* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Which came first: The Pokemon, or the Egg?  (Read 13337 times)

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Which came first: The Pokemon, or the Egg?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
For those of you who have one of the D/P/Pt games; Go to Canaclave Library and read the books there. Arcues was born from a giant egg made from nothing. It just popped up there and then hatched. From there the rest of the universe was made. Thats pretty much the answer. Its not like real world logic where it wouldn't make since if the egg just came from nowhere. This is pokemon...the laws of physics, philosiphy, and logic don't apply.
i also think egg came first and from that egg arceus came.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:04:11 AM »
If the creator of everything always existed, it couldn't have hatched from an egg because it already existed. If it hatched from an egg, then something else must have created it.

There's a problem with that statement though.

How could the creator have always existed if it didn't have a point in time that it came into existence? If it hatched from an egg, then how did the egg come into existence in the first place if it's the creator. If it was an egg, something had to have created the egg. But if it didn't hatch from an egg, it already existed, but there's no way to explain how it would be possible for something to exist without coming into existence first.

This can also be applied to religion and the belief that space already existed.

There's no way to really explain it, it's beyond human comprehension, so even if we found proof, we would still never be able to truly understand it.

So there really isn't a correct answer, because no one knows, and no one probably ever will know.

Very True, If a creator did always exist.. then there wouldnt have been an egg.
Not until said creator creates an egg.

Since the "creator" in this case was a pokemon, then Indeed, the pokemon came before the egg.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
If the creator of everything always existed, it couldn't have hatched from an egg because it already existed. If it hatched from an egg, then something else must have created it.

How could the creator have always existed if it didn't have a point in time that it came into existence? If it hatched from an egg, then how did the egg come into existence in the first place if it's the creator. If it was an egg, something had to have created the egg. But if it didn't hatch from an egg, it already existed, but there's no way to explain how it would be possible for something to exist without coming into existence first.

There's no way to really explain it, it's beyond human comprehension, so even if we found proof, we would still never be able to truly understand it.

So there really isn't a correct answer, because no one knows, and no one probably ever will know.

There actually is an answer, the creators of Pokemon know, like i said logic doesn't have to take place in a cartoon...
There is an answer, but there isn't a CORRECT answer, because humans can't know how something could always exist, because it's beyond human comprehension. The creators would know, because they're superior beings with superior minds, and they can comprehend it. I know logic doesn't have to be used to answer a question about a TV show, but you could still use it to some extent.

...but in real life no one would know because whether the egg or the chicken came first is irrelevant because both of them are an object. The question is how was the first object made?
The question of whether the chicken or the egg came first isn't made irrelevant by asking how the first object was made, it's just a question that brings you to another another question.
The first questions asks whether the chicken or the egg came first, the second question asks how whichever one that came first came into existence in the first place.

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:24 AM »
I went to the Canaclave Library and it might of maybe said something about an egg coming out a vortex that formed from chaos...........Still an egg from nothingness is impossible!!!

Offline Ziger

• Beginning Trainer
  • Water is the heartbeat of river, the flow of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:21 AM »
 I belive it came when Arceus created Dialga and Palkia to create the earth, regions, and Space and time. then the rest of the pokemon came to be! |_|

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 04:25:19 AM »
I went to the Canaclave Library and it might of maybe said something about an egg coming out a vortex that formed from chaos...........Still an egg from nothingness is impossible!!!

This is pokemon; animals shoot fire and lightning out of there faces, distort time and reality, fly, emit vass amounts of water from their mouths (more than they would be able to hold in there body), break laws of physics on a daily bassis, break the laws of sexual nature (HSOWA), create energy out of thin air without the reprecautions of entropy, survive constant beatings physical beatings from flamethrowers, flying rocks, earthquakes, and electrical shocks, and no 10-year-old trainer has EVER been injured despite this; and you are saying that an egg appearing out of this air is impossible...?

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:54 AM »
Noah, relax. Even I understand that in a fictional world, everything and anything can and will happen. Just let them be.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 05:16:43 AM »
I know I was making a joke. You just can't question reality in pokemon.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 01:11:28 AM »
True....I kinda thought it was funny that you spelled all those big words right but you accidentally spelled thin wrong :)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 01:16:22 AM »
I don't want to get into a religious discussion.

That seemed to be what was about to go down.

XD

Anyways, I agree. I think the egg with Arceus just came to be.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:24 AM »
Alright, we shall conclude with the egg first. I thought this thread was done for, but lets put it to rest, shall we? :)

Offline Signiture

• Beginning Trainer
  • ~Galvantula~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 11:03:02 PM »
OBJECTION!
Pokemon makes no sense whatsoever.
Exhibit A: exeggcute The Egg is a pokemon. eggs hatch from eggs. therefore, eggs and pokemon are one and the same.
Quote from: pokemon online
(15:23:50) pokemon101090: siren unmute me in tours PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE
(15:24:14) ±Dratini: pokemon101090 was muted by IFM for 3 hours! [Reason: no] [Channel: Tohjo Falls]

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
..... And it begins again. -_-

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »
But the book in the Canaclave library said that the egg came first. But if it's a book about Mythology, I guess there's no way to tell whether it's right or not. Which is why I used my answer, it's a neutral answer because no one will ever truly know(Whether it's pokemon or not.)

So the conclusion is: Either one could have come first, because there's no way to actually tell which one came first, because it (supposedly) came before humans, and because humans wrote about it, they could be wrong since it happened before they even existed. There's no way to be sure, so there's no point in discussing it further.(Again, this applies to religion too.)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 12:48:53 AM »
But the book in the Canaclave library said that the egg came first. But if it's a book about Mythology, I guess there's no way to tell whether it's right or not. Which is why I used my answer, it's a neutral answer because no one will ever truly know(Whether it's pokemon or not.)

So the conclusion is: Either one could have come first, because there's no way to actually tell which one came first, because it (supposedly) came before humans, and because humans wrote about it, they could be wrong since it happened before they even existed. There's no way to be sure, so there's no point in discussing it further.(Again, this applies to religion too.)
Thank you, please put it to rest.