* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: question about the pokemon ingame  (Read 12799 times)

Offline sooosneaky

• Beginning Trainer
  • This is an EPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
question about the pokemon ingame
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
will each pokemon same species and/or different species have there own unique stats or will we do the stats ourselves..? which is kinda alot :P
ISO SIG

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
Re: question about the pokemon ingame
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »
If I've gotten it into my head correctly, it will be like in the other Pokemon games, with some changes that the balancers have done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:23:21 AM »
L5P gave us an explanation. He can correct me if I'm wrong (and maliciously if he so wishes), but it works the same as any game, except you decide the EV distribution instead of it being random, with a system that allows you to change the stats you have received to get the set you wish.(again, correct me if I'm wrong).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:05:30 AM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:54:58 AM »
All Pokémon are basically balanced by stats so that every pokémon has a chance to be set in team. ;)

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
I seem to remember something like that, but that might just have been speculation. Anyways you don't have to worry as much about IVs as in the other previous games since it will have a higher minimal value. So now you don't have that much of a gap between Pokémon. The other changes will be that you will be able to use all kinds of Pokémon (except Legendaries of course) without worry of it being weaker than the rest. As far as gameplay is concerned all you really need to know right now is that you now will be able to use a Pidgeot and the like, which were underused because of their stats. So now a match will be determined by the players skill regardless of what Pokémon you wish to use. (Well don't forget those type advantages though :) )
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
L5P gave us an explanation. He can correct me if I'm wrong (and maliciously if he so wishes), but it works the same as any game, except you decide the EV distribution instead of it being random, with a system that allows you to change the stats (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

If this is correct then the early game will be interesting.  Pokemon will be hard to predict when they are lvl 50ish.  You might be used to seeing a pokemon one way.  (Because on the sims it's mostly lvl 100s.) And receive quite the shock when that's not true.  Ex, you think your infernape should be faster than a blaze blaziken.  But, because you didn't invest enough Evs in Speed yet.  He's not, and you get raped by an E-Quake.  It could make for interesting early gameplay.  Especially in PVP.

Oh, and genbor.  We of the EE tend to look past type advantages.  (What do you mean my entire team is weak to water...?) 

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
L5P gave us an explanation. He can correct me if I'm wrong (and maliciously if he so wishes), but it works the same as any game, except you decide the EV distribution instead of it being random, with a system that allows you to change the stats (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

If this is correct then the early game will be interesting.  Pokemon will be hard to predict when they are lvl 50ish.  You might be used to seeing a pokemon one way.  (Because on the sims it's mostly lvl 100s.) And receive quite the shock when that's not true.  Ex, you think your infernape should be faster than a blaze blaziken.  But, because you didn't invest enough Evs in Speed yet.  He's not, and you get raped by an E-Quake.  It could make for interesting early gameplay.  Especially in PVP.

Oh, and genbor.  We of the EE tend to look past type advantages.  (What do you mean my entire team is weak to water...?) 

reminds me of a team I once made, each pokémon of the team had a move to counter many types. Still needed a Dragon-type and Ground-type move and then I had a super-effective, against any kind of type combination that could excist.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline sooosneaky

• Beginning Trainer
  • This is an EPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
what is EV points ? i have to put in my own stats for EV points/stats?
ISO SIG

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »

Indeed. EQ an rockslide hit all 3 of my weaknesses for SE damage and about 4-5 of my Pokemon will have one or both.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

EV's are what determines the stats you gain on leveling up in the game, but it happens randomly. In PU, you get to decide where the EV spread goes to increase your pokemon's stats when they level up. You don't put in your own stats, as each pokemon can only reach a maximum set by the Developers. From what I can remember, L5P said that while beginning, put your stats in Atk/SpAtk, and Speed or defenses since later on you will be able to trade off EV's into a different stat so you can get the set you wanted. Wild pokemon will be tougher to take down as their spreads will be under the balance. I'll find his post and put it here, just to make sure.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »

EV's are what determines the stats you gain on leveling up in the game, but it happens randomly.[...]

Oh no, they are not random. It's just that one type of pokemon give specific EV to a specific stat.

sooosneaky, use google to find more about EVs. serebii, bulbapedia, etc give a lot of information about them, but beware, they involve math. So if you don't quite like numbers for some odd reason, I won't advise you to try to understand them too much, since the distribution system will be different anyway in PU.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline sooosneaky

• Beginning Trainer
  • This is an EPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
oh okkk .. so are we going to be manually putting any stats in on pokemon we catch?
ISO SIG

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
That is yet to be confirmed.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline sooosneaky

• Beginning Trainer
  • This is an EPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 05:03:58 PM »
i think itll be too much !!! please dont do it i think itll make the game not as fun!!! i surely hope we dont edit the stats on pokemon ourselves . and plus what about ppl just starting to play it will be hella more confusing
ISO SIG

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
I actually would find it fun to be able to edit their stats, sort of like in a Dungeons & Dragons type of game, and I love those games.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!