* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Rapidash Rampage  (Read 7471 times)

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
[Quest] Rapidash Rampage
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
I'll start by saying that I have placed a name in this thread http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,207.0.html (name of the cave)
Okay so now with the quest;

The Where
There is a cave somewhere, (The Team Decides) where there is a woman named Sayer, of whom is never seen but is rumoured to live in the cave (a gaurdian of sorts), therefore being named "Sayer's Pass"

The Who
Sayer is a woman of 20-30 years old who favours in battle with her famous Rapidash, along with an Arcanine and a Ninetails (can be changed).

The What
There is a pokecentre outside of Sayer's Pass, inside the pokecentre is a ruin freak who explains that there is a Rapidash (and 3 Ponytas) inside that are rampaging and you need to defeat them to stop harm for the public. You are then given permission to enter the cave - whilst inside you find the 3 Ponytas in rooms and defeat them whilst the Rapidash keeps fleeing to the next room, in the last room, you team up with Sayer to finally snuff it out (beyond this room is the Priarie of which they came) upon defeating you speak to the Ruin Freak and get your reward!

The Reward
1. Money
2. A hold item (The Team Decides)
3. (Whatever, I'm not good with rewards...)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:26:29 PM by DayStar »
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Sayer's Pass
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »
Hmmm, I like the idea overall but I think that you need to adapt it more so it work in an MMORPG. Not really sure how but it would be kind of crazy if there was this woman running out of the cave every time a person went nearby...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
I agree with Declan_23. There are certain elements in this "quest" which are not possible in a MMO like:
- Having a massive earthquake
- Woman running out of a cave when a trainer passes by
- "when the geizer erupted it opened a pathway to the Priarie"
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
Sorry, I am really unfamiliar with mmo's
Hmmm, how about these changes;
  • Called "Rapidash Rampage
  • Instead of an earthquake, there isn't anything (really original I know)
  • There is no geizer.
  • There is a ruin maniac in a Pokecentre outside of the cave and informs you of the quest there.
  • The same rules apply with the Rapidash and a set amount of Ponyta (except you don't catch them but defeat them)
  • There is a Priarie, but it's only accessible after the quest is finished.
  • Sayer joins on the quest after you have defeated the 3 Ponyta (or all along - depends what the team thinks)

Okay, so is this better or worse ???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:20:51 PM by DayStar »
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
you could still make the prarie unaccessable to those who have not completed the quest. For instance you could be given a key as reward for completing the quest that opens the gate into the prarie (or something to that effect). Other wise I think it's a great idea  8)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 04:04:22 PM »
Me thinks it's good too.

Your link leads to nowhere...
Perhaps you can name the quest; Rapidash Rampage :D

What about... when you talk about the woman, you go towards the cave in question. You look for Sayer and can't find her. Upon getting out, a ruin maniac enters, blocking your way., saying he has heard of rumours about this cave. After talking to him, the earthquake is in the cave itself, and you hear a cry, presumably that of Sayer. Then, you see the Rapidash coming towards you. It stops, and then runs in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the ruin maniac fled. You decide to follow the Rapidash to get to the bottom of this mystery and continue as stated previously.

This way, there won't be quakes noticeable from the outside of the cave, but only to those already in the quest.

Is that okay, or... too much?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
Me thinks it's good too.

Your link leads to nowhere...
Perhaps you can name the quest; Rapidash Rampage :D

What about... when you talk about the woman, you go towards the cave in question. You look for Sayer and can't find her. Upon getting out, a ruin maniac enters, blocking your way., saying he has heard of rumours about this cave. After talking to him, the earthquake is in the cave itself, and you hear a cry, presumably that of Sayer. Then, you see the Rapidash coming towards you. It stops, and then runs in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the ruin maniac fled. You decide to follow the Rapidash to get to the bottom of this mystery and continue as stated previously.

This way, there won't be quakes noticeable from the outside of the cave, but only to those already in the quest.

Is that okay, or... too much?
Rapidash Rampage sounds very good :D

I don't think i'll be implementing any of the other things :S
+1 Post
----------
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Rapidash Rampage
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:08 PM »
It's okay, I was just trying to expand a little :)

After all, it's your quest. Don't feel bad for not wanting to add anything else :D
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
errrm..... maybe

expand on this quest please

Offline deadeviln13

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »
How about this. you can start the quest by talking to a special NPC (sayer, ruin maniac etc.) and they say that the rapidash is on the lose. what you need to do is find pieces of rapidashes leash by fighting many ponyta in said cavern. the item pieces could be a special item that cannot be discarded, or traded. there would be a 5-10% chance of finding one of these items on a ponyta. once you have all the pieces to the rapidash leash. 3,4,5 w/e you must go and defeat the rapidash and when you do attache the leash and lead it back to Special NPC for this quest.    i hope this would make the quest a litlle longer...

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:08 AM »
One day when your pleasantly close to the cave there is a massive earthquake,

It would be kinda cool if there was an area in PU that was susceptible to EarthQuakes. Possibly by a rampaging Poke's presence or just the random shifting of tectonic plates.

Nothing big or damaging, just an occassional screen shake every once in a while to give the appearance.

Sorry DayStar.. thats about as far as I got in reading quest proposal...  The first sentence hooked me :P
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
errrm..... maybe

Is this better or do you wish for a full blown explanation?
+1 Post
----------
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
errrm..... maybe

Is this better or do you wish for a full blown explanation?

well, the thing is, i could probably write a (minimum) of a 2 page story on that, but as it is your idea not mine, i feel it needs to have enough information, and things that you can do (considering this is for an MMO)

it does not need to be in the long way i normally write, and it can even be in point form, i just want more than just an idea
yeah, i know im being difficult and it is hard to explain, but i will tell you if you have something that really impresses me

in short, this is your idea, not mine, so it needs to be made by you, not me

i am still on the fence about this one

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
Okay so I really can't expand it any further... But here is a summary;

Is this okay?
To be Honest I don't overly car about how it turns out as long as it follows my fundemental things, I mean you do have the final say anyway...
Thanks dearly for taking interest  ;)
+1 Post
----------
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>