* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Sleeping city  (Read 6056 times)

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
[Quest] Sleeping city
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »
This is my first quest idea so don't be to harsh...anyway
You arrive at a city (insert name here) and you notice that its empty ,and all the houses doors are locked. Finally you go to the pokemon center even the nurse is gone.In the center of the city there is a big radio station,when you make it to the station you try to go in but the door is locked,and when you try to walk away you here a jiggly puff and you fall asleep. When you wake up the town is crowded with people and is a normal city.The next time you see the professor you tell him about the city that periodically is a ghost town,he gives you poke earmuffs or something,and you go back.This time yet again everyone is gone,and when you make it to the radio station you here a jiggly puff.But you don't fall asleep this time,you get the door open,and when you go inside you see team rocket (or what ever team you have) everywhere.Slowly you work your way to the top of the radio station so you can stop what ever is going on,and when you make there is the boss of the team(insert name here)he challenges you he has a jiggly puff as one of his pokemon.When you beet him he tells you his plan which is that he uses the radio station to broadcast jiggly puff so that when the city is asleep they can mine for mew artifacts.He gos on to tell you that he wants his own mew o he can create his own breed of pokemon.He also tells you that they were going to use ta city's fossils to pokemon machine to turn what every fossils they found into pokemon.You end up telling the professor everything.He tells you to look out for team(insert name here)then you go about the game like always...THE END 

please tell me what you thought of my quest I really want to know.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 02:33:14 PM by Draagn »

Offline oslash

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Sleeping city
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
most of your idea could be impossible to add to a mmo

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
I fail to see how this quest is impossible its an a remake of the silph .co quest but with different story and plot 

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »
most of your idea could be impossible to add to a mmo

Especially this part:
You arrive at a city (insert name here) and you notice that its empty ,and all the houses doors are locked. ...... When you wake up the town is crowded with people and is a normal city.The next time you see the professor you tell him about the city that periodically is a ghost town,he gives you poke earmuffs or something,and you go back.This time yet again everyone is gone
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »
in an mmo they cant make i to where it only appears to you that everyone is gone because its impossible to make everyone invisible and to make a jigglypuff be there be appear invisible to everyone else also more than one person has to be able to to do quests at once it is a good idea but hard to implement into an mmo.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 04:56:05 PM »
in an mmo they cant make i to where it only appears to you that everyone is gone because its impossible to make everyone invisible and to make a jigglypuff be there be appear invisible to everyone else also more than one person has to be able to to do quests at once it is a good idea but hard to implement into an mmo.

Stuff like this is done all the time in WoW and Runescape. (Im sure in other MMos as well)

Before a player is able to unlock all of the features in an area, the player can only see an empty shell of the town (no people, some buildings cant be seen, etc) until he/she has completed the quest.

Its been done before.

Not sure how difficult it would be to apply something like this but its nothing new.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
correct, this is not impossible to do (but then nothing is), it is merely far too difficult and would create alot of lag. yeah they can do this in large-scale MMO's like WoW and Runescape, but that is because they have very powerful systems, servers, money, etc. in a game like this, it is just too much to make.

however, an easier fix would be to make it so that you can see everyone, in town upon your first visit, but when you talk to them all you get are Zzz's. then everything can go from there.
also, the radio tower would only be accessible to people involved in that part of the quest (you could not reenter after you finish), that way, all the sprites for the evil organization, and anything else, can remain there at all times, but not everyone would see it. this would make for less information (i think) than having visibility, and non visibility.

but.....i digress, in the end, i am not a map editor, and therefore do not know if my assumption about this taking less space is correct or not.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
Stuff like this is done all the time in WoW and Runescape. (Im sure in other MMos as well)

Before a player is able to unlock all of the features in an area, the player can only see an empty shell of the town (no people, some buildings cant be seen, etc) until he/she has completed the quest.

Its been done before.

Not sure how difficult it would be to apply something like this but its nothing new.

Yes I know stuff like can be done they're called "instances". But it's quite hard to make these (especially with the current code) so it's not possible.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:10:12 PM »
I meant no npc's not people and I still think it could be done. This was my first idea for a quest,so for future ideas can you give me like a do's and dont's ,so I know what could work and what defiantly wont.

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »
I meant no npc's not people and I still think it could be done. This was my first idea for a quest,so for future ideas can you give me like a do's and dont's ,so I know what could work and what defiantly wont.

Here, let me tell you what is wrong. Since you still don't know.

You arrive at a city (insert name here) and you notice that its empty ,and all the houses doors are locked. Finally you go to the pokemon center even the nurse is gone.In the center of the city there is a big radio station,when you make it to the station you try to go in but the door is locked,and when you try to walk away you here a jiggly puff and you fall asleep. When you wake up the town is crowded with people and is a normal city.

The problem with this is...PU is an MMO. For example...what happens when you complete it and another person hasn't yet? You both will see different towns which is impossible unless...what Mr Dark said, you need to enter an instance for it to happen.