* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. the Fourth, Esq.  (Read 60604 times)

Offline Shining Darkness

• Beginning Trainer
  • Lloyd is da Main!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. the Fourth, Esq.
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
I'll definitely be maining Link and Zelda, since I pretty good at getting in close quarters (yes, I use Zelda Hyper-Offensive in melee and brawl, and it worked out for me a lot.) Lucina/Marth and Lucario will also be used and maybe Rosetta and Chiko.

And playing the demo a bit more, I noticed that if you play Link on a counter-acting base, he's a decent check to Villager and Mega Man.

There's also this video of Greninja getting absolutely destroyed by C. Falcon and Little Mac. I'll edit this when I get the url for it.

Le Edito: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hNgg7ZXYFM&list=PLve0inAlvmW9qpikinHLqdVibhi4lQ4Gy&index=6
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:37:23 PM by Shining Darkness »
It just wasn't your day...

My YT name: Daverio Carter
McLeogGaming Account Name: Sacred Grass

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:07 PM »
Right now there's talk of greninja being complete crap and getting outclassed by many other characters.

It's possible that greninja could be the first smash character to see an update for balancing issues.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2014, 03:04:44 AM »
Hey Roloc, since you've played, how is Bowser? Been watching a lot of videos and he seems pretty cool.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2014, 05:22:04 AM »
I've only played the demo, it doesn't have bowser.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Shining Darkness

• Beginning Trainer
  • Lloyd is da Main!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »
Speaking from watching streams of the Japanese version, I can say that Greninja is sort of like a spacing Shiek. Also, Bowser is really easy mode, and he doesn't flinch when he's hit by something that does 2% or less, which is a lot of jab combos.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »
Bowser looks OP like crazy from the little I've seen. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him nerfed a bit (he needed a buff though, but this is a bit too much in my opinion, but I'll save my real judgement until I play it). Regardless, he definitely looks fun to play. I'm so excited for this game, and in fact I even joined Smashboards this week, as well as preordered the game today.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
we never had one. at least not a good one.

Yeah we did, or did we lose it when we got the new PU layout...? :c
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2014, 10:29:42 AM »
Not sure if you ever used it, but it left a black bar which covered your text until you moved your mouse over it. At least that is how I remember the spoiler-tag on this site.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
Not sure if you ever used it, but it left a black bar which covered your text until you moved your mouse over it. At least that is how I remember the spoiler-tag on this site.

Yeah, we had that, and it wasn't the worst spoiler tag I've seen.

What ever happened to it?
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »
How do we know greninja is bad?

Speaking of balance I wonder how different the Wii-U version will be from the 3 DS one? Some animations,sizes, and weight will likely be different on the Wii-U version I imagine. I noticed some of the characters have huge ending lag ,but I think this will be corrected in the Wii-U version. Greninja's aerial smash attacks have weird ending lag on them ,but his animations look smoother in what we have seen of his wii-U game play. Only time will tell but I think the wii-u version will play differently.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 05:08:10 AM »
Because of how many people have used it and say its out classed by other characters.
 Go watch twitch.
Damage Calculator

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:46 AM »
I noticed some of the characters have huge ending lag ,but I think this will be corrected in the Wii-U version. Greninja's aerial smash attacks have weird ending lag on them ,but his animations look smoother in what we have

Games in beta tend to be very large files compared to the final product. This is because one of the final touches is cleaning up the code by reducing it where it can be done without screwing up the game. Or replace it with something more compact. (It's the reason sonic '06 needs a very long time to load... The game was pretty much a rush job, so they didn't clean up the code.) However, I've already noticed that a few games are really pushing the limits of the 3ds. I am not the only one who gets lag during a Pokémon battle when the game gets at a certain camera angle in Pokémon Y. And I've heard people about the newest Monster Hunter having a few lag issues too.

Nintendo's already introduced a 3DS with a bigger processor power. Which is meant for the "Hardcore Gamers". And it would probably their "fix" for the lag issues some of the games have.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »
Because of how many people have used it and say its out classed by other characters.
 Go watch twitch.

How is that a good reason? People saying something is bad in a game that is not even released yet is dumb. He might not be good at all ,but you can't assume he is the worst especially since only a few people can play the game right now. 

@Flamelass
Ending lag is the amount of time it takes for a character to be able to attack after a movement. I was mostly referring to the way some of the characters have weird landing animations that use a lot of frames.  In brawl I think most people could begin attacking after 4 frames while a few others had to wait longer. Ganondorf's used more frames than normal  which really helped him become one of the weakest characters.  I should have been more specific  , my bad flamelass.

Offline Shining Darkness

• Beginning Trainer
  • Lloyd is da Main!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
No character is bad in the game. Greninja has his mind games (on certain stages) with Shadow Sneak, Lucina being the balanced version of Marth, Link has a tipper, C. Falcon has a Ken Combo variant, Shiek's Up-b blows you away when she reappears, Lucario with the aura rage, Ike has better combos, and many more key points to the others. It all depends on your playing style.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Don't mind me kicking ass with Yoshi in Brawl. :') Screw tiers!