* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Lingering Shadows Quest  (Read 3671 times)

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Lingering Shadows Quest
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »
This quest features the return of the shadow pokemon which I believe could be implemented into the game, just maybe in a distant storyline. Still ironing out the details. So anyway.

The professor asks you to go find a shadow pokemon and they shouldn't be too hard to find. Once you do he examines it and says the shadow pokemons arrival coincedes with unearthing of some ruins that once were home to a Darkrai. He says the ancient people that lived on the this land found a way to banish Darkrai and sealed him and his realm behind a doorway. However over the millenia the seal has weakened and Darkrai's power has seeped through infecting the pokemon. He tells you the only way now to stop Darkrai is to gather the keys to his seal and face him head on in his realm. The professor gets to work on finding a way to reverse the contamination while the champion says she will do this for the sake of all pokemon. If not reversed it may spread to kanto and the others. She asks for your help in gathering the keys and sends you to gather info on the first key.

(Bit fuzzy on the key quests, they will be added later)

You give the keys to the champion at the ruin entrance and she goes in, telling you to find safety in case she fails. As you leave someone shoves past you. Going into the ruins you find the champ laying on the floor, she says somone stole the keys, unlocked and entered the dark realm. She tried to fight but something happened to her pokemon and they've become infected, being so close to the dark realm. She hates to ask but you cannot allow him to try to control Darkrai. She says you must be careful as your pokemon will slowly become infected as well.

(In the dark realm there is a time limit as your pokemon will slowly lose they're attacks and end up with just Dark Crunch, really ineffective against Darkrai.)

Anyway you go through the dark realm and find Darkrai just in time to see the guy get swallowed but the darkness. Darkrai remarks that your pure heart has kept you from being swallowed and challenges you to extingish it. After beating Darkrai he says he may be gone but his essense still lingers in your world and someday he may return before vanishing.

Once outside the retrieved keys start glowing and reseal the doorway. The champ thanks you and says the man paid the price for his greed. Going back to the professor he says thanks to help from people in the Orre region he has built a restoration chamber to the shadow pokemon and proves it works by restoring your pokemons attacks. The champ say the work is not as the other wild shadow pokemon need to be purified and she will put other trainers on the job as well.

She says those ruin were from a forgotten time where many struggles for power between light and dark took place.

Still trying to decide the rewards. This post will be edited when it comes to me.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Lingering Shadows Quest
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:39:58 AM »
I think you have a pretty good story line so far.
I don't have much to say except I guess I'll wait for the key quests to be up.

So then after you enter the dark realm, you're basically looking for Darkrai right ? orrr ?
What else will be in there ?

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
Thanks I was considering that maybe you get the ShadowDex at the end of the quest that basically updates when you have a shadow pokemon.

The dark realm would be a twisty dungeon and then of course there's the time limit to reach Darkrai otherwise it's going to be really hard to defeat him. I don't know if there are any wild pokemon encounters there.

I obiously still need to think about it and do the keys quests.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
A shadow pokemon? I don't think that the PU team will be implementing that in the game...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:54 PM »
There seems to be a bit of confusion here. The shadow pokemon already exist, they were introduced in Pokemon Colusseum and Gale of Darkness for the Gamecube as was the Orre region. They basically pokemon with dark colouring and a black aura around them. They also only know shadow moves until you purify them.

Maybe... maybe not, I think they could be implememted in a future expansion perhaps.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
Well, until then, there will not be any shadow pokemons. PU is based on the GBA and Nintendo DS games first.

There has been requests to make it like Mystery Dungeon too, but it didn't go too well.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
I checked our database with Pokémon info but I don't find any shadow references, so it's not going to be in the game.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".