* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

What do you think about this quest?

It's a good quest, please put it in the game.
It needs a little inprovement, but it's quite ok.
It needs a lot of inprovement to be a game quest.
It just fails, somebody make another one.

Author Topic: Anorith and Lileep quest  (Read 9114 times)

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
Anorith and Lileep quest
« on: May 12, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

Since my last quest I thought of another:

When you enter a town, a man runs towards you asking for help. But first you need to answer a couple of questions:

1. Do you want to help me?
a. sorry man, I am to busy
b. Yes, of course, what do I need to do?

If a, no quest, if b: Nice, please answer a few questions first.

2. Which of the 2 forest types do you prefer?
a. Grass (you go for Lileep)
b. Bug (Anorith)

3. Oke, I want you to help me, could one of your pokemon push away that stone for me?
a. Yes, here you go.
b. No, I will come back later, when I taught one of my pokemon strength.

4. Oh, thanks a lot, you are a hero, my house is at the end of this path. At the back-door of my house is a forest with a whole bunch of anorith/lileep. It's a miracle, I know this because I put them back into live myself. I am an aerlogist. I could only tell this to a good-hearted pokemon trainer of course. I feed this lilleep all the time and I won't allow anybody to come further than my house. But then this stone came and I couldn't enter my house.

(You enter the house)

Grunt: Hey what are you doing in this house
Man: It's mine, get out of it
Grunt: Not with all those lileep/anorith here
You: Then I will force you with this battle.

After you have beaten five grunts and the boss.
The boss of the gang has 3 strong pokemon:
Lairon
Graveler
Leavanny

Man: Thanks for resqueing my lileep/anorith. You may have this one for the trouble. You can come everytime you want, but don't capture more of them, the group has to grow.

You don't even have to go to the scientists, but you won't be able to go to the pokemon centre, before you have beaten the boss. If you fail, you will have to do the quest all over again, and you won't get XP from the earlier beaten grunts. The levels depends on when in the game you are able to use strength outside of a battle and where the town is. You aren't able to do the quest again, so chose carefully. Or you are only able to get the second fossil after beating the elite four, that's discussable. I don't think you should be able to get both within a few minutes.

I hope the quest is inproving, because I think so.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:47:33 PM by Safur »
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Anorith and Lileep quest
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »
Hm... cut has a great possibility of not being in the game...

Otherwise, that quest is pretty genertic :-\
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »
Yes the dialogue is poor and like Jerry said its very generic. You meet a guy, he asks you to help, you go fight some trainers, then you get a reward. That sums up your quest. And the whole fossil thing doesnt relate to the quest. You just meet a guy who happens to have some extra fossils that were stolen? Try to tie it all together more so it flows better.

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:58:27 AM »
i agree with viper.You just happen to meat this guy with a couple fossils that have been stolen, maybe you should say a couple rare fossils that were stolen from his museum.
All things come in good time.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Read this: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,543.0.html
And then feel free to make improvements :)

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
Anorith and Lileep quest changed
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:50 PM »
Because of your good comments, I've changed the quest. Now it hopefully makes more sense and is funnier/more fun to play.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
Hm... you could improve it some more, I find it still like a generic quest.

What I would have done:
Remove the rock, put a grunt there instead blocking the path. When you arrive, you fight him, he runs inside when you win. When you enter, you see the grunt you just battled with talk to two other grunts.
"We have to get out! QUICK!"

Then the grunt turns around and '!"
"I don't want to be humiliated again."

That grunt runs towards you, you get aside and he runs away. The other two look at each other. One of them tells the other:
"I'll try hold him down, get the pokemon away."

The other grunt disappears through the back door, and the other waits for you. When you beat him, he in turns runs away through the front door. You then go into the forest which is a little like a maze. Maybe make the grunt try to run as soon as you talk to him. I'm referring to the Farfetch'd in HeartGold/SoulSilver. And when you manage to bring him through a dead end, he finally stops and challenges you. Once you win, you continue as you said.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

zylonnick

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »
Hm... you could improve it some more, I find it still like a generic quest.

What I would have done:
Remove the rock, put a grunt there instead blocking the path. When you arrive, you fight him, he runs inside when you win. When you enter, you see the grunt you just battled with talk to two other grunts.
"We have to get out! QUICK!"

Then the grunt turns around and '!"
"I don't want to be humiliated again."

That grunt runs towards you, you get aside and he runs away. The other two look at each other. One of them tells the other:
"I'll try hold him down, get the pokemon away."

The other grunt disappears through the back door, and the other waits for you. When you beat him, he in turns runs away through the front door. You then go into the forest which is a little like a maze. Maybe make the grunt try to run as soon as you talk to him. I'm referring to the Farfetch'd in HeartGold/SoulSilver. And when you manage to bring him through a dead end, he finally stops and challenges you. Once you win, you continue as you said.

Nice thinking Jerry.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »
I don't think the first grunt is a good idea for 2 reasons:
1. It would be to easy to get there without having strenght
2. if you put that grunt over there and the second like the farfech'ed (I have played that), it might be fun but you can also heal your pokemon in the centre. And since PU is not going to be a very easy game, it shouldn't be that easy. Don't you think so, what do the other PU-members think?

I like it more with those grunts, once you come in one grunt locks the door and you have to beat 5 grunts first to get to the boss and then beat the boss making the grunts and boss go away.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
1. It would be to easy to get there without having strenght

Why not? The NPC could very tell you to go away, that it's none of your business when you haven't spoken to the man yet, and when you did, he'll battle you.

2. if you put that grunt over there and the second like the farfech'ed (I have played that), it might be fun but you can also heal your pokemon in the centre. And since PU is not going to be a very easy game, it shouldn't be that easy. Don't you think so, what do the other PU-members think?

Well, of course you can put more grunts along the way, that was just an add-on to your quest, while some features were removed.

That, or you can have the grunts have more pokemon, still strong. Other than that, yes, you can make it so that you can't heal. When you attempt to go back, the man tells you:

"Where are you going? They will get away if they know you're no more around!"

And your character is automatically moved one step from the door.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Jerry, don't take it too serieus, it was just my opinion.
After all the team choses the best, I think.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »
As it was for me. When members are submitting quests, I want them to submit good quality quest and I like giving suggestions on how to  improve.

Of course the Team chooses the best. the most likely to be implemented are those which are interesting (have a good plot), have a decent level of difficulty (can be low, medium or high, it will depend on when that quest will be accessible), are feasible in-game, are fun, are not so short that one could very well have done without the quest. Those are some of the factors.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
And I just want to help the team,
since I am too young to be part of the team and
have no experience with mapping or pixel art,
this is the only way for me to help,
but your look on the quest is not bad either.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
Wouldn;t the amount of quests being made put more pressure on the PU team because they have to implement them into the game which I assume takes a while.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »
Well, having some quests right now so that the team might see how they work out, is in the list of the things to test.