* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Screw you red gyarados  (Read 7990 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Screw you red gyarados
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
The odds of getting a shiny through breeding, if you use two Pokemon from the same game, are exactly the same as trying to catch the Pokemon. It's only considered easier because of the speed at which you can breed and hatch eggs. (If it being shiny is the only thing you are looking for.)

However, if you breed a Pokemon from your game with a Pokemon acquired from a different country that speaks another language. (Breeding an American Eevee with a Japanese Ditto), then your chances of haching a shiny are increased to 1/2048. This is referred to as the Masuda Method.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

Wow, so there are some tweaks about it... it's nice to know though... cause I've got Japanese HG/SS ;D

(not that I'll now be doing thousands of eggs just to obtain a shiny... it's just a loss of precious training time, for the time being that is)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »
The highest chances of Shinies via Breeding, are 1/64.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »

Now you got me curious...

how? :-[
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

Now you got me curious...

how? :-[
Everything has to be perfect, Using Masuda's Method, And having all the right conditions.

On Raikt's link, at the bottom, theres an Article on Shines in staggering detail.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
Umm... I'll look at this 'xor' thingy later on... and I don't even know how to view the secret ID, if that is possible. I guess I'll see this some other time...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:51 PM »
XOR!!!!!!! idk what it means,

No you can't see it, hence its name: SecretID.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:49 AM »
There are only two ways to see your secret ID: either via using an external device (Gameshark, Action Replay), or by using a long and complicated math formula.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id

If you follow that guide, you can figure out your secret ID. However, most find it not worth the effort. I found it fun to figure out mine.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 04:58:20 AM »
Uh... 'scuse me for sounding newfag-ish, but what is a secret ID used for?

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
The odds of getting a shiny through breeding, if you use two Pokemon from the same game, are exactly the same as trying to catch the Pokemon. It's only considered easier because of the speed at which you can breed and hatch eggs. (If it being shiny is the only thing you are looking for.)

However, if you breed a Pokemon from your game with a Pokemon acquired from a different country that speaks another language. (Breeding an American Eevee with a Japanese Ditto), then your chances of haching a shiny are increased to 1/2048. This is referred to as the Masuda Method.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

Wow, so there are some tweaks about it... it's nice to know though... cause I've got Japanese HG/SS ;D

(not that I'll now be doing thousands of eggs just to obtain a shiny... it's just a loss of precious training time, for the time being that is)

In raikts link go to the link at the bottom, 'shinies' Start reading.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »
To sum it up succinctly, without going into too much detail: your secret ID is used to abuse the RNG. (Random Number Generator) present in the Pokemon games. Using your secret ID, and a program you can get on your computer, it's possible to guarantee the IV's, shininess, and other attributes of a wild (or egg) Pokemon before you encounter it.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**