* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1892132 times)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #7845 on: November 18, 2013, 06:32:26 am »
Just recently I have decided to revamp my writing style as well, as I found I used to particularly focus more on action and events more than anything else. While there's nothing terribly wrong with that, I want to head in a different direction. Since I haven't read much in a while, and now that I'm older and more experienced with writing, I plan to do much more reading in research and evaluation of different styles I may want to include into my own.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: November 18, 2013, 06:49:50 am »
Agreeing with Fenror on this one. My writing style came from what I thought was Tolkien at like, eight years old, but rereading Children of Hurin and Silmarillion, that was nothing like what he wrote. He wasn't detailed, I just thought he was because I always had a clear image.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: November 18, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »
HELP
Appearance: Ashton has a heart-shaped face, with flat cheekbones and a sharp chin. His downturned eyes are an clouded hazel, hiding a gleam of knowledge behind their relaxed gaze. An aquiline nose rests above his thin lips, giving him a laid back look. Raven black hair, kept thin due to his Mother's insistence, hangs straight down into an angular cut at his jaw. The carefree features of Ashton's face are merely a reflection of his entire body structure, and everything-always in his pocket arms to his constant half-grin-reeked of a relaxed manner. He walks in evenly paced strides, his back straight and his face darting inconspicuously from left to right, observing everything, eyes hidden by the rim of his red and white ball cap.

Criticize that. Must get better. Do it.

Ashton has sharp facial features with a pointed jaw, downturned, hazel eyes and straight, jet-black hair. His aloof posture and carefree expression accurately reflect his personality.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said about his facial features. I'd probably go on to talk about how he dresses and any other important details about his appearance. I also changed "raven black" for "jet black" because I thought it sounded better. Also, the part that I highlighted seems to go against your initial description, so I might take that part out.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: November 18, 2013, 09:01:30 pm »
Hey Darkstar are you in Cortex's Rp just asking cuase it says you are but there isnt a post from you
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: November 19, 2013, 04:53:20 am »
My profile was accepted and I can join in at any time, but...I don't really think I'm going to. I REALLY don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but I haven't really been very impressed with the RP thus far for a couple of reasons. If I saw those things start to change, then I'd consider joining, but it's not looking very probable at the moment.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: November 19, 2013, 05:02:45 am »
Lol, the RP's pretty much dead. The people who cared about it have sorta stopped paying attention. Cortex is GM, and I sub-GM, and neither of us have been really doing anything but mediocre posts, as Cortex is working with Fenror on something else, I'm semi-helping and redoing my writing style, and overall, I don't think we care anymore.

I can't speak for Cortex, but that's my two-sense. I only ever made like eight posts though, so...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:12:45 am by The-Blades-slave »

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: November 19, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »
I believe he said that things weren't looking to good, but I don't want to speak for him. I have had a number of my own RP's fail before, and it's a shame to see another one struggle, but I guess that's just how it goes. It'll be hard for RP'ing here to get much more popular than it currently is for now, though.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: November 19, 2013, 07:29:06 pm »
The Silmarillion was the one I had in mind most, but I actually opened it again for the first time in a few years. He didn't describe with the style of less is more in that, but he wasn't really that descriptive either... It almost feels like he stated feats of people and let you have your own thoughts, no details given... I kinda wanna try that now. It was a more mystical way of writing if anything.

If you have the time or have read it, Jerry, mind giving me your thoughts on that? Maybe I'm reading too much into things. Took a break from writing for a while, and now working on redesigning my style.

Okay, I downloaded an eBook copy and intend to read it once my exams are over. I skimmed through the first pages though and got completely lost :P I guess I have to start at the start to understand it properly. From what I gathered from the summary, it's a story from before what happens in The Hobbit and LoTR. I guess I won't be bored at all ^^
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:06 pm »
Yeah, you really gotta pay attention the first few chapters, 'cause Tolkien's basically explained how the world was created.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: November 20, 2013, 06:32:51 am »
Hey guys, so dstar is going to make the reboot for utopia on a different site, so I'm going to cut my losses and close utopia. For some reason, I can't seem to get back to that old concept that made it popular in the first place. I am glad to see that so many people enjoy my RP's, and are willing to make reboots, but I guess leading them myself is where things get difficult for me. I'm not giving up on the story concept, or giving up on writing, or leaving RP's forever. I'm just not going to be leading RP's from now on, and rather join in the fun of others, while working to make Utopia a novel (release date to be announced, and no short posts here, serious writing stuff.) So, Utopia RP is now up to dstar. Utopia the novel is up to me. I may drop by wherever he manages to start it, and read up to see how it's going.

Also, I will be active in food's reboot of GT, since I am excited to actually RP without having to worry about leading so much. Food, I will have sent you a PM explaining some things.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Xatu

• Beginning Trainer
  • Roaming in Kalos Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: November 20, 2013, 08:49:38 am »
IF yall still accepting new members.... i want to join if yall dont mind. The pokemon types i use are psychic and dark

gotta love that Absol  ;D

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:10 pm »
All active guilds are still accepting members, but you'll have to wait for the leader of this guild, Xetroc, to add you in,, but you should be fine. This guild is not centered around battling, unlike the Elemental Elites (which happens to be the guild I'm in), so you can use any type you want, it doesn't really matter. That said, I love dark types as well.

Also, for the few of you who are not yet aware but might be interested, my new RP is a sequel to Xetroc's Galactic Tournament from last year, and it's coming together quite nicely.

Lastly, just as an added note, as we were just recently talking about Blades and I developing and altering our writing styles, I actually don't have an exact direction yet, as I want to do a bit more reading first. This also ties into my style a bit, but the one thing I do know for a fact is that I want to add more color and personality to my writing overall. This extends to beyond just the characters, for which I have a separate list of goals for development just on that, as I want to more vividly describe everything, from the way dialogue is spoken to setting and environment without overdoing it. Although I do intend on going into journalism as my full occupation, I still plan to write books and novels in some capacity. I was talking with Blades last night, and while I want to start planning out my next (or technically first, in a sense)  official novel, I also plan to spend most of my writing, aside from my journalism practice, on short stories and one-shots, and will implement many different of my ideas and new techniques into each one in order to find what I feel works best. I'll still be planning out my novel at the same time as this, as a ton of details and info will go not only into the story and plot, but the world itself as well, but I don't intend on actually writing any of the novel until I get my new style locked down. Anyway, there's my spill.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: November 21, 2013, 06:41:03 am »
I would be happy to except Xatu as a member if they respond to this post. I've decided to be a little more careful about who I accept from now on, i.e, accepting members who instantly go inactive.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Xatu

• Beginning Trainer
  • Roaming in Kalos Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: November 21, 2013, 09:33:44 am »
(responds)  ;D

Dont worry im trying to download pokemon-online also ^.^

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: November 21, 2013, 03:32:38 pm »
Welcome to PU, Xatu, and that's awesome, PO is a blast. Speaking of which, the Elemental Elites (my guild) will be hosting a Christmas-themed contest in December, but much of the info is up now. You don't have to belong to our guild to join, so I invite you all to go check it out! To make it easy, here's a link, with all the revealed info on the first page of the thread: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4395.0.html

New pokemon for the contest are revealed every weekend. It is shaping up to be pretty exciting, and I hope to see more of you there!
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100