* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Status = Respect, Don't Abuse it.  (Read 10371 times)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Status = Respect, Don't Abuse it.
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »
This message is directed mainly toward Level5Pidgey and Stephenkill2, but this is also for the rest of the PU Team.

Due to the Pokemon Ghost ShipRP incident, I feel compelled to say this.

I am not saying this as an RP Mod, but as a Regular User.
Yes, you are a Higher position than us, but dont get a snobby, "Im always right" attitude. Its rude, disrespectful, and I honestly think thats just not right.

This may sound like I'm attacking the team, but trust me, Im not.
All Im really saying is, Act your age, If you made it on the team, thats great, but don't get caught up.

The PU team are like our Role-models, they are supposed to be in a clean character.
You have a high status, don't let it go to your head
When one or more of you acts like a little kid, we lose faith in you, we stop trusting you.

Grow up, act like a mature, responsible adult, even if you are not.

We have feelings, because we are human, keep that in mind.

That's all, I just want to make that known. I want Everyone, regardless of Status to get along, and be better people.

Thank you for listening,

-Leo's Light.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:11:38 PM by Unbreakable »
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Status = Respect, Don't Abuse it.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »
This message is directed mainly toward Level5Pidgey and Stephenkill2, but this is also for the rest of the PU Team.

Due to the Pokemon Ghost ShipRP incident, I feel compelled to say this.

I am not saying this as an RP Mod, but as a Regular User.
Yes, you are a Higher position than us, but dont get a snobby, "Im always right" attitude. Its rude, disrespectful, and I honestly think thats just not right.

This may sound like I'm attacking the team, but trust me, Im not.
All Im really saying is, Act your age, If you made it on the team, thats great, but don't get caught up.

The PU team are like our Role-models, they are supposed to be in a clean character.
You have a high status, don't let it go to your head
When one or more of you acts like a little kid, we lose faith in you, we stop trusting you.

Grow up, act like a mature, responsible adult, even if you are not.

We have feelings, because we are human, keep that in mind.

That's all, I just want to make that known. I want Everyone, regardless of Status to get along, and be better people.

Thank you for listening,

-Leo's Light.....

But, you're the one acting snobby? I don't understand? Also, you kept shouting  "I have more power than you guys."

hrmmm...This post is an oxymoron really.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
I cant comment on the RP thing but i have seen some of the team act snobby to others.
(won't point fingers)
But can't blame them really...we are humans therefor when we have power...we abuse it.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
I cant comment on the RP thing but i have seen some of the team act snobby to others.
(won't point fingers)
But can't blame them really...we are humans therefor when we have power...we abuse it.

Give clear examples please, the team is usually friendly unless people ask questions which they shouldn't be or fail to use the search.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
Nah, sorry but i won't be the snitch. I have been on this site for a long time now, i don't post much but i do browse and read posts, and since i don't post much i didn't make my account till this past June or July..i don't remember which. But yeah sorry i won't be giving any examples...I'm sure the team sees it when it happens. And your right most of you guys are indeed great! Very friendly and I love our community.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
(won't point fingers)
In this case it's better to point fingers than to speak of the whole team.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »
(won't point fingers)
In this case it's better to point fingers than to speak of the whole team.

Your right. But I won't.
Damage Calculator

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »
hah, in all honesty ive been attacked by certain someones on the forum when i first started on it, but now im cool with most of the people :) lol

just dont take anything personally, you are old and mature, u can easily laugh it off right :)

the PU gang are a great friendly bunch i assure you !!  :)

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Well I have been here on this site since March and I have yet to see any of the PU team act snobby to others or abuse their power on the forums. (excluding on Carbon's case) On IRC, I don't really know since I really don't go there that much....but though the team is usually friendly so I doubt they would act snobby over there.

anyway I think this topic is mainly on the Pokemon Ghost ShipRP incident so I'm just going to let Stephenkill2 and Level5Pidgey take care of it since this is obviously towards them (even though they really didn't act snobby or abuse their power!!) and not really towards the rest of PU team.
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »
Well I have been here on this site since March and I have yet to see any of the PU team act snobby to others or abuse their power on the forums. (excluding on Carbon's case) On IRC, I don't really know since I really don't go there that much....but though the team is usually friendly so I doubt they would act snobby over there.

anyway I think this topic is mainly on the Pokemon Ghost ShipRP incident so I'm just going to let Stephenkill2 and Level5Pidgey take care of it since this is obviously towards them (even though they really didn't act snobby or abuse their power!!) and not really towards the rest of PU team.

Thank you for understanding, youhearthat, as you can see, even others can see that we were merely questioning what was wrong, and you took offense and offered us ample amounts of attitude unbreakable. We didn't wish to fight, we simply wanted to continue on with our RP. Yes, it was an RP, as we roleplayed murderers. It wasn't a normal cookie-cutter story, but it was enticing , and probably would have even enticed other forum members. It's just wrong that we did not receive a valid explanation of why it was moved. Also, I feel that your own biased opinion towards it counted towards the removal, I just want a valid, truth filled explanation.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
Didn't Amphy and Chibi make specific rule against murder roleplaying or something like that?

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »

I already apologized to L5P about my rude, harsh action. I was wrong, yet not entirely, an RP has several people, yet each plays a role, every time its the same role, but nevermind that.

I found the PokeShip thread got locked, I thought, "This wasn't what I wanted...." I did not want to remove it, but It got locked, dont ask me how.

Anyway Stephenkill, Sorry, the whole thing got WAY out of hand. Things happen.

Didn't Amphy and Chibi make specific rule against murder roleplaying or something like that?

Murder IS allowed, I had even posted a disclaimer, stating that if you decided to play in that RP, you give permission to allow death of a character.

I have an Idea for a New RP, but I cant post it, (Due to a restriction on RP Mods) would someone like to host it?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
Yeah I'll give it a go, what's your idea?

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:25 AM »
I do believe there may have been once or twice that I did act rude, and I apologize for it, however, I would appreciate being told when someone thinks I am being rude to them; if you tell me you think I am being a jerk, I will apologize and try to stop.

Normally however, it is better to take what I have said as a joke; I know that is sometimes hard to tell over the Internet, but I really don't mean any harm.

But if people post questions about asking stuff like where they can download, I can't help but be a little annoyed. There is a button that says 'download', someone wanting to download would obviously click there, and see that there is no download button, and hopefully notice the text explicitly saying that you cannot. In these instances, I tease when I write my response, I am annoyed sure, but not trying to attack the individual.

Still, if you think I have been too rude in my approach, please tell me.
You're not helping me by not telling me what I did wrong.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »
I do believe there may have been once or twice that I did act rude, and I apologize for it, however, I would appreciate being told when someone thinks I am being rude to them; if you tell me you think I am being a jerk, I will apologize and try to stop.

Normally however, it is better to take what I have said as a joke; I know that is sometimes hard to tell over the Internet, but I really don't mean any harm.

But if people post questions about asking stuff like where they can download, I can't help but be a little annoyed. There is a button that says 'download', someone wanting to download would obviously click there, and see that there is no download button, and hopefully notice the text explicitly saying that you cannot. In these instances, I tease when I write my response, I am annoyed sure, but not trying to attack the individual.

Still, if you think I have been too rude in my approach, please tell me.
You're not helping me by not telling me what I did wrong.

Seconded.