* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Seriously Overrated Stuff  (Read 25215 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously Overrated Stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
Barrack Obama

-Claps- Thanks for pointing out one of the biggest fails the United States has ever made.
WRONG! voting for Bush the 2nd time was your biggest mistake.

The last three elections have been huge misses.

Set us back at least 30-40 years
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »

Lol, what Ghost said.

I usually find myself pissed off at the state of affairs when it involves politics. :P

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »
Barrack Obama

-Claps- Thanks for pointing out one of the biggest fails the United States has ever made.

Didn't they rigged the votes so that Bush wins it?

Another overrated thing: Promise rings aka sex after marriage. Damn those Jonas brothers, waste of looks and talent.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:00:31 PM by Victory »

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »

Another overrated thing: Promise rings aka sex after marriage. Damn those Jonas brothers, waste of looks and talent.

Lol. No, just a lot of stupid people voted. Just like a lot of stupid people voted when Obama won.

Jonas brothers? Ha, what looks and talents do you speak of? xD

Offline Dracoules

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
Professional sports.
Yeah, I know right?

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
Professional sports.

Please elaborate on your choice, otherwise it's a waste post.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »
The iPad. It's just a big version of the iphone with kindle book reading technologies added into it. What a waste of deveopment.

Offline Flannery

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Uh... Hi? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »
Barrack Obama

Lol. Do you honestly think McCain will do any better? He's probably gonna be a Bush Jr. Jr.

and also, Bush was the one who put the economy in debt by spending billions, trillions of dollars on the war in Iraq

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 12:09:05 AM »
The iPad. It's just a big version of the iphone with kindle book reading technologies added into it. What a waste of deveopment.

I think you meant the hype is overrated because the ipad hasn't come out yet to be overrated.

I think it's goin to do really well.

Can you call people on the ipad? if not than it's not worth it. I think the itouch is a waste of money and if this is a newer model than its a bigger waste of money. Also, no camera again. Lame.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 01:22:32 AM »
Krispy Kreme Donuts = very over-rated.

Had half a donut earlier and nearly puked.

Not as good as everyone claimed it to be.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:19 AM »
Barrack Obama

Lol. Do you honestly think McCain will do any better? He's probably gonna be a Bush Jr. Jr.

and also, Bush was the one who put the economy in debt by spending billions, trillions of dollars on the war in Iraq

I think that Obama is starting to become that Bush Jr. Jr. you're reffering to

The dollar is continuing to fall. The economy isn't getting any better.

We've still got to find a holding place for Gitmo detainees.

We've got 3.8 trillion dollar budget that is bound to rise even more next year.

Unemployment is through the roof.

We've got soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq that were supposed to come back home in Early '09

And he's created another foreign policy disaster in China & North Korea.

His presidency is starting to sound a whole lot like Bush's

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:06 AM »
Can you call people on the ipad?

actually yes. but that's the thing. why would you want to answer call from that huge hunk of metal?

Offline Flannery

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Uh... Hi? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:11 AM »
Barrack Obama

We've got soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq that were supposed to come back home in Early '09

Even if he is, theres no choice. I'm taking Civics so I know my government stuff. The only reason why Obama is sending in more troops is because he's already stuck there from Bush Jr. Some people support him for that. Some hate him for that. There isn't much of a choice for him. He would lose support from the people if he keeps continuing the war. but if he "ends" the war, he would lose support of most influential people.

I believe thats the case.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:41 AM »
Even if he is, theres no choice. I'm taking Civics so I know my government stuff. The only reason why Obama is sending in more troops is because he's already stuck there from Bush Jr. Some people support him for that. Some hate him for that. There isn't much of a choice for him. He would lose support from the people if he keeps continuing the war. but if he "ends" the war, he would lose support of most influential people.

Meh, I dislike him because he's an overrated liar who made promises her couldn't and wouldn't keep.

On another topic, it's not Bush's (I or II) or any other president's complete fault that the country is in such a slump. It's all those idiots who lived by the credit card, bought new cars with borrowed money, instead of paying for their bills, and the constant shifts in the world markets.
 ::)

On another note: Talking about politics--so overrated. ;P

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 05:25:44 AM »
Barrack Obama

I'd hate to disagree, but im going to have to. I do not believe that that is the case.

This goes in hand with what Declan_23 said before.

Exams, school, Public education is somewhat over-rated (maybe not over-rated but mainly misused to teach and discriminate against certain ideaologies)

I had Civics in the 9th grade, and it wasnt until mi 10th grade year that I realised (thanx for The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand) that teachers do not really teach. About 90% of what you learn in school is someone's opinion or someone else's interpretation of the truth.

Thanx to technology, Information is at our finger tips but these "old-school" / "New Age" teachers are still stuck in their ways.

Students are taught to submit to any answer given to them (Eg. For the longest I was mislead into thinking that there was such thing as a potato seed) from an adult. It is up to the student to fact check and do actual research before yielding to BS.

Teachers and mi college professors consider everything they say as the Gospel and even if they are proven wrong, it will still be on the test with you expected to reiterate every point that they make.

Maybe I just went to a crappy high school, but I would suggest you watch Capitalism: A True Love story, Darwin's Secret Notebooks, and 9/11 Chronicle: Part One.

But the point that I tried to make was; Not everything you learn in school is concrete.

Back on topic, Obama's presidency is very hard to judge, as its only been one year. (Bush had 8 to screw things up)

Here's a site that tracks every promise Obama (and other politicians) made during the Presidential campaign.

http://www.politifact.com/

I find it very helpful... and I honestly do not think that Obama wants a troop surge simply because of the mistakes of Bush.

There are many factors that went into that decision.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:32:30 AM by ghostman50 »