Entertainment > Japanese Entertainment

The TRUTH about anime

(1/4) > >>

MacNutt:
I am only making a few pointers that applies to many and I mean MANY anime titles out there. (feel free to add)

All animes usually:

1. starts off with a character that does not know what is going on
2. has a character that knows almost everything
3. has a chick whether it be main character or random character that has abnormally large hooters
4. when says that the person is an average day high school student they NEVER are! >:(

As i said before, these are only few to the many points out there and I will will not love anime any other way... :D

Kuhns:

True on every account, however:

--- Quote ---1. starts off with a character that does not know what is going on
--- End quote ---

These are usually the main characters, or sub-main, simply for the reason that the viewer can relate to them. Also, when it becomes apparent that something needs to be explained, it is better to tell a character that doesn't know what's going on rather than one character telling another character what they should already know.

--- Quote ---2. has a character that knows almost everything
--- End quote ---

There at least needs to be one. After all, if a bunch of characters-that-don't-know-what's going on run around, it would make for a very confusing, not to mention boring, story. Info dump anyone?

--- Quote ---3. has a chick whether it be main character or random character that has abnormally large hooters
--- End quote ---

There are animes out there with all male casts--if you're in to that kinda thing. :|

The large hooters are a must though-err, without them, anime wouldn't have their pervert scenes and would lose a good 67% of their fan base.

--- Quote ---4. when says that the person is an average day high school student they NEVER are!
--- End quote ---

Again, we are tricked into thinking we can relate to them. Sometimes they are average kids...until crap starts to happen AKA the plot.

The only truth is that most anime is cardboard cutouts of the same crap. There are always going to be familiar roles, some are just done more tastefully than others. It's the same in every media outlet.

Dvys:
And what is your point?  ???

draft92:

--- Quote from: Dvys on April 14, 2010, 09:41:43 AM ---And what is your point?  ???

--- End quote ---

What I think MacNutt's reason to make this thread was that it was a few fun facts ^^

simple as that

Declan_23:
I don't actually normaly watch anime (leaving myself open to all kinds of abuse), but in the few episodes I have seen, huge weird coloured hair has been a recurring theme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version