* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Live RP  (Read 26678 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Live RP
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
Wailord and I were thinking about making an RP for IRC. We would make our characters prior over the course of the week, and then when the weekend came around, we could all play it out when timezones don't really matter.

These sessions would take place until the RP finishes (which it will, as I have already have a set goal for the RP to progress towards), and then we can start again.

Story:

5 years ago, there was a terrible storm. All of the villagers fought against the avalanche that came from Mt. Aleph to the North.
A giant boulder fell, crushing half of the town of Vale. Killing most of your community.
After the accident, you dedicated your life to the research of Psynergy to learn the secrets of Alchemy. Practicing hard to learn the basics of the art, you begin to advance in the field of psynergy. Learning that the storm was no mere accident, you and a group of your friends decide to head into Mt Aleph to learn of why the events occured 5 years ago.

Update: class system:

This is just the character building system for now, the storyline (whih is done, i just dont feel like writing) will come later.

You are an Adept. A person who can utilize their mind to bend the elements to your will.
Each adept is associated with a planet, each planet has an element.
Mercury=Water
Venus=Earth
Mars=Fire
Jupiter=Wind
Each adept can manipulate these elements, which they call "Psynergy".
Each psynergy correlates to a planet, and again to an element.
Each character also has a fighting style, which are Warrior, and Mage.
Each have its own specialization for weapons.
Weapons
Earth Warrior: Longsword, Light Blade, Axe, Mace
Earth Mage: Light Blade, Staves

Fire Warrior: Longsword, Light Blade, Axe, Mace
Fire Mage: Light Blade, Staves

Wind Warrior: Claws, Light Blades
Wind Mage: Light Blade, Staves, Bows

Water Warrior: Longsword, Light Blade, Axe, Mace
Water Mage: Mace, Staves

Each class will have access to "utility psynergy" which can be used outside of battle, some can also be used during battle. Because utility psynergy is important, even though most utility psynergy can be figured out by looking at the name, ill explain them now. Many utility psynergy will not be avilable until the appropriate level of experience.

One might ask, "Some of this stuff our combat psynergy can do" and to you I say, you're character is fairly new to the Adept game, and therfore does not have complete control over his element's psynergy yet, there will be npc's in this RP that will teach you control, and therfore you will learn the psynergies below if you do not already.
Name      Element      Description                                        Available at Start
Move      Venus         Moves an object         Yes
Avoid      Mercury      Lowers enounter rate of monsters   No
Burst      Mars         Destroys a smaller object      No
Lift      Venus         Lifts and moves a small object a short distance         No
Catch      Venus         Grabs an object at a distance And brings it to the user      Yes
Cure
Poison      Mercury      Same effect as an "Antidote"      Yes
Cyclone   Jupiter         Creates a light wind current to Clear the way of small objects      No
Douse      Mercury      Puts out fires, fills things with water (Empty ponds, pots,etc)      Yes
Force      Venus         Hits an object            No
Frost      Mercury      Freezes an object         Yes
Grind      Venus         Crushes large stone         No
Growth      Venus         Causes plants to rapidly grow (Vines, trees, etc)         Yes
Halt      Jupiter         Stops an object from moving for a short time            No
Hover      Jupiter         Hovers in the air         No
Lift      Venus         Perpetually holds an object in the air            No
Mind read   Jupiter         Allows to to read the mind of someone you are touching Adepts can resist this.         Yes
Parch      Mars         Evaporates water         No
Pound      Mars         Slams an object into the ground   No
Retreat      Venus         Teleports the party to where they entered the dungeon         Yes
Reveal      Jupiter         Shows what the eyes cannot see   No
Sand      Venus         Burrows into the sand, and allows the user to move aorund freely   No
Teleport   Mars         Allows the part to teleport between discovered teleport circles      No
Tremor      Venus         Creates a tremor to shake objects   No
Whirlwind   Jupiter         Creates a small tornado that one can manipulate for a short period of time   Yes

Healing psynergy can be used outside of battle, but I found it redundant.

Depending on what element and fighting style you choose, you will be assigned a class.
Earth
Warrior: Squire class
Mage: Shrine Maiden class

Fire
Warrior: Guard Class
Mage: Fire Seer Class

Wind
Warrior: Beastling Class
Mage: Wind Seer Class

Water
Warrior: Mariner class
Mage: Water Seer class
Level up system
Each class, after a number of levels, gets a class upgrade.
For example, lets take a look at the squire class:
Squire
\/
Knight
\/
Gallant
\/
Lord
\/
Slayer
There are items in the world that one can find to change their character to a unique class.
There are also hidden classes that are assigned when one collects enough djinn of the right element.

Djinn
Djinn are scattered throughout the world, exactly 18 for each element. You can only hold a maximum of 9 djinn to yourself, and you can only hold as many djinn as the person with the least number of djinn in your party +1. For example, there are 4(which there will be, we have enough) people in your party, 3 of them have 2 djinn, but the fourth only has one. The next djinn found must be given to the player with only one djinn. Afterwards, djinn are free game for whoever ifnds them.
Collecting djinn will boost your class if they are the same element as your character, as well as change it if you are not.
For example, a Squire class adept equips a mars djinn, that character is now a combination of fire and earth adept, they become a Brute class, and recieve access to some of both Fire and Earth Psynergy.
Of course, splitting yourself away from your home element will leave your character weaker than what they could be at that level if they remained specialized, but they now have access to a greater pool of psynergy. Mix and Match djinn to find a combination you like.
Djinn behaviour can be categorized in 3 ways; Set, Standby, and recover.
When a djinn is set, its elemental abilities affect the owner, boosting their current class or changing it, as well as permanently buffing them until their behaviour is changed. One can use a djinns ability on an enemy, and by doing this, it puts them in Standby.
For example, using the Venus Djinn "Flint" will cause you attack and do x2 damage for the turn.
When a djinn is in Standby, the player gets no equip bonus, and their class does not change. But, you will have access to summons.
The entire party can share djinn when in standby, and so, anyone can use any summon provided enough djinn are in standby mode. It is reccomened that you use summons in correlation to your element to do extra damage.
Summons utilize the power of the djinn for powerful spells that can exceed even the most powerful psynergy. When used, they put the djinn that were called into recovery.
Recovery is the behaviour a djinn enters after a summon is used, each djinn will leave the recovery state, and switch into the set state when their "Recovery timer" equals zero.
Recovery timer exists so that your djinn arent sent into set at the same time.
For every djinn that is used in a summon, the recovery timer will increase by one for each corresponding djinn.
Example: you summon Ramses, which costs 2 Venus Djinn. Those djinn will enter recovery, one will have their recovery timer to be 1, while the other will be 2. These decrease over time, as the battle progressesm as well as travelling outside of battle.

This gives you a basic understanding of the class system. If you have any questions regarding the class system, utility psynergy, or djinn, please join me in the #LiveRP channel before Game Day and I'll be happy to explain if im present. I'm also educating frenchfry and wailord on the subject so that if im not present, hopefully one of them are.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:40:57 AM by Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
Re: Live RP
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »
As Silver said we would have to organise times, concidering time zones etc.

But it could work, if enough people are willing to participate :3
MAN MEAT <3

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »
Maybe. That's my contribution as of now :)

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »
That Idea sounds womanin' I'm in. But somehow I cant get on IRC because of being randomly banned for just entering  >:(

EDIT: You would of been banned from the IRC for either, Abusive language towards members, Spaming, Flooding, or annoying staff. You also joined PU under a vulgar name which was changed due to its sexually innapropriate nature, which didn't leave a great impression on the staff.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:03:28 AM by Wailord »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:03:01 AM »
*inserts self into group*

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »
Sounds interesting. I might consider joining.
sup

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:44:36 AM »
Ok, so right now, we have Wailord and Frenchfry.
I will be the third, so we really only need 1 more to get this oging
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:28 AM »
I'm in, so long as the timings suit me.
Also, theme?

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »
Well that makes 4. so we're good to go.
Ill add the setting tommorow.

I've also registered a channel for this event; #LiveRP
I'm thinking that this will be started at about 12:00 EDT -4 saturday.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:54:25 AM by Silver »

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 02:31:01 AM »
Goody! :) This is actually a great idea. More fast paced.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:16 AM »
I might join, it depends on the time and when I'll be able to. I work Saturdays, though, and I might not be able to be on at 12:00.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »
The 12 is my time.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 02:49:54 AM »
I am in EDT too, if I'm not mistaken. Right now, it's 8:50 PM.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:11 AM »
So you are.
Hmm, ok, You'll have to join mid campaign, thats fine. When I post the setting, make your profile.

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:57:22 AM »
Can I be in too? (UTC over here)