* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone willing to help a fellow trainer with moveset help for my team?  (Read 14661 times)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
thanks Gammel you're such a big help, i was thinking about taking fearow off and switching it fro another poke but leafeon is a must stay for me as i simply love it too much. so basically switch fearow out for aerodactyl or swellow?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:53:58 pm by Amphy »
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Meduso

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Well in my team I run Reversal Lucario with:

Lucario @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4HP/252ATT/252SPD
Endure
Reversal
Swords Dance
Crunch

If the crunch isnt very effective and they're not hitting then it can be a bit cumbersome, but once it's swords danced and endured down to 1hp Reversal has a base power of 600 & the salac berry will make you faster than just about anything, the only snag is priority moves

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
That would be why you would want to, optimally, run Extreme Speed over Endure. You really don't need it. Though, Lucario does already have movepool-itis, you could also consider running Substitute over Swords Dance, or you could even run both. It would help with the priority issue, if you aren't running Extreme Speed.

It's just hard for Lucario to run the set with his paper-thin defenses; not that he can't run it insanely well, mind you. Immunity to Sandstorm is lovely there.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
would it be recommended to switch out Fearow for Aerodactyl or salamence or something, what do all of you think

Offline Meduso

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Raikt, would you then suggest a Focus Sash instead of Salac Berry, so it can get to max reversal power? I also have a Scizor with Baton Pass and Swords Dance, so could go with ExtremeSpeed over SD?

Back onto Amphy, Aerodactyl can do Fearow's job, better, and Stealth Rock is a big boost. Salamence is obviously very strong, though personally i avoid pseudo-legendaries and legendaries (the latter of which i've noticed you're not fond of). Aerodactyl would also give an ideal lead, which as previously mentioned you slightly lack.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Focus Sash isn't really needed; it's not that useful of an item mid-late game, as you would need to guarantee Stealth Rock or Spikes wasn't down in order to not ruin it. Lucario has nice resistances due to its typing, so that's one of the reasons it can switch in so easily.

If you have Swords Dance on Scizor and Baton Pass, you really shouldn't be running a Reversal set to begin with. Baton Pass chains and Reversal sets usually conflict in that, Reversalers never want to come out until very late in the match, while Baton Pass chains want to happen fast.

OT: Amphy, it would depend. Aerodactyl is more of a lead, but Salamence would really work. You could also use Dragonite, or the unpopular but still badass Flygon. Any of them can have a Choice Scarf / Band / Life Orb and turn into a nasty min-late game sweeper.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
ok im berween salamence and flygon then

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
I would personally go with Flygon.
I like the utility, and its not as common as Salamence is.
I would step as far away from the OU tier as I possibly could if I were you.
Originality FTW

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
ok thanks btw every pm you send me is blank gammel