* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest line for pokemon  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Spenna

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Quest line for pokemon
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
I think i saw something about being able to level your character up somewhat?

Anyways i was thinking

Every couple of levels ( if they are implemented) you go to prof oak type npc and he gives you a little say 3-5 quest (quest line and once you finish all those quests be it capturing pokemon for him or getting items or even just something as simple as defeating someone in a pokemon battle) and at the end of those quests you get a rare-ish pokemon ( poke's could vary in how long each quest took you to finish or in maybe even having multi choice quests for different outcomes of pokemon and items). Also you can only do those little questlines once so whichever pokemon/items you get from it are there to say unless ofcourse you trade them away.

My second idea is

Having quests that turn up everytime you level up like allot of mmorpg games and also being able to wander into the wilderness and finding random npc's with quests to find other people/pokemon for them which can then turn into more quests. Another think could be being able to complete them with other people say one of your friends cant complete the quest on his/her own caus its to difficult so once you get to that quest you can team up in a little team/party type way and both help eachother to complete the different quests ( also this could be implemented into only a couple of quests not all of them, to stop people teaming up 24/7 to complete every quest before you can bring them into place) .

Spenna

zylonnick

Re: Quest line for pokemon
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
Quests will already be implented.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Hm... I think that with the current ideas, there will be plenty enough of quests. For the time being, there will be like a notice board where quests are put daily/hourly (not decided yet when they are renewed/changed). But it's not a bad idea :)

The second one is not bad either but what do you actually mean by "turn up everytime you level up". I know I would be bugged if there was some kind of notice thing always prompting me that I have quests unlocked. Because for example, I might be planning to get to a gym and get a badge when I get a quest and as soon as I finish it, another quest and so on and so forth, if you see where I'm getting at. At the end, I'd be left with many quests done but without the badge I planned to get.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Spenna

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »
yeah as for that part you just mentioned with the badges and the quests i was thinking like secondary quest type things that didnt need to be done but could be whenever you fancied doing something other than just searching for pokemon or doing gym battles and stuff :) but yeah i understand what your gettin at with it.

Spenna

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
yeah as for that part you just mentioned with the badges and the quests i was thinking like secondary quest type things that didnt need to be done but could be whenever you fancied doing something other than just searching for pokemon or doing gym battles and stuff :) but yeah i understand what your gettin at with it.

Spenna
In other words.. you talking about "optional side quests" that can be done anytime you want. :) They're the quests that does not link with the main story quest. Am I right?

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:40 AM »

Spenna
In other words.. you talking about "optional side quests" that can be done anytime you want. :) They're the quests that does not link with the main story quest. Am I right?

You mean that every quest not related to progressing through a pokemon game ISN'T a side quest?

Believe me, all MMOs have side quests. Thats not something that needs to be suggested.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Spenna

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
I know that but i was just throwing it out there and i wasnt really suggesting on having side quests. i was suggesting ideas for side quests.

zylonnick

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
We have some pretty talented quest writers working on that, so don't worry about it. You can always try to write a quest yourself, following the instructions of the 'How to write a quest'-topic in the 'quests & plots' section.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:06:10 PM by Ponge »

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »
We have some pretty talented quest writers working on that, so don't worry about it. You can always try to write a quest yourself, following the instructions of the 'How to write a quest'-topic in the 'quests & plots' section.
Haha.. :)

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
The first idea is a good one. I would want that in the game.

About the second one: ever thought about getting a new gym badge allready is a kind of level up for the trainer, the only difference is that they don't call it level up, but:
1. you can use a new HM outside battle
2. you can trade higher level pokemon that will obey you
3. you can get further because people that hold you from traveling further disappear
4. with the new towns you can buy better items like ultra ball in stead of great ball
So you acually allready have trainer level-ups
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

zylonnick

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »
The first idea is a good one. I would want that in the game.

About the second one: ever thought about getting a new gym badge allready is a kind of level up for the trainer, the only difference is that they don't call it level up, but:
1. you can use a new HM outside battle
2. you can trade higher level pokemon that will obey you
3. you can get further because people that hold you from traveling further disappear
4. with the new towns you can buy better items like ultra ball in stead of great ball
So you acually allready have trainer level-ups

There will be people wo aren't focussed on winning badges, so they would't be able to move outside a small area if they follow your idea. These things will depend on the trainer level they will implent, so don't worry about them.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »
There will be people wo aren't focussed on winning badges, so they would't be able to move outside a small area if they follow your idea. These things will depend on the trainer level they will implent, so don't worry about them.

You mean you will be able to focus on other things like being contestant or ranger?
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 06:43:26 PM »
Quests for instance form a big part of PU. As for the others, I'm pretty sure they are on the low priority list.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
Quests for instance form a big part of PU. As for the others, I'm pretty sure they are on the low priority list.
Lol... I can understand that.. :)