* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Do you like the PU Forums?

Yes
3 (33.3%)
No
1 (11.1%)
I love them!
4 (44.4%)
I hate them!
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Let's Play  (Read 6139 times)

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
Let's Play
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
When I see the screenshots of the game I am saying in my mind:
"A single question is in people mind at this website: When this game will be able to be downloaded?"

And I think everybody want to know how the game is looking right now... How much we have to wait... This is the single question.
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
Patience my impatient friend.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »
And there aren't specific answers.

The game is being made when the devs feel like it. They have lives (well, okay, most of them do have), they can't be working on the development everyday and there is a serious issue: art. There is a big need for pixel and vector artists so that the game can move forward. In the meantime, that doesn't mean that nothing is being done. The code is being optimised, and the necessary updates are being made.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline jackasscheyne

• New Trainer
  • OMFG?! DANTE?! your here too? sweet >.>
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
i agree... ive been eyeing it up, my last login was several months ago, this has been going for ages. just release a beta, youve gotta have some of it done at least. im sure alot of people have signed up already and im sure we can give reviews and advice from a beta test. and if its taking this long cos the developer is adding EVERY game to it slowly then it will take forever considering they wont stop releasing... pwease either beta or just like 8 gyms or something :( i have alot of patience but i wanna play pokemon as it should be, with millions of other people :(:(
all that we've seen or seem is but a dream within a dream; E. A. POE

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
Like Jerry said. We can wait, because if they rush it will just be some cruddy MMO. It'll be worth it, I can tell. I don't mind waiting, you should just try to be patient, it'll be here eventually. If you really want to speed it up, learn a skill the team needs.

Also at Jacka**cheyne. They're aren't millions. And like I said if they speed up, it will just be a crappy MMO, and that wouldn't be they're fault. First thing they are gonna release is beta, with only Gen 1-4 at first, they are not adding anything.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
And there aren't specific answers.

The game is being made when the devs feel like it. They have lives (well, okay, most of them do have), they can't be working on the development everyday and there is a serious issue: art. There is a big need for pixel and vector artists so that the game can move forward. In the meantime, that doesn't mean that nothing is being done. The code is being optimised, and the necessary updates are being made.
We just want the game! We don't need even the best quality! We want to play something new and cool with super rules and to challenge people!
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline jackasscheyne

• New Trainer
  • OMFG?! DANTE?! your here too? sweet >.>
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
i suppose thats fair. and i know absolutely nothing about pixel art or vectors. i wish i did xD. oh well. ill props just come back and check in another few months. any slight hint to a percentage of 1-4 completion? o.o
all that we've seen or seem is but a dream within a dream; E. A. POE

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
No, its not fair.

You don't know how this works do you? Just be EXISTING Pokemon Universe is running a risk to be nailed by Nintendo for copyright infringement.

They just scrapped literally ALL of the code, about 3 months ago in an easier programming language so that people like you can get play faster.

You want to speed it up? Get to learning pixel art, and help then.
PU doesn't need people womaning about it not being done while those same people are doing nothing about it.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
i'm with silver stop asking when it will be done!
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
Thanks Jackasscheyne for at least having being nice about it! They say it should be done by 201*. Or maybe later, we don't mind. Who is this We you are talking about though armandutzu? Do you talk for all or even any of PU?
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »
 I also say that I would rather wait a few more years than start playing now and be disappointed with another attempt at bringing Pokémon Online. If you want to play so much go download Pokémon Online and battle with other people. While you wait, you can either come up with ideas that might make the game more fun and original, or contribute to PU. I am currently in the process of trying to learn Pixel Art since I want to help out in any way I can. I suggest you do the same or wait patiently.
 "Those who do not work, do not get to eat."
                                                                   Cheers, Genbor
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline camil1o23

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
dont understand wot is the problem in ask lol. hahahhaa if this is not ready in years all people that is saing now ''stop to ask'' are going to ask too, so stop u to be like that, or u guys wanna be admin friends and get adventage from others??i play other poke and all guys who every time do thing like this was to be admin friend so then they was the only player who have nice pokes and thing in game...i expect admin dont do that when u up the server.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
The game will be released when it's done. End of conversation.
Also, a dissapointing lack of inb4 the lock memes.
/locked