* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Aerodactyl's amber quest  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
Aerodactyl's amber quest
« on: May 08, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »
A mysterious man comes towards you, just out of the blue. He will ask you for a favour. He wants you to go to Gensei forest. He joins you with a resin set and wants you to help him to find a bit resin from the two biggest trees in the forest. He tells you he wants to know to which tree the old amber belongs, with other words in which tree the aerodactyl lived in the dinosaur era. The forest is a kind of labyrinth and has got a lot of wild pokemon in it. Also some trainers want to battle you 2 vs 2. The man has only got 1 pokemon, so watch out. After a (long) search, you will find the centre of the forest. Two big trees stand there. The man investigates the resin and comares it with the old amber. He finds the good tree and you return to his house. He is very happy and he gets in the news and you get 1 old amber for your help. In the old amber is still petrified resin and an aerodactyl, so you have to go to a place where people can turn fossils into pokemon.

I thought this quest would be nice in the beginning of the game (just after first badge and it would be around level 10)
What do you think about it?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:59:24 pm by Safur »
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Aerodactyl's amber quest
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:55:43 pm »
Um... well, some things to point out, just so it makes more sense. First of all, Aerodactyl mainly lived in caves :-\ Anyway,

The archaeologist (now studying trees... ::) but let's disregard that for the time being) wants you to get resin from two trees which he knows about, but nevertheless wants you to check them.

Either that, or,

The archaeologist doesn't know the trees at all, but nevertheless knows which resin comes from which tree?

In either case, it's weird...

What I suggest, is a quest where he joins you when you reach the two trees and examine them in front of you. He examines the first and extracts resin samples front it, but it's not the right tree, so he then turns to the other and extracts several samples of the resin. After examining it, then you continue with the news and stuff, giving you one of them as a reward.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »
Your version of the quest is better, and I thought about it because amber is petrified resin, so I have no clue how aerodactyl's fossil should be amber if he mainly lived in caves.

The quest would also become harder if you fight 2 vs 2 with the trainers and the man has only got one pokemon, that would be fun, don't you think?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:08:00 pm »
Yes sure :)

I don't know how it comes either about the amber... but it's like that :P

Maybe resin fell onto dead Aerodactyl after epic fights in the air and that resulted in the fossilised amber? ;D
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:15:07 pm »
Don't make it harder then it already is!
What do you think about the quest now?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »
It's better overall. The questwriters/NPC scripters/storywriters only have to write down the dialogue now, if this gets implemented.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:03:20 pm »
It has the beginnings of a great quest. For now try and flesh out the middle bit, at the moment it's more or less: Go to a forest, fight some trainers, get the amber. If you could invent something a little more interesting, it'd make the overall quest seem much better.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:43:21 pm »
Thanks for the tips!

I will, if I have some inspiration.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »
I like the idea of it being between the third or sixth badge fossil pokemon should be implemented early in the game many people seem to want them on their team no point haveing a level 5 fossil pokemon late on in the game if you really want it on your team.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:19:31 pm by Wire »

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 07:37:48 pm »
Well could be.

I was thinking of all kinds of flying and rock first evolution pokemon
hoothoot
pidgey
spearow
taillow
wingull
starly
pidove
geodude
onix
nosepass
aron
ryhorn
etc.

So around 10 trainers in 2 vs 2 (so 5 battles) at the start of the game would be fun right?
And just forest pokemon wild (most grass and bug)
That would be a lot better for the trainers who want a aerodactyl at the beginning of the game.

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:27 am »
hmmm.well maybe 5 battles, one after the other is a little to much.I was thinking that before you return to the man's house 2 trainers come up to you and tell you that you have an intesting fossil there.Then they ask you if they could borrow it and well you get the point.After you battle them 2v2 they run away in shame the man thanks you and takes you to his house and then he gives you the fossil as a reward.
All things come in good time.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 11:42:19 am »
What do you think?
Should there be in the cente (where you can turn fossils into pokemon) a guy who wants to trade old amber for Plume fossil (Archen), so you can get Archen in stead of Aerodactyl?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 12:17:16 pm »
Here, the OP specifically stated the Old Amber with it's location, so I don't think that the Plume fossil would fit in here.