* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Double Whammy  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
Re: Double Whammy
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 05:12:16 am »
Quite a sexy job, either way.
Why thank you! And I see what you mean about the shading...I didn't want to add to much detail since it is a Pokemon game and the buildings generally have simple colors, but from now on I'll shade more. Other than that do you think there is a chance I could join the team as a Pixel Artist?

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 05:55:57 am »
here is an example of something i made if you save it then zoom in really close to anywhere that looks like a solid color(aside from windows) you'll see texture of sorts.

Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 06:06:36 am »
Oh! I understand what you mean now. You want me to basically make a gradient. When you said texture I wasn't entirely sure what you wanted me to add, but now I see. I also now know that you're going for a more realistic look than the original Pokemon games. I shall begin working on another building immediately. This time including: texture, originality, and realism. Any ideas what the theme should be? I was thinking maybe have a dark/evil theme using a lot of dark blues, purples and black as well as a lot of sharp edges.

Changed my mind. Instead of going with an evil building I decided to make a "Poke-apartment" of sorts. I noticed that the design team is considering adding the ability to own a house so I designed this apartment building which could be a low level form of housing. I did this from 12-3 in the morning so I didn't add the grime and dirt I was planning on adding, but I will do that tomorrow some time. Tell me what you think.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:12:46 am by Da Lulcat »

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 03:46:39 pm »
it looks pretty good, i would like to see it ine 48x48 tile form though, do you use photoshop? if so its easy to get that set up

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 04:22:56 pm »
I'm going to be out of town until Thursday night so I won't have access to my desktop which has Photoshop on it, but when I get back I shall resize it. I have been using a 100x100 setup just so I have an even number(and I wasn't entirely sure what size pokemon buildings were). When I resize it I will also attempt to make the inside, but as I've said before my plant and other nonsymmetrical shaped things making abilities are limited. Once I finish his project I'll send in the application, but I'm not sure how to format it. Could someone show me an example of how I should format it?

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:16 pm »
I have returned! I finished the 48x48 tile form you asked for as well as the inside lobby and a room.

Alright here's the lobby. The things on the wall are supposed to be mailboxes.

Here's a room it has a computer, bed and a chest to put things in.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:49:27 pm by Da Lulcat »

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 12:45:46 am »
This is still not the kind of graphics we use in game. Sorry, but I cannot accept you to the team with this. Thanks for trying though. :)

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 03:11:53 am »
What kind of graphics are you looking for then? Could you explain to me what is wrong with this? I tried to avoid making something from a Pokemon game because I was told that you weren't looking for buildings from the game.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:46 am »
Well, if you could compare with the screenshots of the game, there is some degree of 3D while in yours, it seems to be plain 2D :-\
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »
Well, if you could compare with the screenshots of the game, there is some degree of 3D while in yours, it seems to be plain 2D :-\

that ^

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:54 pm »
You have absolutely no shading, and use single colours on wide pixel areas. Also several objects, like the couches, are too large in perception.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 03:06:53 am »
Alright thank you. That is all I wanted to know. I gave it my best shot, but I didn't make it not a big deal. I only applied so I would have something to do, but I'll still remain active on the forums and I'll definitely play the game.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 05:09:35 am »
Don't worry, honestly, its not that hard to train someone in pokemon style pixel art, its just that the team doesn't have the time to.

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 06:16:14 pm »
if anyone wants some quick Pixel Art 101 tips, just send me a message, set a time and date, and we can look some over, but i first expect you to have looked at some tutorials/try some   yourself, so i can better you at what you do :)

and LOL Amphi ! Im so glad you are passing the advice i gave to you on to other people !
We need to do another session to refine your techniques :)

see ya round
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:19:04 pm by partyprash »

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 02:47:41 am »
if anyone wants some quick Pixel Art 101 tips, just send me a message, set a time and date, and we can look some over, but i first expect you to have looked at some tutorials/try some   yourself, so i can better you at what you do :)

and LOL Amphi ! Im so glad you are passing the advice i gave to you on to other people !
We need to do another session to refine your techniques :)

see ya round

I know we need another session, I told you i would be busy sometimes with school XD, although i do try to get on, and yeah of course I'm gonna pass on advice given to me, it helped me so why not try to use it to help others.