* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The ultimate battle  (Read 24649 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
The ultimate battle
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
This is a hypothetical battle against a strong ghost type trainor. So far you have taken out all but two of their pokemon in a tag battle,Sableye and Shedinja, and they have Sableye use skill swap on Shedinja. You take out Shedinja, but Sableye, who now has wonder guard, is left, and all you have is your last, ready to battle, full PP, pokemon. Who is your pokemon, and how would you beat Sableye? Remember, the trainor has a lot of max elixers, so waiting for struggle is not an option. Good luck.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate battle
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
Bring out a Machamp.
Use foresight, then use close combat.
You will probably one shot the Sableye, and if you don't, then just use the combination again and it should do it. I believe that is the only way.

Offline JohnnyXtreme

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:48:55 AM »
Bring out a Kangaskhan with Scrappy and use Brick Break.
"Living is easy with eyes closed"

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »
Xatu, Use Skill Swap on Sableye, Then Spam Brave Bird and Hyper Potions.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:06:37 AM »
Jirachi uses Nasty Plot and then Doom Desire, and follows it up with a future sight. Problem Solved.

Toxic Vaporeon is another possibility. But thats not as fun.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Jirachi uses Nasty Plot and then Doom Desire, and follows it up with a future sight. Problem Solved.

Future Sight and Doom Desire cannot stack. Otherwise, that would work.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

Oh yeah forgot about that. Well an attack with a base of 120 plus Nasty Plot against a pokemon who has only average special defense would probably be taken out anyway
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
Bring out a Magikarp and use Spla-
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:38:43 PM »
 It has wonder guard, remember? Only super-effective attacks work on it. I would use a pokemon with confuse ray, toxic, protect, and a healing move of some sort. That's all I can think of.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:09:34 AM »
It has wonder guard, remember? Only super-effective attacks work on it. I would use a pokemon with confuse ray, toxic, protect, and a healing move of some sort. That's all I can think of.

You need to learn your moves and abilities before you say what will work and what won't.

Wonder Guard does not block Struggle from hitting, nor does it block moves whose types do not come into play for damage calculation, such as Beat Up, Future Sight and Doom Desire. Fire Fang will also hit even if it is not super-effective. Wonder Guard may not be Skill Swapped or copied with Role Play, but it may be Traced. Spikes and Stealth Rock may also damage a Pokémon with Wonder Guard.

I was going with it even though I knew Wonder Guard could not be skill swapped.
I believe you commented on something I said about Halo reach that had no backing to it as well.

So, for the second time:
Know what you are talking about before you try to sound smart

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »

You need to learn your moves and abilities before you say what will work and what won't.

Wonder Guard does not block Struggle from hitting, nor does it block moves whose types do not come into play for damage calculation, such as Beat Up, Future Sight and Doom Desire. Fire Fang will also hit even if it is not super-effective. Wonder Guard may not be Skill Swapped or copied with Role Play, but it may be Traced. Spikes and Stealth Rock may also damage a Pokémon with Wonder Guard.

I believe you commented on something I said about Halo reach that had no backing to it as well.

So, for the second time:

same to you....

Oh yeah forgot about that. Well an attack with a base of 120 plus Nasty Plot against a pokemon who has only average special defense would probably be taken out anyway

No offense.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 04:03:53 AM »

So, for the second time:

same to you....

No offense.

Yeah i see that now.
Oh well Im in a bad mood today, so I'm commenting before I tihnk.
But other comments like trainerx's arent helping my already short patience.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:51:06 AM by Silver »

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 02:05:54 PM »
In the Off-Topic board, Go to Mr_Dark's Thread: "How to Relax"....

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »
Kthnks

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
There are many other possibilities...

Have a pokemon with Worry Seed or Gastro Acid for example, and Sableye should go down sooner or later.

I can take for example Torterra, used Worry Seed, then Leech Seed then Earthquake.
I can take Shiftry, Worry Seed, Sythesis when required and Nasty Plot/Leaf Storm combo.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...