* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Dragon Pokemon ..Need Help  (Read 38251 times)

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Dragon Pokemon ..Need Help
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:57:20 pm »
As of currently i have 4/6 pokemon inn my team && I would like a dragon type to be included for the 5th or even both spots left.. Im having a hard time choosing bewteen the following pokemon ...

Dragonite
Salamence
Altaria
Garchomp
Kingdra

Pls, list which one you think is better and if you can why you think so along with a moveset if that isn't asking to much.. Thnks in advance !  :)
Also, If you would like to include two of the pokemon I listed that is fine because I do have two spots left  8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:02:51 pm by babyHERO »
  by- marijan2

Offline marijan2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Pokemon ..Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:27:08 pm »
you have flygon too, don't forget about him. personally my favourite is dragonair, but if you want power before look i'd took salamence. he have STAB from dragon and flying moves and have really great att and sp.att, and don't forget speed :D

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:33:40 pm »
Yeah I didnt include Flygon because I thought overall he iss weak ::)
I was thinkinq Salamence as well ..just can't pick him over Dragonite or Garchomp ...If you could only choose two out of the five i listed which would you pick ?
  by- marijan2

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »
Flygon makes a nasty revenger with a Choice Scarf, so long as you play him right. His U-Turn is great for scouting as well. He's more of a utility revenger.

Salamence is one of the most powerful Dragons in the game, barring Garchomp and Ubers; I personally don't like him, but I will admit how powerful and dominating he is. His mixed set is particularly fearsome.

Dragonite is generally considered a poor mans Salamence, but he has three things Salamence does not; better defenses, Extreme Speed, and Superpower. I prefer him.

Kingdra is a scary stand alone sweeper. It has so many options. Dragon Dancing for the attack and speed increase. It can be used on rain teams, or by itself using Rain Dance in its own moveset. It can learn a wide variety of moves, and has two extremely powerful STAB's. Definitely my second favorite Dragon.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 09:56:01 pm »
yeah ..But, Flygon just doesn't appeal to me for sum odd reason..
Ok, so Im' down to these three Salamence,Dragonite, and Garchomp ...and still have absolutely no idea which one {or two} to put into my team ..this is causing more than a headache than I initially imagined... Oh the reason why I choose not to include Kingdra was because I basically have a water type which is my starter Swampert\ Empoleon ..sadly I can't choose between those two as well  :-[
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:58:54 pm by babyHERO »
  by- marijan2

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 04:06:20 am »
I think for starters you should choose Swampert over Empoleon because Empoleon sucks, terrible Moveset and stats.

Oh and as for a Dragon Type you should get Rayquaza

Oh and yo don't have any more Dragon Type choices that are not legendary, but why an all Drago Type team, I mean Dragon is my Favorite Type but, it will be hard to beat the game with all Dragon Types. Oh and what game? Are yo talking about PU.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:59:58 am »
i like dragonite but mainly cuz i like 1st gen the best
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:57:28 am »
You should use kingdra. It's only weakness is dragon, which can easily be taken care of with its own dragon STAB moves, it can also utilize dragon dance well to up it's waterfall and outrage, though it can also be a special sweeper with access to hydro pump and draco meteor, and with rain boosts and decent bulk, I would say kingdra is probably my preferred dragon out of the bunch.
I like slowpoke.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 02:58:17 pm »
Garchomp, Using Ground type moves can save you, Earthquake Style.

Then Stick a Charizard in the last spot, It can Use Dragon type moves without the Dragon/Ice weakness.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 09:52:50 pm »
Honestly, Kingdra is my favorite.

With one weakness, the sniper ability and a scope lens while EV trained for speed: devastating combo, he can easily take out the dragon users.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 12:57:56 am »
garchomp can destroy all that you battle
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »
The big problem is that like most dragon pokemon, it has a 4x damage when hit with ice. From the list, I'd say Kingdra is the better. With Swift Swim active, it can take down any other dragon pokemon quick with a strong ice move, or with sniper dealing 3x damage instead of 2x.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 07:37:55 pm »
uhh if u want a dragon and don't have a water then go with kingdra if u do have a water and its not lapras or a legendary or kingdra get rid of it...dragons suck dude don't get one thats my true oppinion
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:20 pm »
uhh if u want a dragon and don't have a water then go with kingdra if u do have a water and its not lapras or a legendary or kingdra get rid of it...dragons suck dude don't get one thats my true oppinion

Do you ever look at dates before you post?

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 02:10:21 am »
I still say that you go with flygon because he has great speed, sp. attack, and attack. My flygon knows draco meteor, dragon claw, earthquake, and heat wave. And the fact that it shouldnt really have a problem with ice types makes him awesomer. But if you dont want flygon, i would totally go with kingdra or salamence.