* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Suggestions I Have  (Read 4978 times)

Offline lilpete100

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Suggestions I Have
« on: February 01, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
I think you should be able to control the pokemon while you're flying on it.It would be a good idea because then you could go to the exact place you want. You could also look down at the ground and see things while you are flying. Another suggestion is that I think you should have something like the pokeathlon but you can play against other players. I recommend some sort of flying event that only certain pokemon can participate in. I hope you will be able to add these to PU. ;D

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions I Have
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:47:23 AM »
The problem with the flying thing is, it would be too hard to make the flying sprites for every Pokemon that can learn fly, and it wouldn't work because people could then fly to places they shouldn't be able to get to, and it would be too easy to travel around the region.
The thing with the Pokeathlon is that it would, again, take a long time to make the sprites and events. Probably in time there will be some sort of minigames or competitions like that.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:07 AM »
To sum that up, we.need.pixel.artists.
And with the flying thing, isn't fly for instant travel? It kinda defeats the purpose.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:17:50 AM »
No.

1 - Using fly is supposed to bring you from point A to point B instantly.
2 - There's a REASON you can only fly to towns, and only towns you've visited. You're not supposed to be able to specify. Then what would be the point of doing ANYTHING but flying? What would the point of impenetrable waist-high fences be if you could fly over them?
3 - lolstaffshortage

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 03:20:51 AM »
No.

1 - Using fly is supposed to bring you from point A to point B instantly.
2 - There's a REASON you can only fly to towns, and only towns you've visited. You're not supposed to be able to specify. Then what would be the point of doing ANYTHING but flying? What would the point of impenetrable waist-high fences be if you could fly over them?
3 - lolstaffshortage

Cause then you could be the very best, like no one ever was. Those zubats and rattatas can suck it i can fly over that patch of grass/cave hurr durr

To summarize:

Make fly bullcrap so it can do anything
Screw the blocks, just fly over it.
???
Profit!

Problem PU?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:24:02 AM by Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
Trolling much?

Flying itself is a controversial issue as to whether or not you'll be able to use this HM in-game.

As for the side-games, they are not on the priority list. First the main game and when it's done, more things will be implemented.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline mitchcon64

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Wassup Poke'Bros&Brahs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
Remember pokemon pearl and diamond when u could dig underground and dig up minerals and have a underground room for urself..well i was thinking u could do that in Pokemon Universe and maybe have a multiplayer game like capture the flag underground that would be cool  ;D
-Poke'MMORPG rocks!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »
Remember pokemon pearl and diamond when u could dig underground and dig up minerals and have a underground room for urself..well i was thinking u could do that in Pokemon Universe and maybe have a multiplayer game like capture the flag underground that would be cool  ;D

Sure would. But it's not main priority.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:41 AM »
Rattata?!

MAN MEAT <3

Offline mitchcon64

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:05:23 AM »
hey u guys should make a hold item that doubles your experience points in a battle maybe call it EXP booster or something like that and dont forget Amulet Coin that doubles the money paid in a battle that was in pokemon ruby
-Poke'MMORPG rocks!

Offline mitchcon64

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 03:07:13 AM »

then what's the main priority?
-Poke'MMORPG rocks!

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 03:42:10 AM »
Uh... catching and raising pokemon? PvP?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
hey u guys should make a hold item that doubles your experience points in a battle maybe call it EXP booster or something like that and dont forget Amulet Coin that doubles the money paid in a battle that was in pokemon ruby

Um... the Lucky Egg is there for Exp and Amulet coin will probably be available.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »

then what's the main priority?

The main priority would to have a world in which every part (catching, walking, etc.) is working
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"