* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: My PU Psychic team  (Read 8616 times)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
My PU Psychic team
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »
So I'm on the Elemental Elites team and I wanted your opinion on this team I'll be making when the game comes out. I've tested it on PO and I'm currently number 8 of over a thousand on the monoteam ladder.

Team at a glance:

Metagross-Lead
Clear Body
Adamant Nature@Occa Berry
252 Atk/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
~Stealth Rock
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Thunder Punch

My lead and one of my favorite pokes. Meta helps set up stealth rocks which supports my offensivenly minded psychic team late game. Meteor Mash is his main STAB and can OHKO many non-fire/steel type pokes before the attack boost and many fire/steel types afterwards. Earthquake is for those fire/steel types who resist its main STAB. Thunder Punch is so pokemon like Jellicent and other bulky water/flying pokemon don't wall me. Thanks to Occa Berry, Meta can withstand most incomming unboosted fire attacks and hit back with EQ. The only fire attack he can't survive from at full HP is V-create (V-generate) from Victini and the occasional critical hits.

Espeon-Calm Mind Bouncer
Magic Bounce
Modest Nature@Leftovers
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Sp.Def
~Calm Mind
~Psycho Shock
~Yawn
~Hidden Power Fire

Espeon is my secondary sweeper. It outspeeds many threats and can take care of the special walls with Psycho Shock, which uses the defence stat when dealing damage. Hidden Power Fire is for the steel types that think they can wall my team and also hits bug and grass teams hard. Yawn is for forcing switches or putting pokes to sleep so it can set up or switch to a better counter. Espeon's main weapon is its ability, Magic Bounce. Magic Bouce works like a permanent Magic Coat as it bounces back all status moves, entry hazards, stat lowering moves, and other moves like tuant and torment back at the user. If Meta is against a faster lead that I predict will use Stealth Rock/ Spikes/ Toxic Spikes, I switch to Espeon to have the Stealth Rock/ Spikes/ Toxic Spikes sent right back at em. This is very useful for the likes of Breloom who will try to use spore then set up, only to have it bounce back and fall asleep itself.

Starmie-Rapid Spinner
Natural Cure
Timid Nature@Leftovers
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
~Surf
~ThunderBolt
~Ice Beam
~Rapid Spin

Starmie is mainly used to get rid of entry hazards, counter flying/ground teams, and absorb status moves. It gets near-perfect coverage with T-bolt and Ice beam and helps take out many fire teams single-handedly. I may or may not swich this with a choice scarf/trick set.

Sigilyph-The Super Tank
Magic Guard
Bold Nature@Flame Orb
252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Sp.Atk
~Cosmic Power
~Stored Power
~Psycho Shift
~Roost

At first glance, you would think that this pokemon wouldn't be too great but this pokemon can be the best physical and special tank in the whole entire game. The idea is to switch out after a pokemon is KO'd or when you can switch in safely for flame orb to activate. Because of Magic Gurad, which prevents indirrect damage including damage from status problems, Sigilyph is effectively safe from the damage of burn and immune to other status moves that would hurt it such as sleep or freeze. Cosmic Power raises both deffensive stats and which Sigilyph's bulk, it often finds no problem finding time to use it 6 times and raise its deffensive to max (over 960 for deffence and over 1200 for Sp.Def). After this it can proceed to use Stored Power. Stored Power's base damage is based on how much it's stats are raised. After 6 Stored Powers, the base power for Stored Power is 260! This is enough to OHKO almost everything in the game. So Sigilyph can sweep an entire team without getting barely a scratch on it. Roost is used for recovering any damge its done and Psycho Shift is for burning to rack up more damage and cirppling physical attackers.

Gallade-Physical Sweeper
Justified
Jolly Nature@Life Orb
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
~Swords Dance
~Psycho Cut
~Close Combat
~Shadow Sneek

Gallade is to hurt the special walls, Blissey, normal types, Chansey, ghost types who threaten my team, Blissey, priority users who aren't steel types, Blissey, oh and Blissey.

After a Swords Dance, anything slower than Gallade will most likely be OHKO with Close Combat. Psycho Cut is the main STAB as I prefer not to lower my deffensive stats when I don't need to. Shadow Sneek is for the ghost types who would otherwise plow though my team, especially Chandelure. I chose a Jolly nature soley for the purpose of outspeeding other Gallades using Shadow Sneek. Justified is an ability which raises its attack when hit by a dark-type move. This is also my main counter to dark teams and dark-type pokemon. I can often use Gallade in conjuncture with Metagross to break many physical walls down.

Alakazam-Main Special Sweeper
Magic Guard
Modest Nature@Focus Sash
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Hidden Power Fire

My main pokemon and main sweeper. Alakazam outspeeds many threats and 1-2HKO's most of them with Psychic. Shadow Ball is for ghost types and opposing psychic types. Focus Blast if for dark types and the occasional normal type that Gallade can't handle. Hidden Power Fire is for the steel types and is more reliable than Focus Blast because of the higher accuracy. Magic Gurad prevents indirect damage so Alakazam can use its Focus Sash without having to worry about it breaking from entry hazards.

Feedback and criticizim is appreciated. Please no "OMG A DARK/GHOST/BUG TYPE POKEMON WILL BEAT YOU!!!" comments. This is not true for one, as I've covered my weaknesses (most of them) and its annoying to read. Thanks :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:26:41 PM by Noah_Road »

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: My PU Psychic team
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
How can you get 252 EV in 3 stats in the case of Espeon and Gallade :o

But it's a nice team, that I won't be surprised to get a high ranking in tourneys.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
Oh hahaha! Whoops thats a typo. Its supposed to be 4 XD

Offline PowerPoke

• Normal Trainer
  • Don't I just look the sweetest? <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
Not to be a meany but...

What if someone has a team of dark pokemon? You would get knocked the crap out  :-\

Well... I can't really talk if my team is based on Harley's but...WTH  ;D

If we ever meet on PU and battle, then good luck to me  ;)
My RP Pokemon

zylonnick

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
maybe you can give alakazam a life orb for even more easier sweeping (life orb's HP deduction is canceled out by magic guard).

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

MAN MEAT <3

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:57 PM »

Win

zylonnick

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
come on guys, stay on topic (a sure win, no doubt)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
Not to be a meany but...

What if someone has a team of dark pokemon? You would get knocked the crap out  :-\

If we ever meet on PU and battle, then good luck to me  ;)

Thats why I have Gallade and Focus Blast on Alakazam. Dark types give me no problems at all.

maybe you can give alakazam a life orb for even more easier sweeping (life orb's HP deduction is canceled out by magic guard).

It needs focus sash to assure that it can get more than one hit in. Kazam's deffenses are literally paper thin and is OHKO'd by just about everything it doesn't resist, and many things that it does resist. Plus, because of focus blast's horrible accuracy, the sash also tends to act as a second chance incase I miss.

zylonnick

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:36 PM »
looks like a great team to me

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
looks like a good team, but where did you get the moving sprites? I have looked all over and I can't find them.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
I just google "Pokemon Black and White Sprites" and found a pretty good scource.

www.arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html

The owner ask that you save the sprites then upload them to photobucket or some other photo scource before using them.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 01:32:06 AM »
Thank you. You seem to be good at making teams, if I sent you my team would you help me perfect it?

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »
I know enough to make some pretty good competative teams haha. I'll help you in any way I can if you send me your team :P

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 02:41:42 AM »
I like using Mr Mime as a lead with a choice specs. Give it trick for screwing up other leads, psychic for a decent attacking move if needed later in the game, teeter dance to piss people off, and thunderwave to guarantee first hits with later Pokemon. Put EVs in speed and sp. atk. Mr Mime has a great base speed, too.

Seeing as stealth rock will not be available in PU, you might want to change Metagross from your lead, at least.
Good team, anyway. Might have trouble beating you.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:43:21 AM by Mr Pokemon »