* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Idea hub  (Read 15659 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: Idea hub
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »
*gets his gunblade ready* I say lets do it and say we did.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 03:26:50 AM »
Jimmy, why so pesimistic?
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 03:29:59 AM »
Jimmy, why so pesimistic?
I guess I'm just in that kinda mood, but enough with the spamming of this thread.  Only post if you have an idea.
sup

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 03:42:52 AM »
I did post an idea, you shot it down. If anyone is spamming, it's you. This will be my last post here, since I see it's getting a bit heated.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:11 AM »
I did post an idea, you shot it down. If anyone is spamming, it's you. This will be my last post here, since I see it's getting a bit heated.

Agreed.

another idea - A good idea would be a screen shot button to catch anyone doing things against PU rules. This would also be helpful if someone is offering a service like level up but they don't give your Pokemon back.
It's over 9000!

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 04:11:30 AM »

Agreed.

another idea - A good idea would be a screen shot button to catch anyone doing things against PU rules. This would also be helpful if someone is offering a service like level up but they don't give your Pokemon back.

Just use the print screen key on your keyboard. it copies what you can currently see on your screen. then just paste it on paint and save it.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:03 AM »

Agreed.

Just use the print screen key on your keyboard. it copies what you can currently see on your screen. then just paste it on paint and save it.

Oh i forgot about that  :P
It's over 9000!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:07 AM »

Agreed.

If you give away your pokemon to another trainer, I'm sorry but your not too bright.

Also I have an idea for gyms. 

Ok we're at the first gym.  The games leaders are usually lvl 10-15.  If you grind you can make the gym challenge easy because the leaders pokemon are always the same level.  Well I propose that the leaders pokemon vary based on the challengers team.  The leaders sig pokemon will always be one or two levels higher than the highest leveled pokemon on your team.  and the others will vary from one or two levels below to the same level.

There would also be a floor, ex: the first gym's pokemon will never be lower than 10 and the sig pokemon will never be lower than 12.

I think this would make the gym's challenging and add a level of strategy to the game.  You can't just run in after grinding and get an easy win.  It would make you need to think and plan the best way to achieve victory.  Also the badges would hold more meaning (at least in my eyes).

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 04:34:59 AM »

If you give away your pokemon to another trainer, I'm sorry but your not too bright.

Ok we're at the first gym.  The games leaders are usually lvl 10-15.  If you grind you can make the gym challenge easy because the leaders pokemon are always the same level.  Well I propose that the leaders pokemon vary based on the challengers team.  The leaders sig pokemon will always be one or two levels higher than the highest leveled pokemon on your team.  and the others will vary from one or two levels below to the same level.

There would also be a floor, ex: the first gym's pokemon will never be lower than 10 and the sig pokemon will never be lower than 12.

I think this would make the gym's challenging and add a level of strategy to the game.  You can't just run in after grinding and get an easy win.  It would make you need to think and plan the best way to achieve victory.  Also the badges would hold more meaning (at least in my eyes).

I like this idea. It gives the trainer a challenge and makes them actually use their brain to win.
sup

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:33 AM »

Agreed.

Theirs going to be currency in the game so people are going to open services like that, iv'e seen it in every mmo iv'e played, so "If you give away your pokemon to another trainer, I'm sorry but your not too bright" is not true. It would be true if you gave it to a stranger to hold on to for a while.

also i like your idea but then it would be easy to beat them because what if a player under trains he would have it easy.
It's over 9000!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:52 AM »
Not really because the levels vary each trainer would have the same challenge, the floor keeps people from walking in with lvl 5's.  Like if you walked into the sixth gym with a team of 10's the floor would be set at like say 40.  You would get crushed.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 04:44:11 AM »
Not really because the levels vary each trainer would have the same challenge, the floor keeps people from walking in with lvl 5's.  Like if you walked into the sixth gym with a team of 10's the floor would be set at like say 40.  You would get crushed.

Oh ok i read it wrong at first, yea this is a good idea staff should consider it
It's over 9000!

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 04:50:13 AM »

[/quote]

i want to ask one stupid question. I only ask this because my brother does this for fun. BUT! Are you going to write the script to make the gym leader's pokes lv to change. I don't know much about the subject, is that an easy task or is my worry valid?

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 04:51:57 AM »
Wow, this took off, and these are good ideas. The starter one was discussed in "Veteran Room" or something.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 04:52:06 AM »

i want to ask one stupid question. I only ask this because my brother does this for fun. BUT! Are you going to write the script to make the gym leader's pokes lv to change. I don't know much about the subject, is that an easy task or is my worry valid?
[/quote]

But what if the first gym leader levels to like 20 -30's ..... LOL i would feel sorry for the newbies
It's over 9000!