* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Official anime suggestion topic!  (Read 6227 times)

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Official anime suggestion topic!
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
Hi,

I know there is a topic about what your favorite anime/manga's are but I descided to make on where you can suggest animes to others and why!
I will edit the start post whenever new suggestions come in with a brief introduction to it (what the people say). So people can come here and pick an anime they could start to watch :)

suggestions:

Death Note: It has a thrilling story about a teenager finding a notebook that originally was property of the death-god Ryuk.
It doesn't take the teenager, Yagami Light, to long to find out that writing a persons name in the notebook, that person will die.
A cat and mouse game starts between Yagami Light (aka Kira) and L, destined to catch Kira for what he is doing.
Rating: :) :) :) :) :)

Rosario+Vampire: A young boy was sent to the wrong school. More particulary, a demon school. Vamires, werewolves, magicians, etc...
All in the form of humans. As he makes a new friend, Moka-San, a beautiful teenage vampire, he descides to stay and blend in, pretending he is a demon to.
This anime holds both romance and actions.
Rating: :) :) :)

Witchblade: A terrible dissaster was held on earth, no one in the area survived. Except for on adult woman and a baby,
they were found at the center of dissaster, called point zero.
6 years later, she finds out that she is holder of the witchblade, the strongest weapon on earth and only holdable by a woman the witchblade chooses.
It doesn't take long before a company takes notice of this and wants the woman to fight for the company to earn money,
so she can take care of her 6 year old daughter.
This anime is more story based than it holds action, tho the action scenes are quite good.
Rating: :) :) :) :)
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline Senriaa

• New Trainer
  • I do stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Musician, Voice Actor, All-Around Badass
Re: Official anime suggestion topic!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:58:02 AM »
Here's a Top 5 list.

Clannad: >9000 / 10
Tied for best anime ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hear all my cliches, but when it all comes down to it, Clannad's just got the best story you'll ever see. I really can't explain it... just watch. It's beautiful.

Elfen Lied: >9000 / 10
The other part of the tie. This is on a completely different level than Clannad, but hey, I like both levels. This anime is the bloodiest show you will ever see. Within the first 10 seconds there is both nudity and action, by which I mean a naked woman rips a dude's head off. If you're into psychotic thrillers, check this show out.

Strike Witches: 10/10
A good second place, I believe. This anime has even been approved by the government of Japan as a source of family entertainment. I call BS on that, because this show is about cute catgirls that use magic to fly around on jet-legs to blast alien war machines out of the sky. And they wear no pants. Yeah, it's just that good.

Utawarerumono: 9/10
Another action anime, but this time it's a bit different. It has a good amount of episodes--small enough to not bore you yet large enough to keep you satisfied. The story is well done and there is characterization throughout the whole series. Think of armies going at each other, with Heroes as the main focus. That's the idea of the show in a nutshell, but really you just need to watch it.

The Haruhi Suzumiya series: 8/10
The first season is incredible, and if you watch it in the correct order it may actually make sense! But nothing in Haruhi's world should make sense, so watch it in the broadcasted order. The second season is a bit infuriating, and you'll understand why I gave it a score of 8: Because 8 of the episodes of season 2 are the exact same episodes over and over again, but played out with different outfits, different camera angles, etc. It adds to the overall trippiness of the anime, but it just gets annoying after awhile.

Quote from: Pokémon Shoddy Battle
MasterYuke: wait I just thought of something--we have Toxic spikes, but not Flaming spikes or Paralysis spikes.
CRC: sleep spikes
MasterYuke: SLEEP SPIKES. Get this man a motherf@$#ing gold medal.
(MasterYuke is my Shoddy Battle name, let's battle sometime!)

Offline welshy120

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:57:20 AM »
I highly suggest the anime Cowboy bebop. Its about a group of bounty hunters stuggling to make a living. Lots of good action and it pretty funny. Great jazz and blues music. Definately my favourite anime of all time followed by code geass lolouch(cant remember how to spell it). i also suggest Death note if you havent already been suggested it! haha

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »
 The only anime I'm watching now is Soul Eater. I can't post what it's about right now, because I'm not supposed to be on the computer.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »
Official? Did you get permission from the authorities?

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »
Drama
Suzuka:  Yamato Akitsuki travels to Tokyo alone to study in one of the high schools located within the area. He lives in with his aunt who operates a public bath solely for the ladies in the local district and begins his normal high-school life. One day, he chances upon a girl in school and is immediately mesmerised by her beauty. He is shocked when he realise later that the girl, Suzuka, is actually living next door to him.
Rating: 5/5 (if you're into romantic series)

AIR: Yukito Kunisaki is on a journey, seeking a girl with wings who flies in the sky, as mentioned in a childhood tale. During this journey, he settles down in a small town, trying to make some money. There, he meets a strange girl named Misuzu. Misuzu quickly makes Yukito her friend and invites him to stay with her. Yukito decides to stay in the small town, and continue searching for the winged girl his mother had searched for in her life.
Rating: 4.5/5

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: At first, Takayuki Narumi is befriended by Mitsuki Hayase only because Mitsuki's best friend, Haruka Suzumiya has a crush on him; however since then, Takayuki, his pal Shinji Taira, and Mitsuki have grown to be the best of friends. Then one day, Haruka confesses to Takayuki her love for him. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, Takayuki agrees to go out with her. After a few incidents, their relationship gets intimate, even while Takayuki and Mitsuki begin to realize their feelings for each other. But suddenly, when tragedy strikes, things are never the same for these four friends again.
Rating: 4/5

Action/Adventure
Shakugan no Shana: Sakai Yuuji, a high school student who expected his normal life to last forever, is dead. When he was on his way home he witnessed a shocking view as the world suddenly froze: people were engulfed by blue flames and a monster resembling a large doll swallowed them. Just as the monster prepared to consume Yuuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair that burns like embers saved him from the monster. The girl called herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Guze no Tomogara", creatures from another world.
Rating: 4.5/5 (if you're into Tsundere, fantasy, drama, action)

Baccano: Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral farther and farther out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction mashed together for a world straight out of the movies.
Rating: 4.5/5 (adventure, action, dramedy)

Black Lagoon:  Okajima Rokuro is a Japanese businessman…in a town full of Japanese businessmen. His normal day consists of social drinking with clients and being kicked around by his bosses. He finally gets a break though, as he’s sent by his company to the tropical seas of Eastern China to deliver a disc…only his boat gets hijacked by a band of mercenaries that were hired to steal it. “Rock” (as he is newly dubbed by his captors) catches the interest of the only female merc “Revy” as she thinks he’s worth a ransom, taking him hostage. However, the disc turns out to be more trouble than its worth, and complicates things both for Rock, and the mercenaries known as Black Lagoon.
Rating: 5/5

Angel Beats: In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

Comedy
Ouran High School Host Club: Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth.
Rating: 5/5

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

Some runner ups:
Toradora!, Shuffle!, Strike Witches, To Aru series, Macademi Wasshoi, Twelve Kingdoms, Love Hina, Slayers, Rurouni Kenshin, Inukami!, and plenty others.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:43:36 PM by chocobo »

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
makai senkai disgaea is one of my favorites
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline sarafirestar

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:26 AM »
i would sugested Full Moon it is good and makes you wonder a lot. at leas it did for me
when i think livning as nothing. i think agen i can find others that can make livnig every thing. so from now on i am not taken life for granted and show who i realy am. that young girl with a big hart, that loves singing, drawing, and anime. i want the world to see my true self not that shy weird ident that cant stand on her own 2 feet. so keep on going  ,dont slow down  and fallow your drams where ever they go.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:38:21 AM »
Soul Eater
Shippuden
Bleach
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:46 AM »
Saiyuki Reload
xxxHolic
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles
Ruroni Kenshin
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »
I didn't post here? I'm appalled.

Angel Beats!
Toradora!
Full Metal Panic!
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Darker than Black
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Eureka 7
Baccano!
Toaru Majutsu No Index/Toaru Kagaku No Railgun
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 02:52:08 AM »
I forgot to add-

Trinity Blood
Blood Plus
Full Metal Alchemist (Yes, Silver.)
Inuyasha
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 02:56:52 AM »
I forgot to add-

Trinity Blood
Blood Plus
Full Metal Alchemist (Yes, Silver.)
Inuyasha

I don't see a "Brotherhood" after your Fullmetal alchemist.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 03:09:22 AM »
They are both the same series, just different parts of it.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 03:24:36 AM »
They are both the same series, just different parts of it.

The orginal series aired before the manga was finished, causeing them to have to make their own ending.

Brotherhood is what one could say "Actually Happened"

Though the first 13 episodes are a recap of the orginal series, as thats about as far as the orginal got in the actual storyline before the started to get off track.

So no, its not the same series, one was made up, the other was using a the manga as the story.