* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: "Guild" Related Idea  (Read 14061 times)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
"Guild" Related Idea
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
Okay, so with all the chatter about guilds lately, I have sort of thought of an idea, which I have attempted to search for on the forums.  Since I can't find my idea I figured I would post it.  Anyway
my idea is basically that if the Pu staff plans on having "guild" halls/homes/castle/etc. The guild could have the option to design a Guild home, once the guild reached a certain rank(assuming there will be ranks to limit number of members per rank and such).  To do this a person in the guild( or hired by the guild) could design a building(both the exterior and interior).

If the design is deemed good by the guild that has created the design the design could then be submitted to a pixel artist team member, who then will either approve or disapprove the design, this pixel artist could either be the head artist or just one of the normal artist, don't see if it matters much.  If the design is approved by the pixel artist team, then it could possibly go to the full team to see what they think(although I don't deem this necessary simply because If guild homes are implemented into Pu they would probably be in an instanced area, only allowed to be seen by the guild members).

In the guild hall depended on the guilds "rank" there could be various shops, and a meeting hall and maybe even and guild pokemon center.  Another thing that may be useful in a guild hall would be a repeatable quest board, which basically could give guilds daily quests(for each member) that part of the reward would go to the guild, while the majority would go to the member who completed the quest.

Okay that's my idea for now, not sure what else to add as I feel a bit tired.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
Re: "Guild" Related Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
That would be awesome if Fruit Puch had like sponge bobs house  :o i like this idea
It's over 9000!

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »
That would be awesome if Fruit Puch had like sponge bobs house  :o i like this idea

fruit's punch would not have a pineapple house

Offline Ziger

• Beginning Trainer
  • Water is the heartbeat of river, the flow of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »
I think its a good idea. sounds cool.  ;D

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »
hopeful for more comments :)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »
nice idea. now don't every one start pestering the team to take this idea... PLEASE!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:35 AM »
I like it. My guild would have a small castle of course. Or a guard tower. Im good with either if this idea lifts off.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 12:51:13 AM »
idea deserves bumpage  8)
It's over 9000!

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »
idea deserves bumpage  8)

why thank you :)

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
 Well I kind of assumed it would be possible to build your own Guild Hall, since I read that maybe be able to build your own home. So I thought if nothing else, I could use my own home to create a Guild Hall...

Anyways good idea, what I would change though is that we should ask the Pixel Artists, and not submit to them. Since they do not have to do anything with the Guilds unless they are in it, they are not obliged to convert our plans into pixel art. Unless of course he would like to.

The other thing I can think of is to recruit a Pixel Artist for your own Guild - in our case Fruit's Punch - so that he can do the job, and the finished work now could be submitted to the Team. If they approve we would have a Guild House/Hall.

That would be awesome if Fruit Punch had like sponge bobs house  :o i like this idea

Sorry I hate Spongebob so no.  Also notice the tiny edit, it should be richer with an 'n' :P 
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
Well I kind of assumed it would be possible to build your own Guild Hall, since I read that maybe be able to build your own home. So I thought if nothing else, I could use my own home to create a Guild Hall...

Anyways good idea, what I would change though is that we should ask the Pixel Artists, and not submit to them. Since they do not have to do anything with the Guilds unless they are in it, they are not obliged to convert our plans into pixel art. Unless of course he would like to.

The other thing I can think of is to recruit a Pixel Artist for your own Guild - in our case Fruit's Punch - so that he can do the job, and the finished work now could be submitted to the Team. If they approve we would have a Guild House/Hall.

That would be awesome if Fruit Punch had like sponge bobs house  :o i like this idea

Sorry I hate Spongebob so no.  Also notice the tiny edit, it should be richer with an 'n' :P
What I mean by submit to a pixel artist, is not actually them doing the art for you but having someone in the guild create it for the guild and then submit it to the pixel artist team for approval.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
I don't think that would hurt, since PU is already allowing character customisation, I guess that building too might get on that list as well :)

Just like pokemon battle sprites might be later on, once the current set of battle sprites is complete.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

I see no one can take  a joke......  :P
It's over 9000!

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 10:05:53 PM »
Also, what if the Guilds had several facilities.
a Rank 1 Guild might have a healing machine, a sparring ring, and some furniture...

...While other higher rank guilds might have training reward centers (I.E. you can set up a reward program for lower level trainers), a "bank", or even stores that offer slightly cheaper items (profits would go toward the bank.)

how does that sound?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Also, what if the Guilds had several facilities.
a Rank 1 Guild might have a healing machine, a sparring ring, and some furniture...

...While other higher rank guilds might have training reward centers (I.E. you can set up a reward program for lower level trainers), a "bank", or even stores that offer slightly cheaper items (profits would go toward the bank.)

how does that sound?

very awesome!