* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. the Fourth, Esq.  (Read 60206 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. the Fourth, Esq.
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »
You mean "Pittoo" :')

Nah, I'm not going to use what I know will be the cheapest character in the game. Once this hits the MLG circuit, he may get banned. I will main Mario, Pikachu, Shulk, and Greninja, and will only go for competitive play if it is revealed that they included Mewtwo, either in base game or as a DLC. That dudes teleport metagame was a monster in Melee, and I would very much enjoy seeing it back in this game.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2014, 07:32:43 pm »
Little Mac
Megaman
Palutena
Pac-man
[spoiler]Duck hunt dog[/spoiler]

ALL THESE NEWCOMERS

SO LITTLE TIME

Edit: What happened to the spoiler tag? wtf
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »
we never had one. at least not a good one.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Shining Darkness

• Beginning Trainer
  • Lloyd is da Main!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00:18 am »
I got to download and play the demo. I must say, Link has bee given quite the buff, as well as Mario.
It just wasn't your day...

My YT name: Daverio Carter
McLeogGaming Account Name: Sacred Grass

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2014, 05:34:35 am »
I'm injoying Mario and mega man quite a bit. Ive been getting pretty good with me a man he actually seems a little op at the moment.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2014, 04:35:38 pm »
And I'm here, waiting two weeks. At least I have a job to pass the time before I say goodbye to social life completely after this game releases.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2014, 10:15:51 pm »
Miss and I arent getting it untill the wii u version releases. The 3ds version is awesome and all, but the screen size really takes away some of the fun. You get SUPER LOST when there are 4 players. But, 1v1 isn't too bad untill you get the screen zooming out on ya. All in all, I think 3ds version is amazing, just the wii u version will be more competitive friendly.

I really think the wii u version will be SO much better. We'll be playing it on the 32 inch tv, though we will prolly be upgrading to a nice 64 inch tv once my new job kicks in.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2014, 07:13:26 pm »
I was planning on getting the WiiU version only, because I had kind of lost interest in my 3DS (especially including the Pokemon games, I know this is a Pokemon site and I'm still looking forward to the MMO, but there's too much time involved in the handheld versions for me at this point). After playing the demo on the 3DS for smash, I'm sold. I now want to play my 3DS more than ever, and I want smash for both consoles. Problem is, I'm out of money! I may trade in some old games though in order to get it, because I can't wait for Christmas to roll around for me to pick up my copy.

As of right now, I'm fond of Link, but that's likely because he's rather familiar. He was, after all, my main in Brawl. I really like Mega Man as well, but I need to play with him more. My friends all love the Villager.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2014, 07:26:18 pm »
Wait, too much time involved in a game you can beat in like 2-3 days. O.o
I can understand too much time involved in a pokemon mmo, but the console games are beatable within a VERY short amount of time. Unless your into the whole collecting / breeding / competitive play after game. Then it can get time consuming.

Miss said give her your pokemon games then. xD
Damage Calculator

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2014, 08:10:02 pm »
Haha, well I actually meant the post game stuff. I don't have a problem with the story itself, that;s no issue at all where time is concerned. I don't know, the series has just lost a lot of my interest recently.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2014, 08:29:22 pm »
haha series losing interest makes more sense to me. I felt the same way with infamous second son. The only series I have never lost interest in is Final Fantasy.

Everyone loses interest in games they used to play. it happens.
Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
The 3DS one does not interest me much either. I feel like some of the hit boxes and movements on the 3DS version aren't so great ,but that is probably just me.  I am how ever excited to see if there is a "play huge amount of hours" character. Like mewtwo you needed to win 700 matches or have a 20 hour long match in vs mode. I am pretty that was what you needed to do at least. I am beginning to doubt there being any more characters for the 3DS version how ever.

Link seems super fluid and mario is looking good as well. Mega man has a ton of ranged attacks so that might make him near impossible to defeat for those who lack a way to deal with that. Reflects should be able to really hinder him though.

Ganondorfs custom moves give him a sword so that is really cool , I know a lot of people have been wanting that. I am super excited for custom moves although I have not found many people testing them out on twitch. They say "Not going to mess with custom moves right now just going to get right to it" so I have not found many vids showing them.  I found this clip of link's bomb custom not sure if it is real though http://i.minus.com/iAq2uU6K9LPtQ.gif

Who do you think you will be playing a lot of?  I think I will be playing a lot of Peach,Jigglypuff,and zero suit again with Paulatina added to my list.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »
A lot of people have already posted who they will be playing.

I'm excited to see that Nintendo will be releasing patches for the game. Some of those patches being toning down characters and others being toned up. I like balance patches so that characters are not op for the life of the game.
Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:39 pm »
A lot of people have already posted who they will be playing.

I'm excited to see that Nintendo will be releasing patches for the game. Some of those patches being toning down characters and others being toned up. I like balance patches so that characters are not op for the life of the game.

Where did they say this at? I believe you ,but I want to read it my self. Remember how Pokemon X/Y was going to get patches ,but it sort of turned out to be nothing.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2014, 03:04:39 am »
It was in an article in game informer.

The Pokemon patches weren't too bad. I mean they aren't content but they fixed two bugs in the game which was great.
Damage Calculator