* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What about some boats/ships?  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
What about some boats/ships?
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
Since the very first Pokemon game, RBY, there was a ship, and there, it was the S.S. Anne.

I wonder if you're going to include one, or more in the game. You said that the region will have islands, and as such, why not having some ships linking some islands.

I know there is the 'wingull express' (I don't know how it'll be called), but for a slower trip, and possible PvE and PvP battle within the ship will be quite fun. After, say 30 minutes game time, the ship will arrive at destination and will go the next game day.

What about it? ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Re: What about some boats/ships?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
I wonder if you're going to include one, or more in the game. You said that the region will have islands, and as such, why not having some ships linking some islands.

Two-Three ports that hold at least two boats. Fast (non-PVP) and slow (PVP) would be ideal
and a PVP boat would be great. Only thing is what happens to the losers?

Do they respawn at their last Poke'Center? Do they enjoy the rest of the boat ride with fainted pokemon?

30 minutes is a long time

If I've lost a battle 2 minutes into the boat ride, i wouldnt know what to do to pass the time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:31:07 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
I said the 30 minutes, including the battle, and it's game time anyway, so it'll be shorter real time. There should be a room for each player, the room number will depend on when they entered the ship and the ship will have to have a certain maximum players inside.

If there is a lost (there surely will), the player will go back to his room, fully healed from the bed in there.

If I've lost a battle 2 minutes into the boat ride, i wouldnt know what to do to pass the time.

Then, implement PvE too, to make it easier to keep up battling.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:10:14 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »
Since our region exists of servile islands, there will be boats. We don't know how long the trips will be. I do know you'll have to buy a ticket for it.

As for on board battles, if we allow this there will probably be a PokéCenter on the ship.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline lunatone lunatic

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Since our region exists of servile islands, there will be boats. We don't know how long the trips will be. I do know you'll have to buy a ticket for it.

As for on board battles, if we allow this there will probably be a PokéCenter on the ship.
                               coolant cant wait=D

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »

Two-Three ports that hold at least two boats. Fast (non-PVP) and slow (PVP) would be ideal

Do they respawn at their last Poke'Center? Do they enjoy the rest of the boat ride with fainted pokemon?

Ahhh, that gave me a great idea. What about allowin people to observe battles?

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »

Ahhh, that gave me a great idea. What about allowin people to observe battles?

Someday in the future maybe.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:19 AM »
I do know you'll have to buy a ticket for it.

Well since you're probably going to have to buy tickets, i guess if you go on a PvP boat, there could be a winning prize for the winner; like a permanent ticket, so you can ride that boat without any cost from then on.

Offline NaviGator

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 02:56:46 AM »
Boats / Ships is an idea that could be worth using not only for tournaments and such but introducing new islands as adding them becomes fitting. Like as new pokemon come along in new official games. new islands could be discovered(patched) and as they are only newly discovered a boat would be the only available way. Trainers who have proven themselves capable of dealing with an "uncivilized" area Maybe making it through a elite four type deal. until maybe a town is developed(patched) and everyone else could go there.
It's time, you know the time, the time for the thing.

Offline Salviking

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 03:02:35 AM »
maybe there should be one boat per month for all trainers to gather to have a tournament
nd first place gets a prize or something, like a rare item or pokemon something that would be useful