* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Deathnote  (Read 18350 times)

Offline srslytho

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Deathnote
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
Now, everyone who has any kind of imagination loves Deathnote, of course. Enlighten me, who is your favorite character and why? My sister and I have an ongoing debate that Light and Kira are two split personalities, and that they are separate from each other. Opinions?

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
Re: Deathnote
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »
i personally love L and think that the whole series was ruined when L was killed off and replaced by Near, although Mello was pretty cool
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
i personally love L and think that the whole series was ruined when L was killed off and replaced by Near, although Mello was pretty cool

Its Light's fault, He made ? Write L's Name In his Death Note. Im not sure about what happened to ?, He dissolved, and hes a Death God like Ryuk, Right?

Ryuk IS the only reason this series got anywhere.

( ? = another Death God  with a Death Note.  Cant remember his name.)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline srslytho

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »
Ryuk is pretty awesome, I have to say. You are right though. L is probably my favorite character. The fact is, Near didn't stand a chance unless he had Mello to compliment his weaknesses.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:19:37 PM »

Its Light's fault, He made ? Write L's Name In his Death Note. Im not sure about what happened to ?, He dissolved, and hes a Death God like Ryuk, Right?

<<<<*****(? = another Death God with a Death Note. Cant remember his name.)*****>>>>

Can anyone fill the in the Blanks (?s) I left?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »

<<<<*****(? = another Death God with a Death Note. Cant remember his name.)*****>>>>

*cough* Rem *cough* *cough*
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 03:19:09 AM »

*cough* Rem *cough* *cough*

Thanks for the subtle hint.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 01:55:08 AM »
whole series was still ruined for me i felt like near being the victor in the end wasn't right especially since he also was said to be smarter than L for completing his task, which was flat out wrong mostly because every thing that near had done, was already set up by L in the first place, everything Mello did was figured out more so by himself therefore i would have preferred an ending were mello was the victor and not near, my most preferred type of ending would have been all three, L, Mello, and unfortunatly Near at the end all pointing some sort of gun at Light once they trapped him, L pointing his finger like a gun, Mello holding a real gun, and Near with his dumb squirt gun

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »
My favorite mangas are Naruto and Ruroni Kenshin.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
My favorite mangas are Naruto and Ruroni Kenshin.

Wrong thread?

Anyway, the Deathnote anime went downhill fairly fast after curiosity got the best of me. I skipped to the last episode (in japanese) after only seeing almost 20 episodes in english.

I did manage to see the last episode in english and to be honest, the japanese acting, timing, and editing, is far superior.

If you ever get a chance to see the japanese ending v. english ending... you'll get what I mean.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 02:42:48 AM »
its because when anime are dubbed to English they basically overhaul everything and Americanize it making it so its not as "inappropriate" for younger audiences

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 02:46:37 AM »
Saw Ep. 37, Near is Really creepy. Of course Ryuk kept his Promise...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:48:42 AM »
the whole series should of continued at least i think it could have, it wouldn't have been very hard.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 03:53:38 AM »

Not sure if you've read the manga (post L), but i can assure you that the best thing the Mangaka did was end it.

Deathnote easily turned from suspenseful and action packed to talkative and never-ending after a while.

The anime left a ton of things conversations out only to not bore the crap out of those that werent already bored to death.

Offline aqua999amazing

• Beginning Trainer
  • Death the Kid is soooooo amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 02:08:47 AM »
uh! i hate light! he killed L, Mello, Matt, and he almost killed Nate!

you know you love it ^_^