* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Advertising.  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
Advertising.
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
This is just a mere suggestion of my opinon.

My brother and his friends having been watching PU for a while. They've just given up after the Beta because they don't see that this prodject is going anywhere. I can only assume that, that this what the thousands of people who have signed up for pokemon Universe believe also, since only 70 people or so use the forums. Obviously all us active members know that PU is infact moving forward. But we need to let the rest of the world know that too.

Yes we have a Twitter page.

And yes we have a Facebook page.

But I would suggest expanding!

We as members should be helping to advertise PU on a lager basis. To explore around the internet to find Pixel artists, and other various individuals.
We as members need too let the rest of the Pokemon lovers know that this project is actually going somewhere, as we do!

I would reccomend either Mr_Dark Or Urmel emailing, all members of PU as an Update, since it is evident that not all of them come to check on the forums and have most likely forgotten PU!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:41:05 PM by Wailord »
MAN MEAT <3

zylonnick

Re: Advertising.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:43:29 PM »
Sounds great, but there is 1 little problem: Money. I know there are people willing to pay for advertising, but probably not enough. And even if we do find enough money, Nintendo could probably shut this project down because of that. (Nintendo has very good lawyers). It is a good idea, advertising to find pixel artists etc, but I don't know if it's worth the risk. Maybe I am wrong and it isn't a problem (I hope, but doubt it). The PU team may always correct me if I have it wrong. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »
Actually, there was a thread called the 'Weekly' updates, but it's been nearly half a year now I think... so.. that might be the substitution to the emailing of ten thousands of members
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

zylonnick

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
he meant advertising, not sending an update to current members.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »
Advertising will be hard to do if a small group of people had to send mails...

Yes, twitter and facebook were used. Pokecommunity also had a thread where PU was advertised (and more sites I don't know about), PU is the first MMO to come up when googled... I don't think that we can do better than that. I would personally find it more like begging if we were to send emails to people asking them to volunteer in pixel art and it comes back to emailing them for updates, which is, I think, easier through a thread on here.

But then, this is my idea about it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 06:41:44 PM »
Still you could tell everybody you know and talk on other forums. That doesn't cost.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »
You mean.. Tell everyone I know I play Pokemon and am an active member on a forum for a Pokemon MMO?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
Well, if so, then the easiest is to put a link in your sig, but if I were to do so, I'd prefer do it some discreet way that only true pokemon people will see.