* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: the pokemon that got cheated  (Read 13763 times)

Offline Ice Warrior Astral

• Normal Trainer
  • I don't suck, I refuse to be cheap.
    • View Profile
Re: the pokemon that got cheated
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
Noah,I have a hard time dealing with Herracross.Herracross + Choice Band +Moxie + Stone Edge or Close Combat= One screwed Ice Warrior.

P.S. Blaziken + Speed Boost + Swords Dance + Blaze Kick = Lost sanity.If found please return it to the Ice Warrior.Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:09:13 PM by Ice Warrior Astral »

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
Noah,I have a hard time dealing with Herracross.Herracross + Choice Band +Moxie + Stone Edge or Close Combat= One screwed Ice Warrior.

P.S. Blaziken + Speed Boost + Blaze Kick = Lost sanity.If found please return it to the Ice Warrior.Thanks.

I know how you feel Ms.Ice :(
Scarfed Moxie Herracross gives me a great deal of trouble. I usually just take it out with Jirachi though.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
Just any pokemon that's doubly weak to rocks after stealth rocks was introduced.

Actually I'd rather it get the higher base speed than speed boost, though I do appreciate a water type getting that ability. I guess speed boost makes up for it, but you need to have focus sash and prtect to get any speed boosts off.

You could use protect.  I think he can learn it from a TM.  That would let you get one boost in for free.

Offline BlueFairy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
Just any pokemon that's doubly weak to rocks after stealth rocks was introduced.

Actually I'd rather it get the higher base speed than speed boost, though I do appreciate a water type getting that ability. I guess speed boost makes up for it, but you need to have focus sash and prtect to get any speed boosts off.

You could use protect.  I think he can learn it from a TM.  That would let you get one boost in for free.

This. I thought the most common set for a sharpedo was waterfall, aqua jet, crunch and protect

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 05:21:11 PM »
That is the most common set. Although some switch Aqua Jet for Earthquake.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »
I did mention protect in my post. It just seems odd to have a sweeper like that use protect.

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
I'd put Ice Fang on it to protect it from grass types.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »
I did mention protect in my post. It just seems odd to have a sweeper like that use protect.

Sorry, I missed that.  But, protect is very useful for pokemon with speed boost.  Though personally as an ability it's extremely over-powered. (I know I run a speed boost blaziken but, as far as a mono-fire teams goes it's kind of needed on PO)

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 05:29:16 PM »
Thank God, SB Blaziken is not allowed in monotype anymore but it is kind of a letdown for the Blaze version.

zylonnick

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »

P.S. Blaziken + Speed Boost + Swords Dance + Blaze Kick = Lost sanity.If found please return it to the Ice Warrior.Thanks.

Just use a Froslass with Destiny Bond + Focus Sash (the rest of the set being Shadow Ball, Ice Beam and Spikes). This pokémon is the ideal hazard lead in my opinion, it's so hard to get past it without your pokémon dying to it.  This pokémon can make those Blaziken and Heracross cry when they are taken down in her fall ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:39:36 PM by Ponge »

Offline BlueFairy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »
It's a nice lead, but i kind of like her as a status inducer rather than a lead/sacrificial lamb (more so in a mono ice team). She's the only ice poke that can switch in a fighting move, and with her speed she can easily paralyze or confuse her target first.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »
I won't argue that speed boost is kind of overpowered. Ninjask is a well known speed booster, and it's quite hard to keep him from passing speed boost to some slow but powerful pokemon unless you have a multihit move to punch through substitute. Or feint to punch through protect.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Every single pokemon got cheated, you name it, it got cheated. Most of these new abilities are pointless for the older gens, since some of them don't make sense, like the unnerve ability, which I feel is a filler ability. I have yet to find an opponent that loves berries for that ability. I don't care how you analyze it, I don't care what set you have that makes it usable, the point is, they all were cheated, hands down. This thread isn't about battle strategy, it's about what got cheated and why.

Houndoom for one with Unnerve (yeah, I'm going there). It limits his move pool for an ability I wouldn't wipe my *** with if it was printed on toilet paper.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
Unnerve isn't the worst ability out there. Berries can do a lot of things like heal status, reduce damage, and boost stats. They've expanded on berries quite a bit, so they made an ability to keep the opponent from using them. Sure it's not as cool as speed boost, mold breaker, or the abilities that give immunities, but it's not awful.

I know the rindo berry has saved my Swampert's butt a number of times from a surprise grass attack, and then there's the sub petaya Empoleon set.

Yes it's situational, but it's not worthless.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
unnerve is one of the few things that destroys my exeggutor wall with harvest and chesto berry
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"