* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokemon Coma Conspiracy  (Read 8319 times)

Offline obi

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pffzt, Bleah, Mmmm!
    • View Profile
Pokemon Coma Conspiracy
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »
I don't know if this has been posted here already or not, but I just came across it today and decided it had to be shared here. It basically states that Ash, after being struck by lightning in one of the earlier episodes (although it doesn't state which), has fallen into a coma, and that all the events that transpire from beyond that point exist only in his subconscious. It's actually a well thought out and deep theory. Read it if you have the time.

http://cartoonoveranalyzations.com/2009/04/09/pokemon-explained/

Note: This is not the site where the article originally appeared. To be honest, I'm not sure where it originally appeared, as it's apparently been floating around the web for about a year. However, this was the only version I could find that had all the grammatical errors from the original corrected.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

You've only got one mind. Lose it wisely.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Coma Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:24:15 pm »
I just finished it. It was depressing but it was worth being depressed because It was so good. I never thought about it but that is a possibility. I wish they made it real but kinda made it less depressing but we all know they can't do that because "its a kids show" and Nintendo because "people will be sad and they will stop playing the games". I thought it was the whole page I was kinda sad though when I figured out it wasn't I wanted it to be longer because I really liked it. I was litterally shaking when I read the last part. I loved it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:35:50 pm by LucarioX »
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:30:45 am »
that made me feel sad, god lets hope that the writers don't pull something like that
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline obi

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pffzt, Bleah, Mmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:52:24 am »
that made me feel sad, god lets hope that the writers don't pull something like that

I seriously doubt they will, as it's a show geared towards children, and therefore most likely meant to be taken at face value. However, if they did actually end the show that way I'd have a new level of respect for the show.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

You've only got one mind. Lose it wisely.

Offline ifearless

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:11 am »
wow that was wierd and sad

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 03:41:50 am »
Wow, that was......deep.

Wasn't expecting it to be either. A lot of it made since, since I'm actually studying Philosophy and how the mind works; I can see how man of the elements, like the father figure he wants to deny because it's oppressive, and his need to keep having a challenge because without it his existence warps into one without meaning.
But...... it really seems to just be a way for US to cope with how much things have changed over the past decade. The article does a good job of explaining why everything went to hell in that show as time went on; just blame it on a coma the main character is in.

I'm one of the guys that grew up with the anime, was there from about the third episode, and was pretty loyal to the show for years. I've got an extremely soft spot for it, just because it was a huge part of childhood for me. The article is a nice way to explain everything away, but I'll just have to accept the truth that it just sucks now. :(

But yeah, great find. Just wish I knew the guy who wrote all of that and made it actually believable.

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:31 am »
That was different and interesting, made feel sad right about the end  :-\
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:10:11 am »
Ah yes. I found this a while ago. Quite a theory and it gives a well rounded justification to why the show sucked more and more as time went on.

I honestly really liked it and have now convinced everyone around me that this is what actually happens but it was censored in the english version.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:36:47 pm »
the more I read, the more I knew that there is no possible way this person knows what they are talking about. However they do have a lot of time on their hands and probably spent many hours making this up.

I did not like this theory. I actually feel dumber for have spending so much time just to read that. I can not believe any body would actually believe that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:03:29 pm by neokills »
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline pacjap432

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:44 pm »
I don`t get that at all
The terrifying transformation...

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 03:46:05 am »
I don`t get that at all
I'll try to sum it up in as few words as possible..
Ash was struck by lightning while riding his bike, and is now in a deep coma. If he wakes up he will have serious brain damage, but if he doesn't he will die. Part of his brain wants him to stay in the coma, while the other part doesn't. The part that wants him to stay made this entire world for Ash to be the best in. This world will keep him in his coma, however, the other part of the brain is trying to wake him up. That part comes up with things that will make Ash realize he is in a coma, so that he will wake up. The people in Ash's mind world represent certain things about him. I won't go in depth at all, if you really want to know you can re-read it. The Pokemon are getting more and more ridiculous as Ash slips deeper and deeper, forgetting more about the animals he has known, and knowing more about Pokemon. He releases his Pokemon each time his journey begins again so that he will have a brand new challenge to face and dominate. Eventually, Ash beats the Elite Four. His mom, however, has run out of health care. She takes a huge risk taking Ash off life support, hoping the shock will wake him up. He awakens only for a few seconds to say, "I wanna be the very best." Ash then slips away, his whole life only a dream.

:'(

Very sad..

Offline Sammy-Jack

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:13 pm »
Ah yes. I found this a while ago. Quite a theory and it gives a well rounded justification to why the show sucked more and more as time went on.

I honestly really liked it and have now convinced everyone around me that this is what actually happens but it was censored in the english version.
I have a broken leg and am stuck in a hospital till July 2!  At least i have a laptop.

Offline 175r

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 08:45:31 am »
There were some parts that blew my mind, and others that made me come back to my senses and realize that this could never really happen........Its a kid show they cant do that...

I liked it though