* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: guild problem:different servers (example: Elemental Elites)  (Read 9033 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: guild problem:different servers (example: Elemental Elites)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing with a bit of lag, but what i don't get is will we be able to take our pokemon with us from server to server?

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing with a bit of lag, but what i don't get is will we be able to take our pokemon with us from server to server?
Do you mean switch between servers?

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
Yeah like one day you are playing in server 1, the next day it is full and you have to play in server 2

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 09:48:48 PM »
 That would be cool if you could do that, then you can play the game with any friends you have from different countries. And for the Elemental Elites, we could find a country with a server that has the least amount of lag for everyone, and we could have an international tournament. Will we be able to play on different servers like that though?

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
I personally think there should only be one server. Im an American and im willing to accept the lag
that would come with playing on a European server....

One server is not going to handle all the players. 1 server can handle about 1000 people (I hope more, tho). At the moment we have around 22.000 registered members of which maybe 50% (if we're lucky) will actively play.

Sure YOU would be willing to accept the lag but what about the other players? PU will try to host servers in areas where there are a lot players, so they can have the best gameplay and ping. Also, we spent a lot of time optimizing the connection stability so even walking is smooth if you're from Europe playing on a US server and vice versa.

Wow, 22,000 people, I didnt know that. Dang thats more than i thot. Well im glad to hear about all the connection optimizations then.

Each server will be different from the other and you cant have your character and pokemon on the both server, its either one or the other.

Is this true?

Yes it is

That would be cool if you could do that, then you can play the game with any friends you have from different countries. And for the Elemental Elites, we could find a country with a server that has the least amount of lag for everyone, and we could have an international tournament. Will we be able to play on different servers like that though?

No you wont. Like i said, and like Mr. Dark will say if you dont believe me,  its one or the other.

Have yall never played another MMO before? It's just the same as all those
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:56:41 PM by Viper »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »
That sucks! so what you are saying is that you will need to have a team for every server?

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
That sucks! so what you are saying is that you will need to have a team for every server?

What im saying is pick the server in what country you live in and dont touch the other one. That's how everyone else is going to do it

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
O.K. cool. works for me.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 10:07:25 PM »
I personally think there should only be one server. Im an American and im willing to accept the lag
that would come with playing on a European server....

One server is not going to handle all the players. 1 server can handle about 1000 people (I hope more, tho). At the moment we have around 22.000 registered members of which maybe 50% (if we're lucky) will actively play.

Sure YOU would be willing to accept the lag but what about the other players? PU will try to host servers in areas where there are a lot players, so they can have the best gameplay and ping. Also, we spent a lot of time optimizing the connection stability so even walking is smooth if you're from Europe playing on a US server and vice versa.

Wow, 22,000 people, I didnt know that. Dang thats more than i thot. Well im glad to hear about all the connection optimizations then.

Each server will be different from the other and you cant have your character and pokemon on the both server, its either one or the other.

Is this true?

Yes it is

No you wont. Like i said, and like Mr. Dark will say if you dont believe me,  its one or the other.

Have yall never played another MMO before? It's just the same as all those
No, I haven't played another MMO before. Well, I have actually, but it was just text, no images.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
One server being full...
Well, it might be possible to have it set up like Dragonica did. There were two servers, and each server had 6-7 channels, which helped reduce the crowding-lag, and (I...think..?) give each server a greater capacity. They might've just had really good servers, though...