* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: the pokemon that got cheated  (Read 13761 times)

Offline Ice Warrior Astral

• Normal Trainer
  • I don't suck, I refuse to be cheap.
    • View Profile
Re: the pokemon that got cheated
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
I wish that there was an ability that boosts bite related moves.If you want to what I would call it I'd call it Sharp Fang.
Boost bite related moves by 25%.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:45:52 PM by Ice Warrior Astral »

Offline Juno

• Beginning Trainer
  • Black FC: 2580 2446 7184 Message me for a battle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 06:50:49 AM »
A good bunch of Pokemon are cheated by having low stats, this cheats them out of ever being used and ever getting any glory on a tourney team. Which is why I am happy about PU and its balancing teams!!! Thank you all!!!
Some wisdom that I have stumbled across or figured out would go great here... Too bad I just live life to have fun with friends and family. I don't worry about fights or money, I just live. No wisdom there just a way to get by.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »
Beedrill, Butterfree and all the other bug Pokemon that have low stats just cause they evolve fast.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline zorocario

• Normal Trainer
  • then i grow up, ima take over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
i got to agree with roloc with roloc statement i think beedrill and other bug created in the first generation need upgrade becuase pokemon now coming out for the 5 generation and 6th will be more sweeter then the 1st to 5 generation pokemon

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
Venemoth is an acception.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
how, venomoth is just as pathetic as all other first gen bugs. Te best bug in the first generation was scyther,second best after all changes buterfree. Venmoth has always sucked, shes never been better than pincer or parasect (which ppl never use because of all the weakness)

honestly i dont think any pokemon got cheated the cold truth is a lot of pokemon arent here for battling some are there for contest some for that pokethon thingy others just to take up space u keep seeing the same pokemon over and over because u are doing nothing but battling. some pokemon were made for story purposes or so that certain items could exist... mew has protected so much stuff but is not the best psychic legendary choice for battle... all i'm saying is all pokemon werent made for battling purposes if u watch the episodes movies and read the manga... no pokemon got cheated except second stage pokemon who can pretty much all be beat by their first forms now that eviolet exist.
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »
Yeah, but the games are all about battling.  I mean that's how the story advances.  It's not like you go around collecting contest ribbons.  A pokemon not suited well for battle is a pokemon that got cheated, end of story.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
I'm on the fence about that. Surely contests would do better if there were pokemon well suited for them. Cute pokemon with lots of good cute moves, tough looking pokemon with lots of tough moves, and so on.

Last time I paid attention to contests, I think one of the easiest pokemon to win a cute contest with was barboach. He's far from the cutest pokemon around. Not even the cutest water or ground type.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:27:29 PM by Chad29 »

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
Honestly, I did one contest.  Then never wanted to do one again.  It was a dumb addition to a game that frankly didn't need it.  And don't get me started on the musicals...

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
I think they did make it a bit complicated, but I don't see it as a bad thing. It's not hurting anything.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »
Well, if contests included battling too.... I think it would be more interesting :P

Also eviolite only increase the defenses. Meaning that walls are the ones to benefit it the most. A Sneasel holding an eviolite is not that better as compared to its Weavile counterpart, with greater speed and atk stats.

And I think that the way contests were introduced in RSE isn't really that good, though the pokemon contests in DPPt, I believe were less good than the original ones. More could be involved to ensure that there is a fairer way to judge the winner of a contest. I mean, like most Water and Grass-types attack increase the beauty appeal of a pokemon. Fighting goes into Coolness and Toughness mainly, Ground into Toughness, Normal into Cute and so on. But come on, one move, I think can score in more than one field, depending on the way it is used. Hence, the why I think a better contest system could be made, though it doesn't really sound realistic at that point.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:29 PM »
DeaDea, Evolite increased any NFE pokemon's defs. even if it is a second evo. Take Pory2 and Dusclops for example. They now outclass their evolutions with Evolite.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
the description i read said only unevolved pokemon if thats not the case y dont more ppl use chansey...

and im sry but i still say no pokemon got cheated u are just all telling me that ur not contest players ppl that are would dissagree with u ppl an i happen to love the contest in the emerald game.. its a way to give glory to those who dont battle and i think the worse thing the creators ever did to contest was put battles in them in the episodes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:41:57 PM by deadae »
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"