

Humen
3 (18.8%)
foodonfloor
3 (18.8%)
The-Blades-slave
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 14, 2014, 02:07:07 pm

Author Topic: Election of RP moderator [Election Over]  (Read 27591 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Election of RP moderator [Election Over]
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:48 pm »
Thanks to the members who wanted to make the RP section more active, I decided to hold an election to nominate a moderator (and make it a bit fun in the process, or maybe I just want to try hosting an election :P).

Eligibility:
- Members with at least 50 forum posts can nominate themselves.
- There is no karma restriction for the nominees.

Some other stuff:
- Nominees can write a little (freely editable) introduction to describe why they might make a good moderator (up to them).
- Nominations are not binding, in the sense that any nominee can withdraw at any point in time during the election (both nomination and election phase).

This is the first phase of the election, the nomination phase. This phase will close next week let's say on Friday 12:00 GMT (noon) which is (according to this site) is:
- 22:00 AEST
- 08:00 EDT
- 07:00 EST
- 06:00 CST
- 05:00 PDT

If all goes as planned, the voting will then start right after that, and end on Monday 12:00 GMT (noon).

Nominees are required to use the header:

Code: [Select]
I am hereby nominating myself as moderator of the RolePlay boards.
And put it as a post in this thread.

During the nomination phase
Any member can ask questions to any nominees in this thread itself. They can ask several questions, should they wish to, but make it clear with header (replace XXX with the nominee name, and if you are addressing several nominees in your post, put one under the other with the appropriate header):

Code: [Select]
To: XXX
It's even better if you also quote the post of the nominee so that anyone go back to see the current nomination with a click.

The above procedures are merely to make things easier to follow and make sure there's no confusion when it comes to who is asking/replying to whom.

During the election phase
Members and nominees will be allowed to vote on any one nominee. Each member (including nominees) will be given 2 votes (both votes cannot be used on the same nominee) and the poll results will be visible at all times during this phase. Should a nominee resign, any vote cast on said nominee can be recast on another nominee. The election phase will be closed and no more voting will be allowed past the deadline mentioned earlier.

Current nominees (will update periodically):
Humen
foodonfloor
The-Blades-slave
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:47:38 pm by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: Election of RP moderator [Open for Nominations]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »
Are we allowed to nominate other people?

If so, I nominate blades, as he has a hand in just about every RP, and is generally good at defusing situations.

Or setting them off like an atom bomb.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:03:19 am »

Cause you know, Why not?
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:54:02 am »

I put some thought into it, and decided to run. I began and am still sort of spearheading the RP section revival, and so I think that it makes sense for me to become a mod and help in overseeing that those changes are made, as well as help to continue to improve the section. I've been in enough RPs to know what is needed to succeed, and can provide valuable tips and help for both GMs and RPers alike. I've been writing for a rather long time now, since early elementary school, and would love to use my experience to help others who share that same passion, and in becoming a mod, I would be able to do so more effectively. Plus, now that my schedule's cleared up a bit, I'll be able to be around the site far more often than I have been in the past couple of months.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:19:04 am by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:56:01 am »
If we're allowed to nominate other people, then I second Meowth's nomination. Blades seems to know his stuff about role-playing. As for defusing situations, I'm just going to take Meowth's word for it. I haven't really had much interaction with Blades.

I think foodonfloor would be capable of being a moderator also. I haven't talked to him all that much either, but he seems to know his way around an RP.

EDIT: I guess foodonfloor nominated himself. Still want to nominate Blades though. I want to see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:57:46 am by VisceralToast »

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
  • Had an older account, forgot what it was. Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:20:24 am »
I third the nomination for Blades.
[SIGNATURE]

I actually have all the badges from each region, because, y'know, badges.

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:43:56 am »
I support the idea of nominating Blades, I saw him in almost every RP I enter or read, and he sure knows a lot of the RP guidelines, also, I got a question for the nominees.

To all nominees:
What will you do to regulate the battles between the characters? And how will you determine winners, draws if neither of the players want to lose?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:26:52 pm by Jerry »

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 06:05:02 am »
rejlev, that's up to the GM of the individual RP, not the mod to decide. The GM handles how events, battles, and other similar aspects of the RP are carried out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:06:56 am by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:06:16 am »
Well generally that's a GMs job, but I can answer anyways. There's two situations that happens.

Situation #1
Two characters, but they are from enemy factions. In that case the winner is determined between them, within certain guidelines. If one stated earlier he was traveling with a squadron and the other is alone, the one outnumbered will lose in most cases. If neither wishes to lose (which shouldn't happen often) you can interfere with the battle using an NPC soldier or something of the like.

Situation #2
It's a personal fight between characters in the same faction. In this case I would almost always interrupt it before the end because it is counter productive. There are certain circumstances that can change it (one of them is  a traitor, they are away from anyone else, it is a gladiator fight or something of the sort, etc.), but that would be my most common answer.

Hope that makes sense. Moderators and GMs control only so much, this is something I usually leave to the RPers unless interfering with plot and I can't change it a bit to fit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:10:05 am by The-Blades-slave »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »
Yeah I am also going to vote for Blades because I feel he knows what it takes to make a RP shine. (Not saying it always happens) he has had a few moments of quitage but I feel he'd be a great mod.

Plus, he has the best slit your wrists writitng ever. (In a good way)
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »
I nominate Blades =w=
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »
Are we allowed to nominate other people?

If so, I nominate blades, as he has a hand in just about every RP, and is generally good at defusing situations.

Or setting them off like an atom bomb.

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned it, but I believe that the candidate has to make the first step. I don't want people to be voting on someone who doesn't want to become a moderator. You sure can then 'add on' to their introduction, in a way where you are strengthening their points (if any) or adding those that the nominee missed that you think is a strong point.

To Humen:

Cause you know, Why not?

Sure can!

Just a little question:
What do you think is the best way to act if there's a newcomer who starts an RP without having apparently read the current rules? (i.e. No prior moderator approval and wrong formatting? Everything else seems okay, the plot seems borderline satisfactory.

To foodonfloor:

I put some thought into it, and decided to run. I began and am still sort of spearheading the RP section revival, and so I think that it makes sense for me to become a mod and help in overseeing that those changes are made, as well as help to continue to improve the section. I've been in enough RPs to know what is needed to succeed, and can provide valuable tips and help for both GMs and RPers alike. I've been writing for a rather long time now, since early elementary school, and would love to use my experience to help others who share that same passion, and in becoming a mod, I would be able to do so more effectively. Plus, now that my schedule's cleared up a bit, I'll be able to be around the site far more often than I have been in the past couple of months.

Thanks! Your username was added to the list.

And a question for you too!
Becoming a moderator will grant you to some new tools; namely editing other people's posts, moving posts, sticking threads, locking threads and even deleting them. When do you think that deleting a thread is the right thing to do?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:39 am »

Edit: It took me a while to think of why I'm qualified. I'm a pretty level-headed person, and I have a lot of experience with RPs. For the past year I've participated in most of the roleplays (Sub-GMing and helping create a majority of them.) I like to think I handled most of those situations well, and a lot of the people from those RPs can vouch for me. I spend a lot of time on the site as well, so I guess that's a plus.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:18:06 pm by Jerry »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 08:57:01 pm »
To Humen:
Sure can!

Just a little question:
What do you think is the best way to act if there's a newcomer who starts an RP without having apparently read the current rules? (i.e. No prior moderator approval and wrong formatting? Everything else seems okay, the plot seems borderline satisfactory.

alright you put me on the spot here Jerr. Erm I guess if by formatting you mean that they havent added a clear OOCC/Profile section I guess I'd just take the backstory assuming there already been talk in that thread discussing charaters or whatever and change it to the OOCC and put the backstory of the RP in a new thread for hte story(and add a profile section for that person to fill out if need be). And just advice them that thats the proper format and to do that the next time they start an RP.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:22 am »
alright you put me on the spot here Jerr. Erm I guess if by formatting you mean that they havent added a clear OOCC/Profile section I guess I'd just take the backstory assuming there already been talk in that thread discussing charaters or whatever and change it to the OOCC and put the backstory of the RP in a new thread for hte story(and add a profile section for that person to fill out if need be). And just advice them that thats the proper format and to do that the next time they start an RP.

Thank you for the reply :) There's nothing against, you, I'm just trying to prepare you for the job if you want to become moderator.

I think that the best course of action would be to first change the title of the RP to add the tag [Pending], then add a post, linking to the rules, and explaining what is wrong: for example, pointing out that the RP should have [Pending] in the title until moderator approval, pointing out that the RP should have 2 more sections: OOCC and Profiles, and that profiles should go to the latter section.

Then you let them make the two separate sections, because if you do, they won't be able to do any edits on that first post (remember that regular users can make edits on their own posts only), so while you meant good, it could leave the user a bit confused. :)