* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Which came first: The Pokemon, or the Egg?  (Read 13336 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Which came first: The Pokemon, or the Egg?
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »
The philosophical question now revised for pokemon. Don't think of it in terms of the game, use your imagination. I believe it started with the egg that held Arceus, and then came everything else.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Which came first: The Pokemon, or the Egg?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:35:32 AM »
The Pokemon: simply because of two things.

1) No warmth, No hatching, and Eggs cant create anything O.o

2) Where would the egg have come from?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:51:18 AM »
seeing as it's Pokemon, a cartoon, i don't think logic has to take place so i believe the egg came first for your same reason.
It's over 9000!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:16:44 AM »
If the creator of everything always existed, it couldn't have hatched from an egg because it already existed. If it hatched from an egg, then something else must have created it.

There's a problem with that statement though.

How could the creator have always existed if it didn't have a point in time that it came into existence? If it hatched from an egg, then how did the egg come into existence in the first place if it's the creator. If it was an egg, something had to have created the egg. But if it didn't hatch from an egg, it already existed, but there's no way to explain how it would be possible for something to exist without coming into existence first.

This can also be applied to religion and the belief that space already existed.

There's no way to really explain it, it's beyond human comprehension, so even if we found proof, we would still never be able to truly understand it.

So there really isn't a correct answer, because no one knows, and no one probably ever will know.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:29:14 AM »
If the creator of everything always existed, it couldn't have hatched from an egg because it already existed. If it hatched from an egg, then something else must have created it.

There's a problem with that statement though.

How could the creator have always existed if it didn't have a point in time that it came into existence? If it hatched from an egg, then how did the egg come into existence in the first place if it's the creator. If it was an egg, something had to have created the egg. But if it didn't hatch from an egg, it already existed, but there's no way to explain how it would be possible for something to exist without coming into existence first.

This can also be applied to religion and the belief that space already existed.

There's no way to really explain it, it's beyond human comprehension, so even if we found proof, we would still never be able to truly understand it.

So there really isn't a correct answer, because no one knows, and no one probably ever will know.

There actually is an answer, the creators of Pokemon know, like i said logic doesn't have to take place in a cartoon but in real life no one would know because whether the egg or the chicken came first is irrelevant because both of them are an object. The question is how was the first object made?
It's over 9000!

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:27:50 AM »
I think the egg came first but of course how the egg came to be is the big question and i think its a mystery that cant really be solved.
Who the hell do you think i am!!!

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 05:00:08 AM »
The Pokemon: simply because of two things.

1) No warmth, No hatching, and Eggs cant create anything O.o

2) Where would the egg have come from?

Exacty, and you can't just randomly have an egg.  Something had to have had it, but where that "something" came from i don't know, but an egg could not have come first.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:08:05 AM »
It was the egg.
At some point in time, an ancient creature very similar to a Pokemon laid an egg that hatched into a Pokemon as we know it, due to evolution.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »
the pokemon came first simple as that, as the cell divides it eventually may get to a certain point where instead of splitting in two for reproduction it produces an egg in an asexual manner, then over time natural selection causes the union of two creatures to create an egg that will pass down the best genes of each parent therefore strengthening the natural selection. :)
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »
the pokemon came first simple as that, as the cell divides it eventually may get to a certain point where instead of splitting in two for reproduction it produces an egg in an asexual manner, then over time natural selection causes the union of two creatures to create an egg that will pass down the best genes of each parent therefore strengthening the natural selection. :)
Someone payed attention in their biology class. I never did. Still got an A- though.  ;D

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »
Someone payed attention in their biology class. I never did. Still got an A- though.  ;D

actually I hated biology, I'm just going off of my own ideas.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 07:07:36 AM »
I basically believe in the universe, karma and positive energy.

So, I guess, Pokemon all started with a big bang.

seeing as it's Pokemon, a cartoon, i don't think logic has to take place so i believe the egg came first for your same reason.

In a same sense life is just a cartoon.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:19:26 AM »
For those of you who have one of the D/P/Pt games; Go to Canaclave Library and read the books there. Arcues was born from a giant egg made from nothing. It just popped up there and then hatched. From there the rest of the universe was made. Thats pretty much the answer. Its not like real world logic where it wouldn't make since if the egg just came from nowhere. This is pokemon...the laws of physics, philosiphy, and logic don't apply.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
For those of you who have one of the D/P/Pt games; Go to Canaclave Library and read the books there. Arcues was born from a giant egg made from nothing. It just popped up there and then hatched. From there the rest of the universe was made. Thats pretty much the answer. Its not like real world logic where it wouldn't make since if the egg just came from nowhere. This is pokemon...the laws of physics, philosiphy, and logic don't apply.
That's how I concluded my answer, straight from those games. Now I know that I'm not the only one that pays attention to dialogue.

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 10:50:18 AM »
That's how I concluded my answer, straight from those games. Now I know that I'm not the only one that pays attention to dialogue.
Derp i remember reading that.
Who the hell do you think i am!!!