* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Sequences  (Read 4286 times)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Sequences
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »
OK, so this isn't my best idea. But I thought of bring a more realistic feel into Pokemon-Universe. (Not as far as Apokelepse goes or whatever it's called) Anyway, just like maybe is a certain battle (Maybe Elite Four or a Gym Leader) you get injured and you have to go to a Hospital or Pokemon Center or something. Anyway and maybe wild Pokemon attack you at certain parts of the game. Also maybe when your Pokemon don't like you, when you talk to them it says something like "Lucario steps away from you" and if they like you maybe "Lucario began to trust you after that battle" anyway just wanted to throw that out there, maybe someone (JERRY/FRY/KAI) can add on.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Sequences
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 01:05:49 AM »
Quote from: LucarioX
Anyway, just like maybe is a certain battle (Maybe Elite Four or a Gym Leader) you get injured and you have to go to a Hospital or Pokemon Center or something. Anyway and maybe wild Pokemon attack you at certain parts of the game.
Elaborate: How would this work?

Quote from:
Also maybe when your Pokemon don't like you, when you talk to them it says something like "Lucario steps away from you" and if they like you maybe "Lucario began to trust you after that battle"

Again, Elaborate: Trust ^v How?...
Also, If You beat an E4 member, could you guys do a short animation, like the Members last pokemon being returned?

Yes, It could take time, but....Its only 5 times it would have to be done. (E4 + Champ)

I think it would be a nice touch, considering it hasn't been done, (i.e. Unique) and it would emphasise the Pokemon leagues importance.

Y/N? Why so?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:00 AM »
OK, for the first thing lets say you are fighting one of the Brutal Five (What I mean to say) and their Pokemon uses a certain attack, this attack triggers something (Like when a trainers Pokemon gets low on health and they have no more they say something like "This isn't over!") and it shows an animation of the move being used (Maybe the team could decide their favorite move and use that.) And the Brutal Five person takes you to a hospital, but when you recover you start fighting (And maybe they give you an Egg as an apology or something)

As for the secnd part, by trust I mean maybe when you've had it for a certain period (Isn't their a point where it starts lieking you?)

Also on what you said about Brutal Five members animated. Maybe you could do this with Gym Leaders/Rival also (Showing their importance) Maybe when they lose it shows their Pokemon Pass out, or your last attack, or them hitting their fists on the ground in anger etc. but switch it up. I don't want me to beat an Brutal Five Member and their Pokemon faint then when I beat another one the exact same thing happen.

Thanks for the ideas though!

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:10:30 AM »
I've been invited to add on? How lovely!
OK, for the first thing lets say you are fighting one of the Brutal Five (What I mean to say) and their Pokemon uses a certain attack, this attack triggers something (Like when a trainers Pokemon gets low on health and they have no more they say something like "This isn't over!") and it shows an animation of the move being used (Maybe the team could decide their favorite move and use that.) And the Brutal Five person takes you to a hospital, but when you recover you start fighting (And maybe they give you an Egg as an apology or something)

As for the secnd part, by trust I mean maybe when you've had it for a certain period (Isn't their a point where it starts lieking you?)

Also on what you said about Brutal Five members animated. Maybe you could do this with Gym Leaders/Rival also (Showing their importance) Maybe when they lose it shows their Pokemon Pass out, or your last attack, or them hitting their fists on the ground in anger etc. but switch it up. I don't want me to beat an Brutal Five Member and their Pokemon faint then when I beat another one the exact same thing happen.

Thanks for the ideas though!
Alright, well, I think that the 'attack animation' might work, even without making 400+ animations, if it were limited to strictly starter pokemon having the animation.

I don't like the idea of the Brutal five guy taking you to the hospital, really. Maybe they would have the chance of the trainer getting injured in the fight, and if you do, your sprite gets slapped with a new stand-mode, where it's got one eye shut and it's grabbing its arm. And then, after you get healed, you unlock that injury stance as an emote or something.

As far as the pokemon backing away if it doesn't trust you... When would you, exactly, be chatting with your pokemon during the game?

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:18:43 AM »
IDK, in Beta they're were Sprites walking with you, I figured you could talk to them... probably un-smart on my part...

Either way, I like the Sprite Idea better (It changes when you get hurt)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
Hm... your first post contained too many 'maybe' that I started to get confused, lol.

Okay, on a more serious note, I don't quite understand the animation with the sprites. You mean before and after the match like a cut off scene before the battle and after the battle?

Or animation with the sprite of the opponent and yours in the battle screen, a little like in DPPt and HGSS? (ie win > one animation, lose > another animation, one pokemon left > another animation, etc)

I don't quite like the injury part though.

Last, about pokemon interaction, you mean a little like in HGSS, where you could 'talk' to your pokemon (or in DPPt Hearthome (sp?) Park) ?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Haha, yeah kinda a habit I have.

I just meant after the match, both might be to hard, but if thats what the PU Team wants to do, that works to.

And about the Pokemon Interaction, that is what I meant.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
I'm confused as to why you're hurt?
Does the pokemon's attack hit you instead? :S

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
I'm confused as to why you're hurt?
Does the pokemon's attack hit you instead? :S
Yourmom used HYPER BEAM!
Yourmom's attack missed!
HYPER BEAM kept going and hit Declan_23!

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
Pokémon are the ones who fight, not humans, and according to the originals they won't hurt us. I call animal cruelty.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 03:02:35 PM »
That doesn't mean they're incapable of causing injury. Remember episode 1 of the anime? And Charizard? They pwned Ash eccessively on a daily basis.

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 03:18:15 PM »
yea.. As children, we're told not to talk to strangers and to stay away from strange animals. In the world of Pokemon, not only are children encouraged to explore strange and new places, but in order to catch Pokemon, one has to venture into the tall grass in hopes of encountering the one you're looking for.
While Pokemon aren't supposed to attack humans, since when can one trust an animal to abide by human rules, right?
Are we to expect that Pokemon are submissive to humans? Sure, maybe you could smack around a unruly Caterpie or drop-kick a sassy Bulbasaur, and have them respect you through fear, but try and disrespect a massive Pokemon like Gyrados, Kyogre, or Steelix
There's gotta be at least one redneck Pokemon resident who thinks that it might be okay to hunt and kill one of "them Pokeymans" in which case, I expect the Pokemon to fight back.
Even if Pokemon aren't hunted for sport, some aspiring sea food chef out there must've thought at some point about how delicious of a meal some steamed Krabby would make, or maybe even a filleted and pan-seared Magikarp, with a side of Finneon.
Animals are dangerous until they're properly trained, and even when they're well-trained there's still a chance of getting mauled one day. Just ask Roy Horn from Siegfried and Roy about that.

lol :) just a thought

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
yea.. As children, we're told not to talk to strangers and to stay away from strange animals. In the world of Pokemon, not only are children encouraged to explore strange and new places, but in order to catch Pokemon, one has to venture into the tall grass in hopes of encountering the one you're looking for.
While Pokemon aren't supposed to attack humans, since when can one trust an animal to abide by human rules, right?
Are we to expect that Pokemon are submissive to humans? Sure, maybe you could smack around a unruly Caterpie or drop-kick a sassy Bulbasaur, and have them respect you through fear, but try and disrespect a massive Pokemon like Gyrados, Kyogre, or Steelix
There's gotta be at least one redneck Pokemon resident who thinks that it might be okay to hunt and kill one of "them Pokeymans" in which case, I expect the Pokemon to fight back.
Even if Pokemon aren't hunted for sport, some aspiring sea food chef out there must've thought at some point about how delicious of a meal some steamed Krabby would make, or maybe even a filleted and pan-seared Magikarp, with a side of Finneon.
Animals are dangerous until they're properly trained, and even when they're well-trained there's still a chance of getting mauled one day. Just ask Roy Horn from Siegfried and Roy about that.

lol :) just a thought

Attacking Example: Episode 1: I choose you!.

Killing Example: Check the Library in DPPt, look at the books
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.