* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Motion gaming.  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
Motion gaming.
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:37 pm »
Hey guys, I couldn't find a topic for this so I just made one.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion of motion gaming is. 

I personally hate it.  It's annoying having to wave my arms around like a moron in order to play a game.  I mean the only games I play on the Wii are the ones where you can use a gamecube controller. (Smash brothers, Mario cart)

When I play games I want to relax, not exercise.  (I already go to the gym everyday, *I'm trying to get in shape for ski-season*)  So when I come home the last thing I want is to have to move around like an asshole in order to play a dam game.

I personally own an xbox 360 and I think the kinect is one of the worst things ever. 

Now looking towards the future, I hope game developers don't think motion gaming is "the next big thing."  I mean Playstation released the eye toy years ago and it kind of flopped...

In short, I hate motion gaming and feel that it will do the same thing that 3d is doing to the movie industry.  Movies in 3d are more about the 3d and less about plot, setting, characters, etc...

I feel that game developers will focus to much on the motion part and forget the game entirely.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Motion gaming.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:30:28 pm »
Yeah, but motion gaming also has a bit of skill to it. The kinect takes it a step further to where you need you body to be precise, which is a good thing for me, since I do long-board, and I need to position myself in a certain way.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »
And some people do need exercise. It's not for people like you who go to the gym frequently, it's for those who can't. :P

Well, anyway, it does add a new level of difficulty and is sort of a step forward to you being in full control of a character. I've always wanted to be a game where you do have full control on a character, like in this SpyKids3 movie XD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:23:04 am »
To be honest, I hate the wii motion controller because you have to flail your arms around like an assylum prisoner, AND you have to constantly refill your batteries. However, I think the motion control on tablet devices is much better, as well as more realistic. Meh
*insert creative signature here*

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:52 am »
As long as game devs don't go too overboard with the motion, so like yousaid you end up waving your arms likean idiot, then i think motion gaming is a great idea, it gives you a little more of a feeling that you are controlling he game. Well that is my opinion of course.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:06:25 am »
 Well so far I don't like motion control either, but maybe once it gets more advanced... who knows. I would love to play an FPS game where I am the one running, jumping crouching and shooting. Until then it's back to paint-ball.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:41:59 am »
Well so far I don't like motion control either, but maybe once it gets more advanced... who knows. I would love to play an FPS game where I am the one running, jumping crouching and shooting. Until then it's back to paint-ball.

I love paintball, I actually just played the other day.  I've got a tippman custom.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:19:11 am »
Too many fat kids in america, in all honesty i find people who let it go too far disgusting.

Motion gaming need to go: cheap, mainstream, and mass production.

i personally find it fun but i don't own one.
It's over 9000!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:21 am »
Too many fat kids in america, in all honesty i find people who let it go too far disgusting.

Motion gaming need to go: cheap, mainstream, and mass production.

i personally find it fun but i don't own one.

I agree there are to many fat/lazy kids in america.  I was a fat kid for a while, though I had medical reasons.  I couldn't breath and spent my entire life on antibiotics.  After my surgery (wish I got it earlier in life)  I'm now able to work out and run without dying for breath.  I'm proud to say I've lost 30 pounds from where I was before.

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »
i dont like motion gaming.

Offline Shadow92

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 11:34:29 am »
LOL, i hate it too!!! im a MASSIVE PC FREAK SO THAT MEANS MOUSE AIMING Is the only way i can own at gaming! ;D

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:14 am »
I like motion gaming, swinging my arms, as apposed to just pressing buttons, is much more fun and rewarding.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:38 am »
I do like motion gaming.
It gives more feeling that you are the person who is in the game. Like in legend of Zelda you have to swing the wii-remote to swing your sword stuff like that.

The only problem is that they use far too casual games with motion like dancing, I hate dancing, If I want to do sports I want to do it outside and run for myself instead of smashing the ball and then wait for my character to run around.

Thing is, not all gamers excersise so the motion-hype is to make the gamer stand up out it's lazy chair and move to play.

It's a cool idea but they should come up with better games.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline zorocario

• Normal Trainer
  • then i grow up, ima take over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 03:26:53 pm »
I think motion gaming is just a waste of time. because if i want to walk around like an idoit i can go outside and do that plus its put the worst 2 thing together working out and fun gaming.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »
Why not?

Instead of ONLY working out or ONLY gaming...? Sounds more boring to me than motion gaming.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...