* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Table Top Pokemon RP  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Juno

• Beginning Trainer
  • Black FC: 2580 2446 7184 Message me for a battle.
    • View Profile
Table Top Pokemon RP
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Was looking around the forums and couldn't find anything so this should generate some discussion at least. This has been an idea that I have had for quite a while since being newly introduced to D&D, I was hoping that people would be able to help me create a base structure( Numbers of all kinds, stats, growth, IV and EV calculation if possible) for a dice based Pokemon game. The main problem I am having is should I try and figure out a way to convert Poke's stats or create an entirely new system? I got the idea from a friend who made a zombie survival game based of of D&D's system... kind of... very loose. But anyways if anyone can help I would love for some input. Actually I need input because whenever my friends and I talk about this we get distracted.

Here are the basics of what I can guess.

Two or more players a DM and a player

Hits are calculated using percentage you have to roll lower than the percentage. Horn Drill is 30% have to roll 30 or  lower

Criticals are based off of a percentage roll as well.

For Natures it’s a choice of a neutral nature or a roll of the dice for when you catch a pokemon

Shiny is a perfect roll using percentage dice. 100 out of 100

Field moves are done through the ability to learn then with a negative if you don’t know it yet, also if you don’t have the badge then you get another negative??

Trainer classes? Would they help? What would they do?

IV 1-3 is 0, 4-6 is 1, 7-9 is two and so on. Reroll 97-100

How would the attack damage work I thought to use a dice roll, but the attacks are more base damage in game with attack as modifiers, how would I go about configuring that

Can use any move that the pokemon knows up to that level, in a fit of rage/ desperation that could change to using a stronger move, flame thrower at level thirty on a charmeleon.

All Pokeballs:  Pokeball Greatball, ultra ball, Masterball, Safariball, Netball, Diveball, Nest Ball, repeat Ball Timer Ball Luxury ball Premier Ball, Dusk ball Heal Ball Quick ball Cherish Ball Park Ball Fast ball Friend ball Heavy ball Level ball Lure ball Love ball moon ball Sport ball and they would help what based on the videogames description.

Should the Players characters have stats as well? Small stats but stats none the less

I would really like to be able to create a well done pen and paper pokemon game.
Some wisdom that I have stumbled across or figured out would go great here... Too bad I just live life to have fun with friends and family. I don't worry about fights or money, I just live. No wisdom there just a way to get by.

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
Re: Table Top Pokemon RP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
I don't think you can do this...
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
Actually, I think he can. This is kind of like a game and an RP, so I don't know if it will just get moved.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »
I dunno sounds abit too dicey.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
armandutzu, can't you write a script to do all the roll dice part, the damage, stats and etc? That'd be nice indeed.

And if you manage to make the script to work on IRC, well, it opens a window to the fairness of the randomness, if that makes sense.

Well, up to now the RP is quite vague. Think about it more, try leaving out any hesitation and come up with something strong. I (or Amphi or Wailord) will then see what needs to be changed, if there is.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »
Can I make a suggestion?

Jerry, you can develop the Stats.
Juno, you can be in charge of what Roll does what.

beyond that, all we need is a random Numeric generator app with values from 1-100.

and we create storyline in-post.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
Lol! I'm already busy with the trivia of Kamaran, the bot I intend to do for Silver XD

And one more? Sorry, no, I'll leave that to armand, that'll allow me to assess his scripting skills too, and I might learn some tricks too in the process :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:08:39 AM »
You haven't elaborated particularly well on this Roleplay.

Although it is possible please be aware that Live Roleplays require dedicated members, and don't usually work particularly well, since the entire Rp is based on trust.
MAN MEAT <3

Offline Juno

• Beginning Trainer
  • Black FC: 2580 2446 7184 Message me for a battle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 07:39:44 AM »
Well what I was intending this to be is a basic start of a campaign for whoever chooses to use the ideas as a foundation not necessarily a plot of anything like that. A blueprint if you will. I have been working on this only briefly but I figured to go ahead and post this idea in order to  get a brainstorm going.

It does play very dicey but that is how many D&D campaigns start unless you use a program. The battle system does need a whole lot of work and the rolling for stats was atrocious so I really need to fix that. I was testing the idea today with two friends. It seemed to work but it needs a better foundation to start with. Even without messing with EVs and IVs.

The stats again was the hardest part to work with and also the damage needs an overhaul of what I was trying to do. I'll probably just round up the damage from the game and convert to 1D_( insert number) The stats as modifiers worked less than OK but still a start. The hit percentage worked and also used a similar D&D base of anything below 10 turns critical.

The battle worked very fun as a free form similar to the anime. But as a preference I want to try to convert or if anyone has any free time to collaborate with me on the converting?? Because I am not great with numbers and cant even begin to write a script for anything...

Thank you for the help and feedback it is very much appreciated.
Some wisdom that I have stumbled across or figured out would go great here... Too bad I just live life to have fun with friends and family. I don't worry about fights or money, I just live. No wisdom there just a way to get by.